• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

DA advised my car arrived to Short Hills today. I have not heard from anyone about scheduling pickup. DA says it is out of his hands at this point and it is up to local studio to schedule. Any idea what i should do? Anyone i can call to get an appointment going?

BTW if anyone is doing a pickup in Short hills and sees my car Black/Tahoe 20" please send a picture :).
Did you try calling the studio and speak to one of the associates?

My touring status has been changed to Preparing for Delivery, and my DA has told me it's estimated to be delivered to Seattle Dec 26th, then 27th or potentially 28th morning. But since yesterday, the DA have stopped responding to my emails about whether the car have actually arrived in Seattle or delivery date. I'm in Canada now and will have to plan the time to go back to Seattle to take delivery. It looks like this one is going to come down to the wire.

Same here dude! I've been following up with Jess for many weeks now. Received VIN on 12/6 but car was apparently shipped on 19th, then "stuck" in winter weather. After multiple follow-ups she texted me that car was arriving in Seattle on 12/27. Online status changed to "Preparing for Delivery" on 12/28 morning. No word since from Jess; no response to texts.
I have made a large deposit, with rest to be financed by bank. But unless I have the car, bank wont release funds
Nervous!
My status changed to Preparing for Delivery today, and as of yesterday, both my DA and SA had confirmed that the car had left the factory was en route to Seattle. I just called the Seattle Service Center and they confirmed that my car did arrive last night, but they couldn't give any other ETA on when it would be ready for pickup.

Did you try calling the studio and speak to one of the associates?
Going to do that now. Didn't really want to bother them, I'm sure they are already very overwhelmed. I guess if you done push hard your not going to get a lot of movement. Oh well.

Received the beauty, quantum grey , glass canopy

Attachments

• 5A2531BF-00B9-406B-9340-C6B363FED3D2.jpeg
    5A2531BF-00B9-406B-9340-C6B363FED3D2.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 148
Going to do that now. Didn't really want to bother them, I'm sure they are already very overwhelmed. I guess if you done push hard your not going to get a lot of movement. Oh well.
To make a long story short. I called the studio, at first they told me they are still waiting for confirmation that the loan went through, I told them please call my DA he said we are just waiting for scheduling, he said he will call me back, I quickly called BOA they confirmed the loan was disbursed. He called me back after a few minutes that we are all good, i pusheed him hard that i want to pick up the car tonight he agreed YAAAY!

Guys, at this point don't wait for anyone to call and schedule things. If you are not going to proactive you wont hear from anyone! just my experiance!

They "offered" but there is no way in hell I'm driving back to Vegas with the crazies trying to get here for New Year's. They say it's on a transport, but I'll believe it when I see it. Good luck with your delivery and enjoy the ride!
Latest update. My car arrived - today! Just got through the virtual orientation. Nice to have it before the New Year.

DA advised my car arrived to Short Hills today. I have not heard from anyone about scheduling pickup. DA says it is out of his hands at this point and it is up to local studio to schedule. Any idea what i should do? Anyone i can call to get an appointment going?

BTW if anyone is doing a pickup in Short hills and sees my car Black/Tahoe 20" please send a picture :).
Picked my car this afternoon and I am still not over my excitement 🤩. The delivery was smooth and thanks to the checklist I found 3 issues that will be taken care of by the mobile service, hopefully soon. It took almost an hour and a half to go thru the checklist and complete the profile settings for my wife and I.

Short hills has been receiving multiple truck deliveries today and I was told they are expecting over 30 deliveries between today and Saturday.

To make a long story short. I called the studio, at first they told me they are still waiting for confirmation that the loan went through, I told them please call my DA he said we are just waiting for scheduling, he said he will call me back, I quickly called BOA they confirmed the loan was disbursed. He called me back after a few minutes that we are all good, i pusheed him hard that i want to pick up the car tonight he agreed YAAAY!

Guys, at this point don't wait for anyone to call and schedule things. If you are not going to proactive you wont hear from anyone! just my experiance!
Exactly, I drove by my delivery center a few days ago and requested for a delivery today. Still many cars there waiting fro delivery. Call them and be proactive.

And here we go. The black one is mine and someone’s silver is sitting here.

Drive home was bliss. Didn’t press it to hard, had all my kids in the car.

