Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Pure

FINALLY -

Dear REDACTED,

I would like to thank you for your continued support and provide you with an update on your Lucid Air Pure reservation.

We began delivering Air Pure at the end of 2022 and we are so excited to get this amazing car into more customers’ hands as soon as possible. As the most attainable version of Air, Pure provides unbelievable range, comfort, utility, and performance. The smiles on customers’ faces during the initial deliveries were incredible and we can’t wait to see the smiles of many more thousands of Air Pure reservation holders that will take delivery in 2023.

Over the next few weeks, we will invite Air Pure reservation holders to configure their desired cars and submit their orders. We will then sequence these orders based on the selected configurations.

Throughout the first half of this year we are building the dual motor, all-wheel drive version of Air Pure, and initially, these cars will be configured with DreamDrive Pro and Surreal Sound Pro. By limiting the number of configurations at the introduction of a new model version it allows us to streamline the production process.

By Q3 2023 we plan to introduce the rear-wheel drive Air Pure. By this time, we also expect to make standard versions of DreamDrive and Surreal Sound available.

Below are the expected specifications for the rear-wheel drive version of Air Pure.¹
  • Projected Range: estimated 406 mi. (projection based on EPA test cycle)
  • 0-60 MPH time: 4.4 sec.
  • Horsepower: 430 hp
  • Torque: 550 Nm (406 lb-ft)
I share this information with you so that you can make an informed decision about how you configure your order. If you would like to get your Air Pure as soon as possible, we recommend you select all-wheel drive with DreamDrive Pro and Surreal Sound Pro.

You should soon be receiving your invitation to order your Lucid Air Pure. Visit the Air Pure page to see additional photos and specifications. If you have any questions, please reach out to your Sales Advisor, or contact Sales at (844) 367-7787.

I hope you are as excited as we are for the arrival of your Air Pure.

Regards,
JONwTqppQMWRLVnVFXKyyCcsthE4hiOum_3FfmOYS6tYwKIyvAGbL4ErBp5KobzkHNvz5pwX4qGi_Lv3LXW-1Hf5T5VZ7LhluVtDdHFKTG1rd_GyJvvTI8viIM4WRIkdkEpRL8KJCEYYPDRjWq0ZZ2jhwLDaZx8-I24=s0-d-e1-ft
Zak Edson
VP of Sales and Service
Lucid Motors
¹ Air Pure RWD is currently in preproduction and final specifications are subject to change.
Lucid Motors USA, Inc.
7373 Gateway Boulevard, Newark, CA 94560, USA

Qjc9Th6DYkUe4m4yOt5qqEh6my1d6wdwk2G0dszzIbZvwI_7y_tC_PwfwRuzqi_65GodoO_tw9lMLsAp82oIUvUgJ_rNx9kv8dyFqR9CEVkzvPLSSh5riwuoVHxZKM-GLTuHrE0KZAOXXk5jI23UKBT_IyPU06spas2L8i6uHdJQ1pL3GEPpGz_QkF1jV2AATle-KZgNXzcbwRQ3wx4WfF29_vVRQAGvxnsfnvqtqyqn6wugC4F8MXB7jA=s0-d-e1-ft
Got the same email and I have the RWD on order. Going to keep it, I'm pretty happy with the specs

FINALLY -

Dear REDACTED,

I would like to thank you for your continued support and provide you with an update on your Lucid Air Pure reservation.

We began delivering Air Pure at the end of 2022 and we are so excited to get this amazing car into more customers’ hands as soon as possible. As the most attainable version of Air, Pure provides unbelievable range, comfort, utility, and performance. The smiles on customers’ faces during the initial deliveries were incredible and we can’t wait to see the smiles of many more thousands of Air Pure reservation holders that will take delivery in 2023.

Over the next few weeks, we will invite Air Pure reservation holders to configure their desired cars and submit their orders. We will then sequence these orders based on the selected configurations.

Throughout the first half of this year we are building the dual motor, all-wheel drive version of Air Pure, and initially, these cars will be configured with DreamDrive Pro and Surreal Sound Pro. By limiting the number of configurations at the introduction of a new model version it allows us to streamline the production process.

By Q3 2023 we plan to introduce the rear-wheel drive Air Pure. By this time, we also expect to make standard versions of DreamDrive and Surreal Sound available.

Below are the expected specifications for the rear-wheel drive version of Air Pure.¹
  • Projected Range: estimated 406 mi. (projection based on EPA test cycle)
  • 0-60 MPH time: 4.4 sec.
  • Horsepower: 430 hp
  • Torque: 550 Nm (406 lb-ft)
I share this information with you so that you can make an informed decision about how you configure your order. If you would like to get your Air Pure as soon as possible, we recommend you select all-wheel drive with DreamDrive Pro and Surreal Sound Pro.

You should soon be receiving your invitation to order your Lucid Air Pure. Visit the Air Pure page to see additional photos and specifications. If you have any questions, please reach out to your Sales Advisor, or contact Sales at (844) 367-7787.

I hope you are as excited as we are for the arrival of your Air Pure.

