No audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ampere

Verified Owner
Cars
Honda Accord Hybrid
Since buying my Lucid Air Touring, on an irregular basis, that car totally loses audio. While I can live without entertainment, silent turn signals are a quasi-safety hazard. Sometimes I lose audio once a month, other times twice a week. Letting the car do a simple reset (that is, walking away and returning five minutes later) usually solves the problem. I have reported this to customer service more than once. The friendly, helpful techs suggested a variety of resets, some of them undocumented for the user, without success. Finally, customer service informed me I was not alone, but it had no solution for the problem. This strikes me as a significant issue that should receive priority remediation. Obviously, whatever the problem, it's a core software issue and not something within the scope of customer service. I know we all cut Lucid a lot of slack for being a young company with a lot of advanced technology. I probably should not complain, since otherwise the car has performed more-or-less as promised (although my partner's profile keeps disappearing). However, when someone invests $110,000 is a vehicle, the turn signals should be audible, not to mention other audio applications.

Is this happening after L2 charging or other random times? Logo reset is normally the quickest way to get audio back.

Yes, this occurs after L2 charging and yes a Logo reset (the same as leaving the car for a few minutes) usually works. I informed customer service of this.

Since buying my Lucid Air Touring, on an irregular basis, that car totally loses audio. While I can live without entertainment, silent turn signals are a quasi-safety hazard. Sometimes I lose audio once a month, other times twice a week. Letting the car do a simple reset (that is, walking away and returning five minutes later) usually solves the problem. I have reported this to customer service more than once. The friendly, helpful techs suggested a variety of resets, some of them undocumented for the user, without success. Finally, customer service informed me I was not alone, but it had no solution for the problem. This strikes me as a significant issue that should receive priority remediation. Obviously, whatever the problem, it's a core software issue and not something within the scope of customer service. I know we all cut Lucid a lot of slack for being a young company with a lot of advanced technology. I probably should not complain, since otherwise the car has performed more-or-less as promised (although my partner's profile keeps disappearing). However, when someone invests $110,000 is a vehicle, the turn signals should be audible, not to mention other audio applications.
The same thing has been happening to me, more frequently after the last update a while back, and the Natick Service Center is trying to pinpoint that to troubleshoot while replacing my HV battery. I believe it only happens (that I can remember) when I first get in the car, and since I charge almost every night, it is typically after L2 charging. I tried to pinpoint one or two mornings when it happened for them. If it continues, I'm going to keep a log of dates/times and any other circumstances prior to it happening to see if they can review any data from the car after the fact. The blinker/walk-away reset typically works, but the "Air Logo" reset doesn't always take.

This is the only issue I've had with my car. I found switching between audio source (CarPlay to Bluetooth to radio) sometimes brings it back on. However, I've had to use the full reset a couple of times.

Of all the bugs currently, this is the most annoying one for me. It's so irregular, that I can't pinpoint when or why it happens. This is why I sit in my car before I drive for the cameras to boot up and my audio to come on. Once I can hear my music and I see the 360 cameras come on, I know the car is good to go.

One thing I did notice is that if I get the no remote connection message on the screen at start, the audio kicks in later or goes to no audio. I had BH service center capture this on video and documented, but similarly they couldn't diagnose/fix it or repeat it for the time they had the car (5 days) as it happens irregularly.

I have had the same experience. It seems that it happens to me when I approach the car in the morning and it is still connected to the charger. If I unplug and then lock the car, it will be fine. However, I have had it happen where I get in the car, and although it says that it is connected to my phone, no sound comes out, no turn signal sound, no warning sounds. The only thing that works at that point is to stop, get out of the car, lock it and walk away for a minute or two. Not the best solution.

I have had the same experience. It seems that it happens to me when I approach the car in the morning and it is still connected to the charger. If I unplug and then lock the car, it will be fine. However, I have had it happen where I get in the car, and although it says that it is connected to my phone, no sound comes out, no turn signal sound, no warning sounds. The only thing that works at that point is to stop, get out of the car, lock it and walk away for a minute or two. Not the best solution.
The Air logo reset is likely faster than waiting for a lock reset. And perfectly safe.

