• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Just tried shoving my S22 Ultra in case down all the way and slight tilt to right and Voila, it worked!!! Thanks CW75.
This is good to know since my Note 21 Ultra is about the same size.

I'm sure they drive/ride beautifully. But the amount I like the 21s over the 20s and for the original $1500 price point, I'm not willing to take the car for that. Also.... having a very difficult time continuing to conform to a build I didn't want, at this price point. Totally get it. EOY delivery crunch is really what's causing a lot of problems, but still. Asked about getting the 21s later and apparently it's $6-7k to get them from Lucid but not straight from factory. Insanity.
Same. A few weeks ago. DA tried to get me to change my build to something I didn't want. I couldn't justify that. The wait continues.

I also feel the same about the 20's vs the 21's -- aesthetics. I think the 20'a with those dark covers on don't look as nice with the darker color of the Zenith Red. I think the 20's with the covers look great with the lighter colors like the Stellar White and Cosmos Silver.

Thank you so much for posting this. I, too was convinced I had a few scratches I didn’t notice at delivery. Then I read your post, and sure enough, my screen has a factory protector on it, too.

I’m leaving mine on until I can get a proper one ordered.
Honestly, you don’t need it. After a year there isn’t a single scratch on mine.

Interesting, Natick as an intermediate stop? I will pick up at Short Hills as well (at some point) and a few weeks ago my DA said the car would go through Goose Island. I guess Lucid is routing cars wherever there is PDI capacity.
Originally, I was told my touring would go through goose island but going straight to Natick will save me a day or so. I am glad they sent the car straight to Natick. Now the car is only a couple of hundreds miles away from short hills. Hopefully I will get a call tomorrow with a delivery date.

Did anyone took a delivery from Tysons recently, mine is scheduled for Thursday. Just wondering things to check and the process is

Same. A few weeks ago. DA tried to get me to change my build to something I didn't want. I couldn't justify that. The wait continues.

I also feel the same about the 20's vs the 21's -- aesthetics. I think the 20'a with those dark covers on don't look as nice with the darker color of the Zenith Red. I think the 20's with the covers look great with the lighter colors like the Stellar White and Cosmos Silver.
I actually really like the 20s, but I just couldn't drive around DC with those summer tires, and there wasn't a consensus on an adequate Michelin all season for the 20s. At least that I could get on the car quickly enough not to slide off into the ditch in the interim 😂

I am willing to bet that it comes with a hat. The hats that come with the cars are different than what you can buy in the studio or online so I bet Lucid will continue the special hat for owners.
To circle back on this, for those who are curious. They are still giving some swag for Touring customers. I got the cap, the MiiR water bottle, and the Rains tote bag. And a screen cleaning cloth in the glove box.

I actually really like the 20s, but I just couldn't drive around DC with those summer tires, and there wasn't a consensus on an adequate Michelin all season for the 20s. At least that I could get on the car quickly enough not to slide off into the ditch in the interim 😂
I know, roads aren't that great here either. When I have to be at work in Philly, I'll take my other car. My 21's will not see any part of Philadelphia.

Did anyone took a delivery from Tysons recently, mine is scheduled for Thursday. Just wondering things to check and the process is
I took delivery at Tysons last week. DA helped us setup our profiles, linking key fobs and mobile key. Then a quick drive around the mall. Parked on the roof parking lot and take some pictures of the car then off we go. Pretty straightforward.

Heard from DA that our car has arrived at Millbrae today. Will undergo PDI and other formalities. Delivery date set for 12/30. I’ve been invited to a delivery event happening that day - the CEO and other execs will be there! Super excited and looking forward to be getting the car, and the opportunity to meet Mr Peter Rawlinson in person!

I took delivery of my Zenith Red, Tahoe today 12/26. Now its spending a couple days at the detailer getting glammed up.

The ride over was amazing. It is a huge improvement over my 2016 Model S which was up until now the best car I've owned. Took 2 years and 4 months since reservation but well worth the wait!.

FWIW my detailer said in a cursory glance at the paint that he thought the paint had been additionally polished at the delivery center. e.g. it's not just the factory paint job. That could be why PDI takes a bit longer than you'd expect for the car to be ready for delivery.

He's worked on several lucid's starting with the earlier builds and the quality has been steadily improving. Most of the niggles he spotted were minor trim alignment, but in general the body panel alignments were solid. He joked that he had a model y recently in that was so poorly assembled that the door latch "popped" the door up into place every time it was closed.

Will share pics after the detailer is done.

Reserved: December, 2021
Ordered: 8/12/22
Confirmed: 11/18/22

Variant: Touring
Drivetrain Dual Motor, All-Wheel Drive
Color: Stellar White
Look: Platinum
Roof: Glass Canopy
Wheels: 19” Aero
Interior: Tahoe
Feature: Surreal Sound Pro
Feature: DreamDrive
Feature: Lucid User Experience with Navigation Included

I took delivery at Tysons last week. DA helped us setup our profiles, linking key fobs and mobile key. Then a quick drive around the mall. Parked on the roof parking lot and take some pictures of the car then off we go. Pretty straightforward.
Thank you very much, very excited. My kid is dreaming about this for last 6 months

received call from da today that delivery will be 29th or 30th at short hills. Getting chargers installed on the 29th. It’s happening. Thank you all for great information provided by this user forum.

received call from da today that delivery will be 29th or 30th at short hills. Getting chargers installed on the 29th. It’s happening. Thank you all for great information provided by this user forum.
Congrats in advance! I looked back at your post history and you're at less than two weeks from VIN (Dec 17) to delivery, which is great.

I will take delivery of my Lucid PURE on Friday in the sf Bay Area! I had to spec it with dreamdrive in blue with the upgraded sound system and Alcântara headliner. I think I’m one of the first people to get the car. I got invited to an event in Arizona to tour the factor and take delivery there but they canceled it.

Congrats!

Should plan a NJ meet up in the new year

Just spoke to my DA, who expects delivery in 2nd or 3rd week of January (VIN 12/22/2022). He says that my car will come with the DDP 3-month trial, just like the base GTs, but he doesn't have information on how purchasing DDP well after the trial expires might work. So maybe they will decide to let us buy just the surround view, as I do way more parallel parking than long road trips.

Same here. My delivery has been rescheduled from the 28th to the 29th.

Back