Regards,
JONwTqppQMWRLVnVFXKyyCcsthE4hiOum_3FfmOYS6tYwKIyvAGbL4ErBp5KobzkHNvz5pwX4qGi_Lv3LXW-1Hf5T5VZ7LhluVtDdHFKTG1rd_GyJvvTI8viIM4WRIkdkEpRL8KJCEYYPDRjWq0ZZ2jhwLDaZx8-I24=s0-d-e1-ft
Zak Edson
VP of Sales and Service
Lucid Motors
¹ Air Pure RWD is currently in preproduction and final specifications are subject to change.
Lucid Motors USA, Inc.
7373 Gateway Boulevard, Newark, CA 94560, USA

Qjc9Th6DYkUe4m4yOt5qqEh6my1d6wdwk2G0dszzIbZvwI_7y_tC_PwfwRuzqi_65GodoO_tw9lMLsAp82oIUvUgJ_rNx9kv8dyFqR9CEVkzvPLSSh5riwuoVHxZKM-GLTuHrE0KZAOXXk5jI23UKBT_IyPU06spas2L8i6uHdJQ1pL3GEPpGz_QkF1jV2AATle-KZgNXzcbwRQ3wx4WfF29_vVRQAGvxnsfnvqtqyqn6wugC4F8MXB7jA=s0-d-e1-ft
So finally, an official word on the RWD Pure, my distinct preference. I'm surprised they're starting production in Q3. Of course their terminology says 'introduce' which may not be the same as 'starting production'. We shall see.

The EPA projection of 406 falls in line with what most of us expected. I'm a bit surprised by the 4.4 second 0-60. Unlike most here, anything in the vicinity of 5 seconds is more than enough for me.

The information about the rear-wheel-drive version of the Pure is timely indeed. I just received an email asking me to finalize my design. I reserved my Pure in February 2022.

I'm not surprised at the 4.4 number on the RWD Pure. I'm a bit surprised at the range. From what I've seen typically RWD has a better range then AWD. The 4.4 number is adequate. Similar to last last two cars, Tesla Model S (Dual Motor) and Porsche Boxster. Peter may have been a bit conservative with his Q4 estimate for base Pure. That's good, better to underpromise than overpromise.

I'm not surprised at the 4.4 number on the RWD Pure. I'm a bit surprised at the range. From what I've seen typically RWD has a better range then AWD. The 4.4 number is adequate. Similar to last last two cars, Tesla Model S (Dual Motor) and Porsche Boxster. Peter may have been a bit conservative with his Q4 estimate for base Pure. That's good, better to underpromise than overpromise.
I think the thing with the RWD Pure is it's not likely to be much lighter than the AWD Pure. Other cars have much larger motors; the Air's motors are less than 100 lbs. Combine that with the already super impressive range of the AWD Pure, and there just isn't that much more range to eek out?

Could be that the RWD does better than the others, in terms of percentage to EPA in the real world, though. We'll have to wait and see.

Maybe there are differences in battery pack between models? What else would explain longer range with the Touring compared to AWD Pure.

I am surprised by the range too since generally based of all other EV's, AWD have less range.

Maybe there are differences in battery pack between models? What else would explain longer range with the Touring compared to AWD Pure.
As far as we know, the batteries are the same. I still think the slight difference on the Touring was just what happened when that particular Touring completed the test. At the end of the day, each car is going to vary a bit depending on the car itself and the circumstances on the day(s) it was tested.

It's a small enough difference that I chalk it up to chance more than anything else. The other option is that they somehow play with the software to change the range, but that still makes less sense to me. Most people are not going to upgrade an extra $20k just to get another 20 miles of range.

got invited to finalize my design today, it now says preparing for production in my dashboard. Fully loaded pure without alcantara headliner (i feel this option makes interior too dark looking)

I got the same email updating the Pure trim and one hour later I got my email to finalize my Pure order. It seems pretty fast considering that I started my order back in May but my SA told me last month to expect a finalizing email in late January/ early February.

Good choice, you won't regret it!
Yesterday, I talked to my DA to upgrade my Pure to the Touring trim model. So happy that I get to pay the old list price which saves around $12,000 compared to the current list price. Today I got another call from my DA and confirmed that I got to save another $7500 on top of that. You can order the Touring with a glass top and leave out the rest of the options.
You will get the Touring price, which is less than a fully loaded Pure.
Same

I talked to my SA and she said I could be grandfathered into the old Touring pricing. Right now I'm 90% sure that I want to switch to Touring but I want to finish my test drive on Sunday to be sure.

Since Touring now comes with 7500 discount, making the price difference about 10k plus taxes between fully loaded trims... I'd say get the Touring!
Thanks for your advice nobzilla. I have a pure reservation, I will consider it.

I got an email from Lucid to finalize my Lucid Air Pure design today. Not sure what that means, but if I do follow through with my reservation, then will probably upgrade to a Touring now, since that has the $7500 discount now.

My sales advisor told me that the $7,500 discount applies only to the newer, higher pricing on the Touring and Grand Touring, i.e. you can’t get $7,500 off of the original Touring pricing.

My sales advisor told me that the $7,500 discount applies only to the newer, higher pricing on the Touring and Grand Touring, i.e. you can’t get $7,500 off of the original Touring pricing.
Oh welp that kills it then and back to square 1

Did you have Legacy pricing on your original reservation?

Back