Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

the pics look worse than they are. The window trim was able to be pushed down to be flush. The ceiling can be pushed up. I am guessing it was just poor adhesive. Time will tell.

Delivered 9/27/22 as planned and no issues with the car. Home delivery went really well.
The "Delivery Host" who went through everything was really excellent as well.

Got delivered late in the day so not much driving time but LOVED it so far. Note that it came with SW rev 1.2.185.

View attachment 5004
Congratulations and enjoy it in the best of health

the pics look worse than they are. The window trim was able to be pushed down to be flush. The ceiling can be pushed up. I am guessing it was just poor adhesive. Time will tell.
Glad they are easy fixes.

Got a call today. Silver AGT has left the factory and headed to FL. OOOPS. DA said probably will stop somewhere before pressing on to FL. Told him to take his time since I live under the M marking the spot where Ian is coming ashore on the National Hurricane Center site.

Reserved: 10/12/21
Confirmed: 3/9/22
Vin assigned: 9/24/22
Delivery: After I rebuild my garage

Got a call today. Silver AGT has left the factory and headed to FL. OOOPS. DA said probably will stop somewhere before pressing on to FL. Told him to take his time since I live under the M marking the spot where Ian is coming ashore on the National Hurricane Center site.

Reserved: 10/12/21
Confirmed: 3/9/22
Vin assigned: 9/24/22
Delivery: After I rebuild my garage
Shit, good luck!!

This may be the wrong place for this, but do you find the rear window distorted at the top? And is it only one charger or do both holders charge?

This may be the wrong place for this, but do you find the rear window distorted at the top? And is it only one charger or do both holders charge?
Yes, it is distorted. Only one phone holder charges.

Just came home after my son got delivery of his GT for he had confirmed the order in mid June. Excellent service at Milbrae, CA studio.
After we come home I did a short drive at 40 mph and freeway 65 mph and the handling was very impressive. Only 2 observations.
1. I would rather have the car be silent instead of hearing the artificial regen sound if possible.
2. I am glad that I ordered Pure AWD without the option of glass roof because the sun did bother me even on a relatively cool 75 to 80
day today. I instinctively looked up to close it as I was doing in my other cars.

Just came home after my son got delivery of his GT for he had confirmed the order in mid June. Excellent service at Milbrae, CA studio.
After we come home I did a short drive at 40 mph and freeway 65 mph and the handling was very impressive. Only 2 observations.
1. I would rather have the car be silent instead of hearing the artificial regen sound if possible.
2. I am glad that I ordered Pure AWD without the option of glass roof because the sun did bother me even on a relatively cool 75 to 80
day today. I instinctively looked up to close it as I was doing in my other cars.
I find the sound odd too but it’s my first EV. I love regen braking. I thought I’d hate it. I’ve put over 200 miles on it in two days. I can’t get enough.

Harik, I enjoyed our lunch together today. I don't believe the regen sound is artificial; it is the motor whine some have mentioned. I kind of like it to be honest and you can always drown it out with the surreal sound.

As far as I know, that sound is not artificial.
I love the glass roof and have not had any trouble with the sun or heat bothering me. That said, my other EV also has a glass roof so maybe I'm just used to it.

As far as I know, that sound is not artificial.
I love the glass roof and have not had any trouble with the sun or heat bothering me. That said, my other EV also has a glass roof so maybe I'm just used to it.
I am hyper sensitive to the sun and UV. I learned that the hard way after a day trip to Tahoe on a cloudy 50 day burnt my skin a lot.
I did observe that the glass was a bit warm to the touch but AC worked like a charm.

Harik, I enjoyed our lunch together today. I don't believe the regen sound is artificial; it is the motor whine some have mentioned. I kind of like it to be honest and you can always drown it out with the surreal sound.
Yes. Thanks for the lunch and the company and the support all of you gave Harsha. I will for sure use some white noise or music to drown out the motor noise :)

Attachments

• 20220928_121425.jpg
    20220928_121425.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 116
Very nice to meet you, Harsha, and your wife today! As others have mentioned, that sound is the actual sound of the motors spinning up and down; there is no artificial sound in the Lucid. Once you've got some music playing, it disappears almost entirely, in my experience.

As for the sun - were you sitting in the passenger seat or the rear? I've noticed the rear has zero issues because of how well tinted it is, but the new windshields offer less heat rejection than the original ones (but actually let you use a Fastrak, etc.). I will, at some point, get mine tinted as a result.

But I also drive with polarized sunglasses usually, so it doesn't bother me very much.

Very nice to meet you, Harsha, and your wife today! As others have mentioned, that sound is the actual sound of the motors spinning up and down; there is no artificial sound in the Lucid. Once you've got some music playing, it disappears almost entirely, in my experience.

As for the sun - were you sitting in the passenger seat or the rear? I've noticed the rear has zero issues because of how well tinted it is, but the new windshields offer less heat rejection than the original ones (but actually let you use a Fastrak, etc.). I will, at some point, get mine tinted as a result.

But I also drive with polarized sunglasses usually, so it doesn't bother me very much.
I have also noticed, if you were referring to the sun being hot on your head, moving the seat down so you create a couple inches of buffer above your head makes a huge difference. I’m 5’11” (ok, 5’10”) and dropping the seat height helps. Also, turning on the “defroster” vent with the air conditioning instead of just the dashboard vents aims air up and over and keeps it much cooler in the higher part of the car.

I have also noticed, if you were referring to the sun being hot on your head, moving the seat down so you create a couple inches of buffer above your head makes a huge difference. I’m 5’11” (ok, 5’10”) and dropping the seat height helps. Also, turning on the “defroster” vent with the air conditioning instead of just the dashboard vents aims air up and over and keeps it much cooler in the higher part of the car.
Yes. both are good ideas. Moving the seat down works for the passenger side. I was sitting in the front passenger seat. I felt that I needed a hat! I like the idea of AC vent in defroster mode when driving because I like to sit as high up as possible if an SUV is in front of me and I am 5' 8"". Usually defroster setting makes a bit more noise and could act like white noise to drown out the motor whine.

Back