Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

I am new to this forum , let me know how to add my reservation, thanks in advance
AGT , Stellar white , 19” aero , Mojave , order confirmed May 3rd 2022 and waiting for VIN assignment

Grey with Tahoe interior, Confirmed reservation on March 15th 2022. No VIN assignment yet.
I contacted my SA last week and asked to see if he can change my order from quantum grey to zenith red. Just received the confirmation that the update has gone through. I'm told that's not gonna affect my delivery time line. But who knows, when I confirmed my order in mid March, I was told delivery in 3-5 months. From what I see in this forum, that's not very likely at all(?!)

moderators, could you please update my order details in the first page. Thanks

for those in LA, sales tax on the car was 9.5% right? and what were the miscellaenous fees (registration, document, destination, etc)? as much miscellaneous fees insight would be greatly appreciated! running some numbers and trying to see if i should just yolo it and order the GT today.

Do you have a cousin who lives down in SD County? Our sales tax is a little less punitve - 7.75%.

Seriously I added 10% in tax and registration and fees to come up with my number, and came up pretty close to what was on the loan paperwork I signed. For you, I‘d go with 12% to 13%.

Do you have a cousin who lives down in SD County? Our sales tax is a little less punitve - 7.75%.

Seriously I added 10% in tax and registration and fees to come up with my number, and came up pretty close to what was on the loan paperwork I signed. For you, I‘d go with 12% to 13%.
yah, sounds about right. i spent the last hour reading dmv fees LOL and my numbers came out similar to their calculator. using the GT new price as baseline, fees, tax, and registration came out to about $17.3k, which is about 11.2% of purchase price. so yah, i think i'll use 12% like you suggested to be conservative. too bad i'd already decided to most likely just go for touring at its old price.

Thanks. I would also add to check the EA 3-year start date. Some people reported here that this had been set to before the actual delivery date
I paid for and picked up my GT today June 30th. They started my EA May 3rd. Who fixes this Customer Service?

I paid for and picked up my GT today June 30th. They started my EA May 3rd. Who fixes this Customer Service?
Call Customer Care at 1-888-995-8243. They took care the same issue with me yesterday.

Gotta give a shout out to @Coltonw011 for meeting up to show me his sweet White GT / Santa Cruz in Sonoma County yesterday. The matte PPL he added is distinctive, and the Santa Cruz interior is a very clean look - confirmed my choice for that interior. Probably one of the younger guys on the forum, with his looks and that car he's gotta be getting all the attention he needs! You know the quote: with great power...lol

So if my count is right this forum saw a total of 7 VINs in June, lets all hope the monsoon season of July rains VINs (and not hail on all those beautiful cars outside). 😁 Many thanks to all who provide such great information and the mods who keep the tracker updated.

this email came through today, for those of us not as lucky as @Sandvinsd .

I am reaching out to provide you with an update on the status of your vehicle per my original email from June 14th.

In my email, I stated the team was targeting completion of all cars currently in the quality process by the end of June. The team has made excellent progress in June and has completed the majority of the reviews. Unfortunately, there are still some cars that have not yet completed the heightened review process.

I write to share that your car has not yet completed the review process. This is not necessarily an indication that your car has any excessive concerns. It simply means the team took more time than expected to review each car, and they couldn’t complete the reviews at the rate that was planned.

The team working through the reviews is aware that you are waiting for your car, and they are working tirelessly to complete the effort. At the same time, Lucid’s commitment to deliver a high-quality finished product has meant that the team must take a bit more time to ensure that you will be happy with your car during many years of ownership.

Thank you for your support. I appreciated the replies received from my prior email. Although they aren’t going directly to my inbox, I do read them and action them as necessary.

Best regards,
Zak Edson
VP Sales & Service

I am reaching out to provide you with an update on the status of your vehicle per my original email from June 14th.

In my email, I stated the team was targeting completion of all cars currently in the quality process by the end of June. The team has made excellent progress in June and has completed the majority of the reviews. Unfortunately, there are still some cars that have not yet completed the heightened review process.

