• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Pure

Not sure it'll take a few months before we see any more Pure. But right now, they probably have shifted back to mostly Touring production.

Ultimately, the vast majority of deliveries this year will be Pure, though. At least in the US. Not that many more Touring to produce. And they already have a surplus of GT.

Not sure yet how deliveries to Saudi Arabia and Europe will impact the schedule.
Given the batching in the factory for efficiency, I doubt there will be any more Pures until we start to hear about (or see) metal roof tourings getting produced. I would assume they would build those first for the higher revenue. I can’t see right now why they would want to switch back and forth between metal and glass roof’s and risk possible production slowdowns.

It seems clear the apparently only 12 Pures in December were slotted in to December production to meet the statements that were made in November.

Bear’s flyovers will probably be the best info on this for awhile..

Given the batching in the factory for efficiency, I doubt there will be any more Pures until we start to hear about (or see) metal roof tourings getting produced. I would assume they would build those first for the higher revenue. I can’t see right now why they would want to switch back and forth between metal and glass roof’s and risk possible production slowdowns.

It seems clear the apparently only 12 Pures in December were slotted in to December production to meet the statements that were made in November.

I forgot about metal roof touring and that makes sense for them to start on those and just finish all the Tourings.

I really thought there will be more Pure deliveries right after the first ones at the end of December but now we see it more as meeting their statements in November.

It depends on how badly they don’t want to lose Pure reservations. People won’t wait forever. And some Pure reservations were made in 2020. While some Touring in 2022.

Every lost reservation is a lost sale. Extra Touring revenue is irrelevant if you lose 20 Pures for every Touring.

It depends on how badly they don’t want to lose Pure reservations. People won’t wait forever. And some Pure reservations were made in 2020. While some Touring in 2022.

Every lost reservation is a lost sale. Extra Touring revenue is irrelevant if you lose 20 Pures for every Touring.
As someone with a 2020 Pure reservation, I’d certainly welcome more Pure’s sooner than later but there hasn’t been any indications of that so far. Hope you are right and I am wrong on this. I think we all expected more than actually happened in December.

Not sure it'll take a few months before we see any more Pure. But right now, they probably have shifted back to mostly Touring production.

Ultimately, the vast majority of deliveries this year will be Pure, though. At least in the US. Not that many more Touring to produce. And they already have a surplus of GT.

Not sure yet how deliveries to Saudi Arabia and Europe will impact the schedule.
I've seen that second line several times before. Where is the info coming that there are not many Touring reservations compared to the other trims?

Based on on number of undelivered vehicles, maybe there are more out there to deliver?

I've seen that second line several times before. Where is the info coming that there are not many Touring reservations compared to the other trims?
In the Q3 Earnings call, Peter R. stated that Touring was by far the least popular reservation trim. From that, if we consider there were about 6k GT reservations delivered before they started selling "inventory", we can deduce that there were certainly fewer than 6k Touring reservations. If we take the "by far" pat of his statement, even conservatively, we have to figure maybe 4k Touring, tops? My guess is fewer than that.

I am sure metal roof Tourings are a small minority. When those start delivering we will know they are near the end of the list.

I am sure metal roof Tourings are a small minority. When those start delivering we will know they are near the end of the list.
Hey, don't burst my bubble! If they can produce metal roof Pure, then they know how to produce the metal roof Touring. Just a matter of the interior and other relatively minor (to the metal roof) variations, not the chassis / drive / battery. My expectation is Very Soon Now (tm).

Hey, don't burst my bubble! If they can produce metal roof Pure, then they know how to produce the metal roof Touring. Just a matter of the interior and other relatively minor (to the metal roof) variations, not the chassis / drive / battery. My expectation is Very Soon Now (tm).
I can't imagine it taking them past the beginning of Q2 to start producing metal roof Tourings. Probably sooner.

I still expect them to be caught up on Touring by mid-year. But what do I know?

I have a fully loaded Pure that is in my 'Saved Designs' and I haven't received anything to Finalize, nor have I been contacted by any Sales Associate.. any suggestions on what I should be doing from here? I have a pretty late Order Date of August 10th, so I thought that was why I haven't been reached out to yet, but I'm not so sure now. Thanks!
Th e invite to finalize is sent to you when it’s your turn. Your configuration and the production sequence (color, interior and options) will determine when it’s your turn. You can contact your DA and ask for status.

What was the purpose of delivering 12 or so Pures 12/31 with seemingly no further production. The car I plan to replace with the Pure is now over 2 years older than when I first made my reservation. Not sure how much longer I can hold on waiting.

What was the purpose of delivering 12 or so Pures 12/31 with seemingly no further production. The car I plan to replace with the Pure is now over 2 years older than when I first made my reservation. Not sure how much longer I can hold on waiting.
I highly doubt they have ceased production. Did you order the fathom blue Derek Jenkins spec? Those are the ones getting produced first.

Did the whole Jenkin’s spec with original order of 10/17/20 when I was called earlier for finalizing the order. No word since and I don’t see any new VIN’s recorded on the list since the CA 12. Bear flyovers do not show any Pures
on the factory grounds.

I asked my sales advisor yesterday for a production update on the Pures, and he indicated that Lucid is planning on producing the next batch of Pures in six weeks. I of course am not sure how accurate that is, but that’s what I was told.

You need to pump those cars out. That’s the only way you get your money back. Lucid has a large overhead that need to be paid.
Oh I thought you had more advanced info about the profitability of a major car corporation based on how many vehicles they produce each day. My bad.

Back