Newbie/Forum Migrant Dream Reservation

I would’ve preferred the DE-R personally. When I was at millbrae, they told me they thought it was 70/30 in favor of the P..

I just wonder if there were no Dream R how many more AGT orders they would have had?

I just wonder if there were no Dream R how many more AGT orders they would have had?
Well, even if it were 50/50 on DE orders, that’s 260 range versions, give or take. So if those who got the R wanted the range over the power, you’d get those 260.

We shall see. @SDHacker which car have you ordered?
Unfortunately, we won't see because we can't see what didn't take place. Hmmm, isn't the trim I reserved listed with my other info? I originally reserved P. 480 HP is plenty for me and being in SoCal, I don't need AWD. My main criteria for range was to be able to do a roundtrip SD to LA with AC while sitting in stop & go traffic 25% of the time on a single charge with no range anxiety. But I upgraded to T just to get the glass canopy...if P had the glass canopy as an option, I would have stuck with that (well, ventilated seats was one of my "must haves" so maybe not). I know people have advocated for the extra 100 miles for long trips the GT provides but I can't see going more than 3 or 4 hours before taking a break. Certainly, for the trip you have planned, that 100 miles of added range makes a huge difference with limited L3 charger availability (along with the range drop in cold weather during your winters that isn't a consideration for me).

BTW, outside of fulfilling your childhood fascination with 4 corners, it's not worthwhile - but that's just my opinion. Fulfillment of that desire to see it may be reward enough. Antelope Canyon out of Page, AZ is way more interesting but you have to use a guide service (assuming you find this is more interesting than standing in 4 states simultaneously :D).

Unfortunately, we won't see because we can't see what didn't take place. Hmmm, isn't the trim I reserved listed with my other info? I originally reserved P. 480 HP is plenty for me and being in SoCal, I don't need AWD. My main criteria for range was to be able to do a roundtrip SD to LA with AC while sitting in stop & go traffic 25% of the time on a single charge with no range anxiety. But I upgraded to T just to get the glass canopy...if P had the glass canopy as an option, I would have stuck with that (well, ventilated seats was one of my "must haves" so maybe not). I know people have advocated for the extra 100 miles for long trips the GT provides but I can't see going more than 3 or 4 hours before taking a break. Certainly, for the trip you have planned, that 100 miles of added range makes a huge difference with limited L3 charger availability (along with the range drop in cold weather during your winters that isn't a consideration for me).

BTW, outside of fulfilling your childhood fascination with 4 corners, it's not worthwhile - but that's just my opinion. Fulfillment of that desire to see it may be reward enough. Antelope Canyon out of Page, AZ is way more interesting but you have to use a guide service (assuming you find this is more interesting than standing in 4 states simultaneously :D).
Originally, when the two specs came out, I was thinking of doing a DER, my dad actually showed me the error of my ways and said, when will you get a chance to experience 1,100 hp in a daily driver while you can still handle it without having a heart attack? DAMN RIGHT POPS! Plus, rightly so, I would never drive 5 hours without stopping once.

We'll have our 9 year old daughter with us. I think she'd have a picture worth a thousand words along with me.

I'm going to have a tough enough time getting wife and daughter up to Delicate Arch.

my dad actually showed me the error of my ways
C'mon, your dad knew he was driving that car too. HE wanted 1,111 HP. Talk about target audience - reliving some of that life when he was in his 30's. Sounds like grandpa had some fun carving some twisties with the grandkids in sprint mode!:D:eek:

I'm going to have a tough enough time getting wife and daughter up to Delicate Arch.
That's a easy short hike - a little uphill to get there. Gets crowded late afternoon with people scoping out best spots to view the sunset.

A fun thing to do is hire a company to do a half day canyoneering trip out of Moab.

C'mon, your dad knew he was driving that car too. HE wanted 1,111 HP. Talk about target audience - reliving some of that life when he was in his 30's. Sounds like grandpa had some fun carving some twisties with the grandkids in sprint mode!:D:eek:
haha, so true, he lurks these forums so I hope he sees this and fesses up! He has already made my kids car sick, only drove in swift though...

You mind explaining what frustrations you had? Was there a particular thing that tipped you over?

Sorry for taking so long to close the loop here!

Probably a combination of several things. The lack of communication during the delays being the largest. I would also say that a big factor was the original DA I was assigned. He was very difficult to connect with and I had to proactively reach out to hopefully connect with him. At one point, I was advised that I should get ahead of things and sort out the financing ahead of delivery which didn't happen as eluded. Eventually, I was assigned a different DA who was much better at providing information to me. Even if that information was no new details.

At some point, I think it was just a matter of getting tired of the wait. We had just one car in the household for a while and needed another vehicle. I work from home, but, once in a while needed to run out for errands since the wife took the car work. Pus, the car we had was a 2 door coupe, not exactly practical. The Air wasn't the only car were waiting on, but the closest in terms of delivery timing (side note: We're still waiting for the Ford Maverick we ordered back in August 2021... not even a build date at this point so delays are very normally nowadays. Ford's communication and process is even worst to be honest). We ended up looking around and finding another vehicle that works for us, that fit the same niche in the garage. I'm sure I would've been quite happy with the Air, but have no regrets with my choice. I'll still lurk around the forums as a general EV enthusiast and may jump back into Lucid if the Gravity looks promising.

Back