On my way to pick up my GT

Hcuellar77

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Hello from Louisiana, I’m on my way to the Houston dealership to pick up my Zenith Red GT. Very excited to drive it back home, hope the range lives ip to the expectations as there are no charging stations in between, lol.

Hello from Louisiana, I’m on my way to the Houston dealership to pick up my Zenith Red GT. Very excited to drive it back home, hope the range lives ip to the expectations as there are no charging stations in between, lol.
The Houston service center is first rate. You will enjoy the experience.

Download the Electrify America and PlugShare apps. There are dozens of charging stations in Louisiana. Granted the fast ones are along I-10 but many others everywhere. Be sure the center activates your Electrify America account before you leave.

Attachments

• 51EDE670-EE3E-4B54-8EDD-7ADDD7D0A9E8.jpeg
    51EDE670-EE3E-4B54-8EDD-7ADDD7D0A9E8.jpeg
    475.2 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Good luck! 👍

Congratulations, when did you confirm your order? And what interior did you choose?

Well I made it home on a single charge. Great looking car and great experience at the dealership. I chose the Tahoe interior and the 21” wheels. A little disappointed with the range readings, I used cruise control most of the way, tried to avoid constant braking and accelerating, I did test the acceleration just 2-3 times, the reading was 230mi since last charge and only 95mi left when I got home.
So it seems a comfortable range would be around 300mi nowhere near the 520mi promised.
I’m new to EV so maybe there is some other battery saving things I could have done.

The car itself is beautiful, I don’t particularly like the textile in the interior, for the price they should have done all leather or carbon fiber. The textile parts feel cheap.

Windows don’t roll up automatically when you lock it, seems like a simple thing, or if they do the rep couldn’t figure it out. Hope they fix this in the near future.

Very comfortable seats and plenty of room. Software is in its infancy so I hope they catch up to Tesla soon, plenty of room for improvement there, very basic functions as of now.

Looking forward to test it some more. Taking it to ceramic coating on Monday. Still undecided on window tinting.

Download the Electrify America and PlugShare apps. There are dozens of charging stations in Louisiana. Granted the fast ones are along I-10 but many others everywhere. Be sure the center activates your Electrify America account before you leave.
I actually went thru there, nothing but fields lol, but made it.
83AEB6D1-24B7-4421-BE69-7EAB2019195F.jpeg

Well I made it home on a single charge. Great looking car and great experience at the dealership. I chose the Tahoe interior and the 21” wheels. A little disappointed with the range readings, I used cruise control most of the way, tried to avoid constant braking and accelerating, I did test the acceleration just 2-3 times, the reading was 230mi since last charge and only 95mi left when I got home.
So it seems a comfortable range would be around 300mi nowhere near the 520mi promised.
I’m new to EV so maybe there is some other battery saving things I could have done.

The car itself is beautiful, I don’t particularly like the textile in the interior, for the price they should have done all leather or carbon fiber. The textile parts feel cheap.

Windows don’t roll up automatically when you lock it, seems like a simple thing, or if they do the rep couldn’t figure it out. Hope they fix this in the near future.

Very comfortable seats and plenty of room. Software is in its infancy so I hope they catch up to Tesla soon, plenty of room for improvement there, very basic functions as of now.

Looking forward to test it some more. Taking it to ceramic coating on Monday. Still undecided on window tinting.
I would actually HATE it if the windows rolled up automatically everytime the car locked. I might be in the minority but an option would be nice, but as a default, no thank you.

Design choice of the textile is different, but I like the different materials and would hate the carbon fiber look. Carbon fiber is so 2010s =P

I would actually HATE it if the windows rolled up automatically everytime the car locked. I might be in the minority but an option would be nice, but as a default, no thank you.

Design choice of the textile is different, but I like the different materials and would hate the carbon fiber look. Carbon fiber is so 2010s =P
Same. I sometimes like leaving them slightly rolled down so it doesn't get sweltering.

Leaving the window cracked a bit in AZ is great until those summer time haboobs coming rolling through.
And I just learned something new. Never heard that term before. Also, yikes. Those cannot be fun.

It wasn't quite summer yet! Also, all the people in AZ and FL were saying, we will see in a few months

Hey, I'm in Phoenix with my new Grand Touring Zenith Red... Are you doing anything about the glass roof. It is hot !!!!!!!!!!!! and it's going to get hotter.
How hot would you say your car gets? Maybe the heat protection wasn’t applied properly?

Hey, I'm in Phoenix with my new Grand Touring Zenith Red... Are you doing anything about the glass roof. It is hot !!!!!!!!!!!! and it's going to get hotter.
Welcome...I think a few folks have applied tint to the windshield all the way up. From what I understand, you would not want to apply to the rear roof glass. Having said all that, I've had the car for 4 weeks and have been in heat around 100 while driving to LA. The heat (with appropriate AC in the car) has not bothered me yet. I've only left it in sun for a while a couple times, so I'm sure the car would be very hot getting in. But having the ability to start the AC ahead of time should make that better.

Yes, if you put your hand to the glass it will be warm, but for me, that's about it so far. Again, summer could be a different story. I'm taking the care in this weekend to have PPF and ceramic coating done. I'm also getting the side and rear glass tinted, but not the windshield.

I’m in Texas, as soon as I got my DE the PPF guy applied clear heat rejection film to the interior surface of the windshield. He did the entire front windshield with the only seam occurring between the outer most visor mount and the side. He also applied it to the backseat roof glass panel. Completely invisible.

I’m in Texas, as soon as I got my DE the PPF guy applied clear heat rejection film to the interior surface of the windshield. He did the entire front windshield with the only seam occurring between the outer most visor mount and the side. He also applied it to the backseat roof glass panel. Completely invisible.
Interesting, because my guy did it without seams, but he removed the visors to do it

Back