Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

Probably time I post my info, since there are folks around my confirmation date that have received their VINs. Stellar White GT/Tahoe/21", confirmed 4/7/22.

All set, what pushed you to upgrade?
I had already chosen almost every upgrade for the Touring anyway, so with the price jumps I justified to myself(lol) that the now “little” bit of extra money was worth the extra HP, range and biggest factor….. hopefully actually getting a car before mid year ‘23

Question.
I just checked the list. There is only one person on the list who confirmed a red car in December , who has not received it ( that would be me).
Is that correct?
If so, why do they hate me so much?

Question.
I just checked the list. There is only one person on the list who confirmed a red car in December , who has not received it ( that would be me).
Is that correct?
If so, why do they hate me so much?
Call your DA?

Have there been any VIN assignments this month that was not due to canceled orders?
As far as the RED cars on the forum, there has not been a VIN assigned since June 16 (other than canceled orders). It now looks like the RED cars are out of vogue. There may be several reasons for this- they ran out of red paint, or the assembly line manager is color blind and thinks red is grey. LOL!

I received my Grey/Tahoe GT VIN on July 1. Yesterday (July 14), my DA told me my car is complete, and should ship out to Riviera Beach, FL imminently. There's a good chance the service center will receive it by next Friday (July 22). This is not a cancelled car; it's new production. So, perhaps production is speeding up?

I received my Grey/Tahoe GT VIN on July 1. Yesterday (July 14), my DA told me my car is complete, and should ship out to Riviera Beach, FL imminently. There's a good chance the service center will receive it by next Friday (July 22). This is not a cancelled car; it's new production. So, perhaps production is speeding up?
I do believe once the backlogged cars that were produced months ago but we’re stuck in PDI are out the door, this will become more of the norm.

From VIN to ready in 14 days, where is the PDI. :) Thanks for the update. Let us know when you get the car.

Another 2021 confirmation done!

Once they get through those, things should pick up. As for reds, they were the last DEcolors produced and the first GTs. They went through red batch until they got way down the list. Then they changed over paint to another color. Colors are batched, Now they are into the greys which were backed up due to the harmonization Issue. Nearly all of the remaining 2021 orders are for Grey cars (Except for silver which are delayed until Q4). They will run through those, most likely, and get ahead of the other colors before changing over paint again, likely to red.

Another 2021 confirmation done!

Once they get through those, things should pick up. As for reds, they were the last DEcolors produced and the first GTs. They went through red batch until they got way down the list. Then they changed over paint to another color. Colors are batched, Now they are into the greys which were backed up due to the harmonization Issue. Nearly all of the remaining 2021 orders are for Grey cars (Except for silver which are delayed until Q4). They will run through those, most likely, and get ahead of the other colors before changing over paint again, likely to red.
Couple black vins assigned today.

Hello, Dot. Did you get your VIN?
No, sadly. Had a talk with the DA on Tuesday. Couldn't tell me anything more than 'the car is in production'.

I kept prodding to see if he would tip a July or even August delivery but he held onto the no update update stance.

Assured me that as soon as the VIN was available, he would contact me and make arrangements for payment. I told him we'll talk about payment when you have an actual delivery date (based on what I have seen in the forum). He kept saying "we can't deliver your car without payment". Understood, all that I am saying is I am not going to pay for a car that will show up 'someday'...

No, sadly. Had a talk with the DA on Tuesday. Couldn't tell me anything more than 'the car is in production'.

I kept prodding to see if he would tip a July or even August delivery but he held onto the no update update stance.

Assured me that as soon as the VIN was available, he would contact me and make arrangements for payment. I told him we'll talk about payment when you have an actual delivery date (based on what I have seen in the forum). He kept saying "we can't deliver your car without payment". Understood, all that I am saying is I am not going to pay for a car that will show up 'someday'...
Unless something has changed, I did not pay for car until it was at Costa Mesa and cleared PDI. That was April though so maybe change? But I agreed with your sentiment at the time of no car, no money. Was not pressed to process payment before arrival though.

I don't know if I should bother trying to make sense why @Balin, @histal, and I received VINs before you, but haven't heard word on completion. I suspect logistics is the reason. Perhaps a truck is nearly full, and it made financial sense to put yours on it. I don't really need an explanation, I have a great deal of patience. I'm just more hopeful that mine coming soon.

GT: Quantum Grey/Santa Cruz/20"
confirmation date March 2, 2022

Sent email this week, as per DA in April to expect July delivery. No reply as of yet.

Back