NHTSA Recall Number NCR-22-02-0

It is imprinted on a plate on the car.

Open the front door. You will see a metal plate on the outer wheel well. On the top line it tell you date of manufacture. Mine says 03/2022
While checking, found mine 03/2022 with no email notification. But I found this info and perplexed… The car is 6283 lbs? That would be heavier than my F-250 truck. This cannot be right?!

0D42CA20-C622-452C-BAC4-A4C06F0AEBD9.jpeg

While checking, found mine 03/2022 with no email notification. But I found this info and perplexed… The car is 6283 lbs? That would be heavier than my F-250 truck. This cannot be right?!

View attachment 5302
Or is it 6283 - 5200 ~= 1100, roughly maximum weight of people and cargos?

View attachment 5302
That’s a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating - not the weight of the car. This is the max rating of the vehicle, plus all accessories, luggage and passengers. The other ratings are weight ratings for each axle.

Hmmm, needing to pull a 5K+ lbs vehicle (even just rolling) would seem to need an old-fashion bolt, IMHO. Polident is fine, but implants are better. 😂😂
Not necessarily - a “hooked bracket” type connection could place zero tensile force on the actual bond (whether that is a weld, adhesive or bolted connection) under towing.

I still don’t think they would have used a structural adhesive though.

Hmmm, needing to pull a 5K+ lbs vehicle (even just rolling) would seem to need an old-fashion bolt, IMHO. Polident is fine, but implants are better. 😂😂
Perfect analogy!! 😂😂😂

Back