I have seen this issue in the past, but not in a very long time. My theory is that is has to do with the startup sequence, which is a very complex set of different computers waking up in just the right order. All it takes is one computer to be a little slow on the wake up to cause issues like this. And it's a particularly pesky thing to track down and fix, because it's so random.

People seem to report it far less often than they used to. But clearly they haven't fixed it entirely yet.

One think to keep in mind (which I was VERY disappointed about). If you're using SiriusXM, you MUST be in range of the cell network. Lucid happily tells you about SiriusXM in your new $100XXk car, but it has NO satellite receiver. This is frustrating for me since I have no cell service where I live, so I have NOTHING for audio in the car other than a AM/FM radio. I travel constantly for work and rent cars all over the country. Every two-bit rental car has SiriusXM in it but my new $150,000 car does not. Yea, when I test drove a car it worked fine... yet when I get within ten miles of my house the car goes silent. These receivers are dirt-cheap to install yet they didn't... major omission. If your car (or anyone's) is losing audio, you may be away from good cell service.

One think to keep in mind (which I was VERY disappointed about). If you're using SiriusXM, you MUST be in range of the cell network. Lucid happily tells you about SiriusXM in your new $100XXk car, but it has NO satellite receiver. This is frustrating for me since I have no cell service where I live, so I have NOTHING for audio in the car other than a AM/FM radio. I travel constantly for work and rent cars all over the country. Every two-bit rental car has SiriusXM in it but my new $150,000 car does not. Yea, when I test drove a car it worked fine... yet when I get within ten miles of my house the car goes silent. These receivers are dirt-cheap to install yet they didn't... major omission. If your car (or anyone's) is losing audio, you may be away from good cell service.
I would have never expected we reach the point where somebody literally knows about the subject yet refuses to understand. First of all, we all know that Lucid siriusXM is over cellular. This has been documented elsewhere in the forum, and by Lucid itself. When you say “Lucid happily tells you about SXM, but it has no satellite reciever,” you are making it seem like Lucid lied to you. Tell me this, did anybody from your studio say the Lucid has SXM? Thats what I would have thought, NO. If you know that outside of cellular the SXM doesn’t work, then why do you complain?

You complain about the price of your “150k” car(which it no longer is) and how it has no SXM, but you did not understand it before purchasing.

Since we are SO into comparing the price of our car with its features, tell me this, did you make sure that the lucid had satellite SXM before dropping “150k” on it? Surely, seeing how expensive the car is, you did a much more in depth research compared to a “cheaper” car… right? Seeing as to how expensive it is, and how expensive things need to have the features of lower models and more prestige, you could have applied that same thinking to researching the car…

This past afternoon I was doing some research into a Bugatti chiron. It is common knowledge that the car which costs in excess of 10 times the lucid has no screen and only dials in the center. From that moment on, I just knew that I would not be getting that car when I grow up and become an investment banker. For gods sake, a car that costs 10x less has a 54 inch 5k glass cockpit! This is unacceptable to me!

Guess what? Thats not how it works. More expensive cars dont have to have every feature that lower priced cars have. In addition, comparing the price to the feature adds nothing to the conversation and is not productive. In some ways though, cars are better because they cost more, such as about all of the Lucid’s engineering. How does that compare to your “two-bit rental cars?” What about the interior space? The speed? This is why on this forum, we discourage people from comparing the cost of the car with features, as it adds nothing. In addition, you broke the guidelines which I suggest you read.

If you need to say that the Air is lacking what you want, then say it with a nice tone and DO NOT bring the price up. For example, “My old Toyota Corolla had adaptive cruise + lane centering, which I do miss on the Lucid. I hope that for future iterations, the team can continue to improve and bring this to base DD!”

Not stuff like “my 150k car this” or “is lucid going bankrupt?” or random, weird tones like that. On this forum, we try to maintain a neighborly tone. Imagine if you were talking to the person in person and not online. How would you act then? Try mimicking that in your typing.

Last edited:
Wonder why they didn't add that.

