Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

Today my DA sent an email with the VIN

Next up we will see how quickly the already completed car will be shipped from AZ to Goose Island

Confirmation I will be picked up tomorrow midday heading to Boston for my AGT! My DA, Ted Z., was incredibly helpful and informative throughout and matched me with an unfortunate someone's cancellation last week. The car arrived in Boston last night, so Saturday will be it! The Boston Studio Mgr, Gianni, has been keeping me updated and is very personable. Looking forward to my first spin home to NH from there. (I think I may stop reading certain posts till I am safely back home.)

Confirmation: 12 June 2022
VIN Assignment: 31 August 2022
Delivery: 10 September 2022 (inshallah)
AGT/Zenith Red/Mojave/19"

Confirmation I will be picked up tomorrow midday heading to Boston for my AGT! My DA, Ted Z., was incredibly helpful and informative throughout and matched me with an unfortunate someone's cancellation last week. The car arrived in Boston last night, so Saturday will be it! The Boston Studio Mgr, Gianni, has been keeping me updated and is very personable. Looking forward to my first spin home to NH from there. (I think I may stop reading certain posts till I am safely back home.)

Confirmation: 12 June 2022
VIN Assignment: 31 August 2022
Delivery: 10 September 2022 (inshallah)
AGT/Zenith Red/Mojave/19"
How did you get yours so fast?!

How did you get yours so fast?!
I contacted my DA about a month ago and requested to be put on the Reallocation list. When someone cancels after the car has been assigned to them and apparently has made it at least to a delivery center (no idea of the reason the person slated for this car canceled), my DA put my name forward since it matched my order and I'm in the area. I guess I won the lottery. It took a couple days to get the VIN matched to my account, then the paperwork, payment, and transport/shipping dance to get it delivered. It was just under two weeks from him calling to see if I would accept the car to this point.

Update : yesterday, right after I posted about the slight stall in getting payment info etc… I was emailed all the info and I will be picking it up in Millbrae on Monday.

For those who follow this site and in particular, this thread, to have some sort of expected timeline —-here’s mine

August 16, 2021 - Reserved a blackTouring

June 13, 2022 - switched reservation from Touring to Grand Touring

June 16, 2022 - confirmed Black Grand Touring

July 29,2022 - received VIN

Sept 12, 2022- will take delivery

Got my financing email and asked my DA if I needed to do a thing because I’m paying cash. He called immediately and said VIN was assigned. *559 just got the email confirming. He said it goes to Chicago and then will come to NYC. So does this mean I may actually get the car in the next 2 weeks?

Must be getting closer to a VIN, the “It’s time to get started on financing” email came. Figured I’d share here since my friends are tired of hearing me talk about this darn car coming since March of 2020 🤪
Your VIN may have been assigned. Just happened to me too! Email your DA!

Update : yesterday, right after I posted about the slight stall in getting payment info etc… I was emailed all the info and I will be picking it up in Millbrae on Monday.

For those who follow this site and in particular, this thread, to have some sort of expected timeline —-here’s mine

August 16, 2021 - Reserved a blackTouring

June 13, 2022 - switched reservation from Touring to Grand Touring

June 16, 2022 - confirmed Black Grand Touring

July 29,2022 - received VIN

Sept 12, 2022- will take delivery
Definitely seems things are speeding up based on the number of posts from confirmation to delivery which is great to see!

Got my financing email and asked my DA if I needed to do a thing because I’m paying cash. He called immediately and said VIN was assigned. *559 just got the email confirming. He said it goes to Chicago and then will come to NYC. So does this mean I may actually get the car in the next 2 weeks?
From what my Goose Island guy said yesterday, thee are a lot of completed cars in AZ and not enough carriers to get them where they have to go.
That being said, the timing of transit is up in the air.
The next unknown is how backed up the service center doing PDI is.
I believe the Goose Island folks will do PDI here (perhaps get that confirmed or corrected by your DA), and then put your car on another truck to NYC.

He did mention going to Chicago first and then either meatpacking or short hills and I selected meatpacking.

Off the topic…..I received a call from my DA yesterday. A somewhat similar vehicle to what I had ordered became available. She inquired if I wanted to jump on it. I declined as the interior was different from what I had ordered. The Lucids must be getting built. Hopefully the wait for reservation holders will become less in duration.

Off the topic…..I received a call from my DA yesterday. A somewhat similar vehicle to what I had ordered became available. She inquired if I wanted to jump on it. I declined as the interior was different from what I had ordered. The Lucids must be getting built. Hopefully the wait for reservation holders will become less in duration.
Not off topic at all
I was offered a car with my preferred exterior color and a different interior scheme a week and a half ago, the order was canceled for that car but it was received at Goose Island

Seems like the login is enabled just before the delivery.I'm told My car is shipped to Costa Mesa center, I tried today and I am able to login to the app, I see a welcome screen and can download the car manual. Nothing else is enabled in the app at the moment.
hehe what's funny is my car got shipped day before (Sept 7) for an hours drive north to the Scottsdale service center and my DA keeeps telling me that I should not anticipate the car next week! LOL seriously

From what my Goose Island guy said yesterday, thee are a lot of completed cars in AZ and not enough carriers to get them where they have to go.
That being said, the timing of transit is up in the air.
The next unknown is how backed up the service center doing PDI is.
I believe the Goose Island folks will do PDI here (perhaps get that confirmed or corrected by your DA), and then put your car on another truck to NYC.
maybe Lucid should start taking some abandoned Macy’s, JC Penny and Sears stores and use them as indoor car warehouses near Service Centers / Retail stores 😂

maybe Lucid should start taking some abandoned Macy’s, JC Penny and Sears stores and use them as indoor car warehouses near Service Centers / Retail stores 😂
I think they heard you
Deliveries for Chicago are moving from Goose Island to near the Oakbrook store
After PDI the cars will get loaded into an enclosed carrier and transported to an indoor storage facility close to the Oakbrook mall
when it is time for delivery the buyer is informed of where to pick up the car

Back