Only issue I’m having, I can’t switch from smooth mode, it keeps jumping back to smooth.
9BE59EA8-2840-4423-BE89-AFEF40DBEF49.jpeg

Latest update. My car arrived - today! Just got through the virtual orientation. Nice to have it before the New Year.
Congratulations! You beat the deadline!

Pete

333E41D3-90B5-465D-90ED-4FB3FBC63296.jpeg

Took delivery in Short hills today. Alex was helping me out, he seemed tired 😊but was very friendly and helpful. I told him just hand me the keys and I’ll be out of there.

So far my impressions driving back home, I used highway assist most of the way, works very well, nothing fancy but it does well keeping you in lane and distance from car in front of you. Comparing this to my other vehicle, an Audi Q7, Lucid drivers a little more comfy I would say, however the Audi is more nimble and and is just slightly more refined. Steering in the Lucid a little to light for my liking, perhaps they can adjust this with software updates.

Sound system is good, I still think my Bang & Olufsen in the Audi is slightly better.

Love the interior quality, lighting and tech. On the way home I had one little issue, I wasn’t able to get the drive mode out of smooth, when ever I put in swift or sprint it would jump back to Smooth. When I got home I went out of the car locked it and went back in and it started working, so no biggie there.

All and all, I would say they achieved what Tesla failed at and that’s getting close to the Luxury sedans of like the Germans but with an EV. I don’t think they are quite there but it’s close enough for me.

I’m very pleased so far. Thanks all for all the insight and helpful tips.
35F0BBD7-045C-4398-944A-03F8B88330D0.jpeg
8D972217-4577-4A24-AA8E-45D17D16DF0F.jpeg

View attachment 8105
Took delivery in Short hills today. Alex was helping me out, he seemed tired 😊but was very friendly and helpful. I told him just hand me the keys and I’ll be out of there.

So far my impressions driving back home, I used highway assist most of the way, works very well, nothing fancy but it does well keeping you in lane and distance from car in front of you. Comparing this to my other vehicle, an Audi Q7, Lucid drivers a little more comfy I would say, however the Audi is more nimble and and is just slightly more refined. Steering in the Lucid a little to light for my liking, perhaps they can adjust this with software updates.

Sound system is good, I still think my Bang & Olufsen in the Audi is slightly better.

Love the interior quality, lighting and tech. On the way home I had one little issue, I wasn’t able to get the drive mode out of smooth, when ever I put in swift or sprint it would jump back to Smooth. When I got home I went out of the car locked it and went back in and it started working, so no biggie there.

All and all, I would say they achieved what Tesla failed at and that’s getting close to the Luxury sedans of like the Germans but with an EV. I don’t think they are quite there but it’s close enough for me.

I’m very pleased so far. Thanks all for all the insight and helpful tips.
View attachment 8106View attachment 8107
Congrats! Take a drive tomorrow in Swift and it'll feel more sporty and tighter on the steering.

Congrats! Take a drive tomorrow in Swift and it'll feel more sporty and tighter on the steering.
Thank you!

I already did, still feels more boaty then a 7 series or an A8.

Grated this is way faster then those, still think those are just a little more refined.

So after waiting all day for one of the SAs at Short Hills to notify me whether my car had been delivered, I finally decided to call them for an update seeing as how my pick up was already tentatively set up for tomorrow. Fortunately, the car has made it to NJ and they confirmed pick up for tomorrow morning. They said they were going to arrange for a Lyft to transport me to the studio, but so far haven't gotten any confirmation about that. Has anyone had a Lyft or Uber arranged for them and how did they notify you of the arrangements?

So after waiting all day for one of the SAs at Short Hills to notify me whether my car had been delivered, I finally decided to call them for an update seeing as how my pick up was already tentatively set up for tomorrow. Fortunately, the car has made it to NJ and they confirmed pick up for tomorrow morning. They said they were going to arrange for a Lyft to transport me to the studio, but so far haven't gotten any confirmation about that. Has anyone had a Lyft or Uber arranged for them and how did they notify you of the arrangements?
As per my post upper thread, don’t wait for them to call you, you need to be proactive.

I was notified today that my car arrived there, I didn’t have any scheduled pickup and since no one called me I just called the studio and asked if I can come by tonight, they said yes. Was there an hour later and got my car.

Best of luck tomorrow, hope everything works out for you!!

Back