I would have never expected we reach the point where somebody literally knows about the subject yet refuses to understand. First of all, we all know that Lucid siriusXM is over cellular. This has been documented elsewhere in the forum, and by Lucid itself. When you say “Lucid happily tells you about SXM, but it has no satellite reciever,” you are making it seem like Lucid lied to you. Tell me this, did anybody from your studio say the Lucid has SXM? Thats what I would have thought, NO. If you know that outside of cellular the SXM doesn’t work, then why do you complain?

You complain about the price of your “150k” car(which it no longer is) and how it has no SXM, but you did not understand it before purchasing.

Since we are SO into comparing the price of our car with its features, tell me this, did you make sure that the lucid had satellite SXM before dropping “150k” on it? Surely, seeing how expensive the car is, you did a much more in depth research compared to a “cheaper” car… right? Seeing as to how expensive it is, and how expensive things need to have the features of lower models and more prestige, you could have applied that same thinking to researching the car…

This past afternoon I was doing some research into a Bugatti chiron. It is common knowledge that the car which costs in excess of 10 times the lucid has no screen and only dials in the center. From that moment on, I just knew that I would not be getting that car when I grow up and become an investment banker. For gods sake, a car that costs 10x less has a 54 inch 5k glass cockpit! This is unacceptable to me!

Guess what? Thats not how it works. More expensive cars dont have to have every feature that lower priced cars have. In addition, comparing the price to the feature adds nothing to the conversation and is not productive. In some ways though, cars are better because they cost more, such as about all of the Lucid’s engineering. How does that compare to your “two-bit rental cars?” What about the interior space? The speed? This is why on this forum, we discourage people from comparing the cost of the car with features, as it adds nothing. In addition, you broke the guidelines which I suggest you read.

If you need to say that the Air is lacking what you want, then say it with a nice tone and DO NOT bring the price up. For example, “My old Toyota Corolla had adaptive cruise + lane centering, which I do miss on the Lucid. I hope that for future iterations, the team can continue to improve and bring this to base DD!”

Not stuff like “my 150k car this” or “is lucid going bankrupt?” or random, weird tones like that. On this forum, we try to maintain a neighborly tone. Imagine if you were talking to the person in person and not online. How would you act then? Try mimicking that in your typing.
Disagree, you would expect Satellite radio if Lucid advertises Sirius XM. That is what most people would expect at this cost point. I was dissapointed as well and realized after buying the car. Why would anyone research that?

Disagree, you would expect Satellite radio if Lucid advertises Sirius XM. That is what most people would expect at this cost point. I was dissapointed as well and realized after buying the car. Why would anyone research that?
Blame SiriusXM for having streaming on their platform then. Just because you assume SiriusXM is satellite doesn't mean it is...

No, you'd expect Sirius XM. Which it has. Via streaming.

Similarly, lots of providers can set you up with internet. How it gets there (fiber, dsl, cable) differs, and without caring and looking it up, you would never know. Both Fiber and Cable can provide Gigabit speeds - but only one is symmetric. Of course, both Comcast and AT&T only advertise that they have Gigabit speeds, and Comcast doesn't advertise its 35MBit upload. But if you care, you can find that out.

More importantly, cable connections come under load and congestion and slow down when there is significant traffic. Fiber doesn’t.

But very few people know that, and even fewer know that there is a difference between coax and fiber at all.

Either way, you're still buying gigabit internet.

Last edited:
One workaround for the no sound issue is to immediately pull out the charger when the door unlocks (charger port status light should still be white). It seems keeping the charger in there when the car boots up makes the bug more likely to occur.

One advantage of streaming SXM that’s never talked about, is that you don’t lose the signal when traveling under overpasses or other satellite blocking areas. You also get some channels not available on satellite provided XM.

I had a friend in the car the other day and he commented how I wasn’t losing the signal while his Jeep Rubicon would in the same areas. So there’s that.

As Borski said, you can advertise one configuration and that doesn’t have to be the one you get. For example, if you said "Lucid air, 520 miles of range" then it would be true but you can also get 410 mile range cars. They also never talked about satellite radio specifically, and it would be unfair to assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back