Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Pure

I believe some of it has to do with whether you converted your reservation to a non refundable order back in August 2022. From what I’m seeing, people who converted got asked to finalize their order first.
This may be correct. I converted my order to non- refundable last August and did get the finalize order email.

Have you considered upgrading to a Touring? Although, they are being shipped with DDP and SSP its only a 90 day trial.
Yes, with the $7500 credit, the Touring warrants consideration like many here are doing. But it requires the glass roof which is not my preference and is still $7,600 more spec'd similarly to my Pure design. Since whatever value I placed on being an early adopter is significantly diminished by a Q323/Q423 delivery, the value proposition of a lightly used Pure of Touring is enticing. With Lucids so far depreciating like a normal car, not a hot new EV (see Rivian, Hummer, etc.), its something to think about.

I was surprised to receive the email a couple days ago asking me to finalize. The finalize button is on my account now. I placed my order in late May and converted it in August before IRA.
I also only ordered RWD in infinite black, no DD pro or SS pro.
I'm not planning on "finalizing" until I need to. The only thing I will likely change is the color to fathom blue. Like others, I want to see a Pure with that color and hopefully do a test drive down the road sometime.
We are in the same boat. IIRC we have 30 days to finalize. My SA told me a RWD is not likely to be available for a test drive until Q1 of '24.

Last edited:
My understanding is the reservation is cancelled. I'm sure they would reach out before that happens. I'm meeting with my SA next week. I'll try to get additional details.
Thank you. Will be interesting to see if they will cancel and refund my non-refundable deposit if I don’t finalize in 30 days. I converted my reservation into an order back in August 2022.

What happens if you don’t finalize in 30 days?
They will email you saying that they may not honor legacy pricing. I was asked to finalize my Pure reservation in November and did not. I recieved a warning aobut legacy pricing in December. I also received emails about the $7500 discount so my reservation is still active and still shows when I log in. I do not know if Lucid will still honor legacy pricing since I have not asked. I still have not decided what I am going to do with a second Lucid Air so I am just waiting.

They will email you saying that they may not honor legacy pricing. I was asked to finalize my Pure reservation in November and did not. I recieved a warning aobut legacy pricing in December. I also received emails about the $7500 discount so my reservation is still active and still shows when I log in. I do not know if Lucid will still honor legacy pricing since I have not asked. I still have not decided what I am going to do with a second Lucid Air so I am just waiting.
This makes sense to me. They probably don’t want to cancel the reservation, because that’s a strike against them to investors, and they can hold on to your deposit. But we can’t expect them to honor legacy pricing indefinitely.

Upgraded to a Quantum Grey Touring late last week. They have one in inventory and I expect to take delivery soon. Got the $7500 credit and legacy pricing due to my reservation being made in Mar '22.

I'm on the Fathom Blue list on page 1, so you can take me off the list if you're still maintaining it. I'll put in my Touring details on that thread.

$95,000
Glass Canopy Roof Option = $4,000
Surreal Sound Audio System = $2,900
Dream Drive Pro (Level 3 Autonomous Driving) = $9,000
To get the credit do you have to get all those options or can I just get the base touring?

Check out my new name...I got it changed to lucidTOURINGman cos its the little things in life....haha...!! 😃
That’s great! Looks good on you! Well thanks to your discussion and the new $7500 discount I’ve decided to switch to Touring as well. I hope you get your car soon 😁

That’s great! Looks good on you! Well thanks to your discussion and the new $7500 discount I’ve decided to switch to Touring as well. I hope you get your car soon 😁
Well, that is fantastic! Glad I could help in some way. Better get thinkin' about that home charging now..its caught me off guard as to how much research I ended up doing...

Reservation: January 26, 2022
Confirmed Order: August 10, 2022
Configuration Confirmed: February 11, 2023
Infinite Black
Mojave PurLuxe with Alcantara
20" Aero Lite
AWD

Well, that is fantastic! Glad I could help in some way. Better get thinkin' about that home charging now..its caught me off guard as to how much research I ended up doing...
Your Lucid comes with a wire that you can plug into the appropriate socket. I keep that one in the very nice bag in the trunk just in case I need it while on the go. In my house, I have a JuiceBox that I got from Amazon. It is a 40 amp unit attached to a 50 amp circuit but I have installed by an electrician. Some have them hardwired, mine is the plug-in variety. I had it done that way in so I can simply unplug it and plug a different one in if it ever dies. I've had it for about four years and use it on both of my EVs. It works perfectly well for home charging, giving me about 35 miles per charge hour.

Your Lucid comes with a wire that you can plug into the appropriate socket. I keep that one in the very nice bag in the trunk just in case I need it while on the go. In my house, I have a JuiceBox that I got from Amazon. It is a 40 amp unit attached to a 50 amp circuit but I have installed by an electrician. Some have them hardwired, mine is the plug-in variety. I had it done that way in so I can simply unplug it and plug a different one in if it ever dies. I've had it for about four years and use it on both of my EVs. It works perfectly well for home charging, giving me about 35 miles per charge hour.
Thank you...very helpful...yesterday I pulled the trigger on a Chargepoint home charger unit...I liked the app interface and the fact that outside of Tesla, it is one of the 3 major charging networks..so same app for out of home charging too..I also liked the 25' long cord on the Chargepoint and the rubberized handle grip...I am getting it hardwired with a 50Amp circuit (70Amp breaker) and hoping to get about 38miles/hour that way. I am also planning to leave the factory provided Lucid charger inside the car for when I'm out and about...

In addition to the 3 years of EAnetwork, I also have my accounts ready to go for Chargepoint, EVgo, and Volta charging networks.

Now I just need the car to show up! 😄

I get 36-37 miles/hour charging with 40 amps. You will likely get close to 45.
Thank you for sharing this...as this confirms what some of my calculations/instincts were telling me against the information Chargepoint was sharing...I am an electrical engineer and size breaker and circuits almost daily so I was coming up with an actual amp draw higher than what Chargepoint was telling me will occur...48Amp for a 70A breaker but combined with a 700-800V charging architecture of the Air creates a 'vacuum' (Potential difference) leading the car to potentially draw slighty more than 48Amps ..which told me that I should expect a few extra miles than what was stated...this was also the main reason why I went hardwired as opposed to plugin as the 14-50 outlet is constructed to handle a Max of 50amps and I think the real-life amp draw will actually be a bit higher..anyway...long story short...mo' miles is good..

So I finally got my email today asking to finalize my order, which I did. It is surprising that they're doing this so far in advance of the start of actual production.

I also called my local Studio to see if they could bring a car out for me to check out on the speed humps that exist within our community. As low slung as the Lucid is, it is a bit of a concern. I know some have said that changing the suspension mode helps with this, but I'd like to see nonetheless. The Studio Manager said they would stop off at their next event in the Hamptons, so hopefully that will put my mind at ease. I'd also check out my driveway while they're here to ensure there are no issues there either.

Back