Only in NYC! 😏

imran

Cars
Lucid air GT
Drove to NYC this weekend from Boston and a random guy in the upper west side saw my car and had this exchange:

Random guy: what car is that ?
Me: Lucid
RG: ohhhh!!!
Me: you seem surprised ?
RG: I’ve traded the stock and analyzed the fundamentals but never seen the actual car!
🤦🏽‍♂️

I had a lift installed in my garage about a month ago. The kid doing the install was in his early 20s. He saw the charging cable and asked if I had an electric car. I mentioned that I have a deposit down on a Lucid. "Oh I trade that stock! I bought it in the teens, sold it at 50 and then bought back in at $40. I've lost a lot of money on it..."

Remember during the tech bubble when everyone was trading stocks? I guess the same thing happened during the pandemic because people were flush with cash and had nowhere to go. Now they are all getting blown up.

My Grandfather co-bought with me, since I was a minor, my first 20 shares of stock when I was 12 years old. I used paper route money to buy my half. He also took me to a downtown exchange to explain how it all works. 54 years later I own a portfolio of 136 stocks that all pay dividends and have never sold any even during the 2008 debacle. I guess one might say I’m in for the long run. None of my stocks are whiz kid stock of the month offerings. Just stable companies that have held their own during good times and bad. Maybe boring but I am a happy camper and thank my lucky stars Grandpa allowed me to start investing at such a early age.

My Grandfather co-bought with me, since I was a minor, my first 20 shares of stock when I was 12 years old. I used paper route money to buy my half. He also took me to a downtown exchange to explain how it all works. 54 years later I own a portfolio of 136 stocks that all pay dividends and have never sold any even during the 2008 debacle. I guess one might say I’m in for the long run. None of my stocks are whiz kid stock of the month offerings. Just stable companies that have held their own during good times and bad. Maybe boring but I am a happy camper and thank my lucky stars Grandpa allowed me to start investing at such a early age.
This is the way. I'm 39 but that's how I've invested since I was able to, been working out so far! Give it enough time and just retire off dividends :cool:

Back