Official Vehicle Label

Daniel2022AT

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
Every vehicle sold in the US is required to have an official label which declares equipment, price, and official EPA information. I just noticed the label was stuck in the lower compartment of the trunk.

My label for my new 2023 Lucid Air Touring states an EPA efficiency of 24KWH/100mi and a range of 425 miles.

Dividing those numbers equates to a battery capacity of 102KWH. We know the Touring battery is 92KWH.

What is wrong with the math on the official label?

I am getting 4.2m/KWH if I drive carefully and 3.5 if I drive normally. Ambient temps have been mid-40’s. Tires are 19’s at 49 psi.

Every vehicle sold in the US is required to have an official label which declares equipment, price, and official EPA information. I just noticed the label was stuck in the lower compartment of the trunk.

My label for my new 2023 Lucid Air Touring states an EPA efficiency of 24KWH/100mi and a range of 425 miles.

Dividing those numbers equates to a battery capacity of 102KWH. We know the Touring battery is 92KWH.

What is wrong with the math on the official label?

I am getting 4.2m/KWH if I drive carefully and 3.5 if I drive normally. Ambient temps have been mid-40’s. Tires are 19’s at 49 psi.
The EPA numbers include level 2 charging losses. Hence, there is difference in efficiency while driving versus EPA's overall efficiency.

Back