I write to share that your car has not yet completed the review process. This is not necessarily an indication that your car has any excessive concerns. It simply means the team took more time than expected to review each car, and they couldn’t complete the reviews at the rate that was planned.

The team working through the reviews is aware that you are waiting for your car, and they are working tirelessly to complete the effort. At the same time, Lucid’s commitment to deliver a high-quality finished product has meant that the team must take a bit more time to ensure that you will be happy with your car during many years of ownership.

Thank you for your support. I appreciated the replies received from my prior email. Although they aren’t going directly to my inbox, I do read them and action them as necessary.

Best regards,
Zak Edson
VP Sales & Service
Strange I did not receive this email. I did receive the June 14th email and my DA has not said anything. When did you get this email?

Gotta give a shout out to @Coltonw011 for meeting up to show me his sweet White GT / Santa Cruz in Sonoma County yesterday. The matte PPL he added is distinctive, and the Santa Cruz interior is a very clean look - confirmed my choice for that interior. Probably one of the younger guys on the forum, with his looks and that car he's gotta be getting all the attention he needs! You know the quote: with great power...lol
Great meeting you yesterday! Glad we could firm up your choice on the Santa Cruz! Look forward to seeing your QG in the neighborhood, hopefully sooner rather than later!

Best regards,
Zak Edson
VP Sales & Service
Bummer. But just to let you know, since they are doing all the PDI at the factory, by the time it gets to the delivery center, the inspection only took a couple of hours, rather than the typical week or two.

Although they aren’t going directly to my inbox, I do read them and action them as necessary.

Best regards,
Zak Edson
VP Sales & Service

“Action them as necessary”. It must be a uniquely American trait to turn nouns into verbs, and for the rest of the world to follow suit.

Ergo “action”, “access”, ”effort”, ”source”…

so i got an invite to pay email. no contacts from my DA yet so i suppose it's not quite ready yet. any idea the time between invite to pay and vehicle is ready for pickup? I don't want to pay now and wait another 2-3 weeks to pickup.

so i got an invite to pay email. no contacts from my DA yet so i suppose it's not quite ready yet. any idea the time between invite to pay and vehicle is ready for pickup? I don't want to pay now and wait another 2-3 weeks to pickup.
You don't need to pay until you arrange a delivery date. I learned this the hard way. Paid the day I received my VIN at the urging of my DA and then waited from April 12th until June 30th when I finally took delivery. I could have just wired the money on the day of delivery.

You don't need to pay until you arrange a delivery date. I learned this the hard way. Paid the day I received my VIN at the urging of my DA and then waited from April 12th until June 30th when I finally took delivery. I could have just wired the money on the day of delivery.
ok that's what i was worried about. since my DA is not responding, i presume it's not ready for pickup. so i'll wait. thanks

I’m waiting for my car too, and I don’t expect to get mine until at least late September or even October.

Based on what I’ve been reading, ignore that email. At the very least wait for contact from your DA. I read in a thread not too long ago that some customers, at their DA’s urging, had paid so prematurely that they started making monthly auto loan payments on a car that they had not even received yet.

Be very hesitant to pay. Do all you can to make sure that the car is for certain, ready to be picked up, or on a truck about to transported to you.

Ask for pictures. As post-millenials these days would say, “pic, or it didn’t happen”.

ok that's what i was worried about. since my DA is not responding, i presume it's not ready for pickup. so i'll wait. thanks
Here is a post that should help others:

Had delivery of my QG AGT at Short Hills today. Car looks fantastic. I had the aero rims taken out of the 19 inch wheels and silver center cap placed as was previously described by another owner. Car drives fantastic. Very smooth process of delivery and Alex was fantastic. Looking forward to testing this beauty out. Due to all the delays with scheduling delivery, can’t get PPF and ceramic until 7/11. Though about leaving the car garaged til then but after driving for a short period of time, there is no way I’ll be able to garage her til then. 😎

“Action them as necessary”. It must be a uniquely American trait to turn nouns into verbs, and for the rest of the world to follow suit.
It started in the 1990's. Nobody knows why. Along with "socializing" something to mean "discussing" it.

Back