Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

No, I believe that only happens some ways into general assembly
Yes, you are correct.

I have a VIN and supposedly the car is in production but I was not able to get any specific info during my recent call.
I am not going to inquire anymore because it is quite clear they are unable to give reliable timeframes, etc. Not criticizing, just kind of resigned to the reality of how complex the process is and how acutely aware Lucid has become of giving information that ultimately becomes incorrect.
But if Lucid is listening, please get me my vehicle a few months before winter sets in!! Pretty please.😊😊😊

Let’s hope!
Yesterday I received an email from Lucid that my delivery is approaching and it's time to apply for financing even though I'm paying cash and then today I got a call from my delivery advisor saying the car is finishing production and should be shipped to Scottsdale in the coming days. I'm pretty sure my car was one of the first cars produced after the big delay and this is why I think more VINs are going to drop very soon.

Lucid just updated the web site to reflect this in the configurator:

View attachment 3451
I spoke with my DA on Monday. He said the official timing of the Cosmos Silver was still 3rd quarter but he expected an official update soon. It seemed obvious he knew it was moving to the 4th quarter but could not say that until the official delay announcement was out. I had switched from the 20” wheels to the 21s to avoid the wheels holding up delivery. Will switch back to 20s and take delivery whenever it happens. I did ask about model year assignments, I had hoped to get a car from the first production year. He said he didn’t know when model years were changing. He also said he didn’t know if the DE’s were 2021 or 2022. So, I will be getting a car sometime and will not know the model year until I get the official paperwork I guess.

I spoke with my DA on Monday. He said the official timing of the Cosmos Silver was still 3rd quarter but he expected an official update soon. It seemed obvious he knew it was moving to the 4th quarter but could not say that until the official delay announcement was out. I had switched from the 20” wheels to the 21s to avoid the wheels holding up delivery. Will switch back to 20s and take delivery whenever it happens. I did ask about model year assignments, I had hoped to get a car from the first production year. He said he didn’t know when model years were changing. He also said he didn’t know if the DE’s were 2021 or 2022. So, I will be getting a car sometime and will not know the model year until I get the official paperwork I guess.
The DEs delivered are considered 2022s just as a FYI

I noticed this "used" Grand Touring on the lot at a dealership in Dallas. It has 811 miles on it. Someone must not have liked it to sell it so quickly or trying to make a quick buck.

IMG_7452.jpeg
IMG_7451.jpeg

There have been over 30 Airs for sale on EBay, Bring A Trailer, etc. for months.

Not a good look for Lucid. I doubt people are making a buck selling them to a dealer so they hated the car that much they were desperate to get rid of it.

I suspect it’s software issues that would drive owners to sell the car so quickly as based on what I’m reading here the bugs impact daily functionality. I’m sure some people have a low tolerance for that. I noticed Jon Rettinger is selling his and keeping his Rivian. I will admit I have cooled slightly on the Air considering the issues mentioned here.

I disagree ... Folks buy & sell cars for the finickiest of reasons. Even now, I see many a brand new 2022 Tesla on sale for over the asking price, just to flip. Tesla sw is dfntly better than Lucid; but by no yardstick is a fully 100% level 3 car, even after 3+ years and repeated promises by Musk.

IMO, I think majority of folks who are selling are 'done' with the novelty of a brand new car & they need a new one; flippers hoping to make a quick buck; and finally, yes, dissatisfaction. The last set, assumed they were getting a well mature car with close to L3 and none of the Tesla issues, but deeply disappointed to see they are 'beta testers' for a new product line. (Yes, Lucid, imo is a new car company and we are beta testers of sorts.)

Last but not least, Jon sold/is selling his car due to family reasons. I did not see him state, at no point in time, it was because he did not see any future (short or long) in the car. Au contraire, he signed off by saying the opposite.

I noticed this "used" Grand Touring on the lot at a dealership in Dallas. It has 811 miles on it. Someone must not have liked it to sell it so quickly or trying to make a quick buck.

View attachment 3463View attachment 3464
Is Dallas show room at Legacy Center? I went there couple months ago couldn’t find the show room.

There is also a class of people buying on impulse, then job situation change or fear uncertainty of recession and just want to take certainty of all-time high used car market value.

Is Dallas show room at Legacy Center? I went there couple months ago couldn’t find the show room.

It’s supposed to be in Legacy West. It was scheduled for Q2 and now has been pushed to Q3 but I have seen no photos of any build out so I’m curious if they have even started.

Last but not least, Jon sold/is selling his car due to family reasons. I did not see him state, at no point in time, it was because he did not see any future (short or long) in the car. Au contraire, he signed off by saying the opposite.

I didn’t mean to imply he didn’t like it and I saw in his TikToc that he stated he was selling it because the Rivian was a better fit for his family. However in his most recent 6 month review video he states at 9m24s that there had already been another update (1.2.6) that addressed his issues with Nav and that he would be producing more videos as more updates come out for CarPlay etc and then a week later he was selling the car. I thought that was odd as reviews are part of his influencer model.

I didn’t mean to imply he didn’t like it and I saw in his TikToc that he stated he was selling it because the Rivian was a better fit for his family. However in his most recent 6 month review video he states at 9m24s that there had already been another update (1.2.6) that addressed his issues with Nav and that he would be producing more videos as more updates come out for CarPlay etc and then a week later he was selling the car. I thought that was odd as reviews are part of his influencer model.
These things are making me more and more nervous . I cancelled a Rivian order to go with the Lucid. Perhaps this is sample bias, but it certainly seems as if Lucid is having significantly more problems than Rivian.
I hope I made the correct decision , but I am really getting quite concerned. I have not had a test drive and I know those who have are blown away, which gives me hope.

These things are making me more and more nervous . I cancelled a Rivian order to go with the Lucid. Perhaps this is sample bias, but it certainly seems as if Lucid is having significantly more problems than Rivian.
I hope I made the correct decision , but I am really getting quite concerned. I have not had a test drive and I know those who have are blown away, which gives me hope.
If you follow the Rivian boards they are essentially having relatively the same issues. Bunch of software problems, some fit and finish stuff, and one major issue. Pretty much on par with Lucid.

If you follow the Rivian boards they are essentially having relatively the same issues. Bunch of software problems, some fit and finish stuff, and one major issue. Pretty much on par with Lucid.
I haven’t followed them closely , but that is good to know. Not that I want Rivian to have issues, but at least that information emphasizes how difficult it is for new auto companies to be near flawless.
I will forge ahead , as I expect to hear from Lucid quite soon about delivery.🤞🤞🤞

I also was getting very concerned reading this forum and almost considered canceling my order. I am glad I did not. The car is fantastic. Minor software glitches but not dissimilar to any of my prior Porsches, Audis, etc. Forums/reviews often focus on all the bad stuff. Take it with a grain of salt. JMO.

Back