New Variant coming....

Lots of positive experience with center locks on my 991 Turbo S. I imagine that Lucis will also use CCB's with the CL's. Still waiting for Lucid to lay down a record time at Nurburgring.
Torque wrench for a center lock is always comical to use.

I hope this sapphire ends up being more sporty that I expect. Might attract a different crowd to the brand.

Uh oh… 💨 💨

Attachments

• 260CAA9F-1BFA-46FD-922B-E7BAA27FFF90.jpeg
    260CAA9F-1BFA-46FD-922B-E7BAA27FFF90.jpeg
    1,001.5 KB · Views: 129
The Lucid Motors website is showing the new variant as having "1200+" horsepower.

$249,000 US, reservations August start Aug 23rd

• Lucid Air Sapphire features three motors, carbon-ceramic brakes, aerodynamic package, new sport seats, and track-tuned suspension for a sublime driver-focused sporting experience
  • Sub-two seconds 0-60 mph, sub-four seconds 0-100 mph, sub-nine seconds quarter mile, and top speed exceeding 200 mph
  • Production begins in first half of 2023

Ok...... when do we get this software update? lol

1660929417065.png

Interesting. Same size tires as the Model S Plaid. 24mm wider in the rear (also about the same width increase for the Plaid over the earlier Model S).

Not so comical when you have your vehicle on jacks. The ~450 ft. lbs of torque is the easy part. Breaking the CL seal with a breaker bar for leverage is the hard part as is avoiding touching the carbon ceramic brake discs when mounting the wheels. (I used to change my summer wheels/tires to the winter set each fall and back to summers in the spring, just because for the first year, then had the Porsche techs do it.)

The pictures on the Lucid Motors website are not loading on my iMac. Can anyone post the pictures here?

1660929719113.png

1660929733360.png

1660929771596.png

1660929790208.png

1660929808487.png

1660929828280.png

1660929843777.png

1660929981939.png

1660930063860.png

Not so comical when you have your vehicle on jacks. The ~450 ft. lbs of torque is the easy part. Breaking the CL seal with a breaker bar for leverage is the hard part as is avoiding touching the carbon ceramic brake discs when mounting the wheels. (I used to change my summer wheels/tires to the winter set each fall and back to summers in the spring, just because for the first year, then had the Porsche techs do it.)
Always good to have a friend step on the brakes.

Well it looks like they did have to upgrade the system behind power delivery and cooling. And also spent a good chuck of the press release talking about torque vectoring.

1200+ seems like a sandbag number. I suspect someone is sandbagging until they can decide how much money they want to spend on the power/cooling system and how reliable they can make it.

Am I just missing it or are they not mentioning the Range with the Sapphire?

I think they will probably measure the range in "laps", or fractions thereof.

"With this vast power and the enhanced delivery afforded by the twin rear-drive unit, Lucid Air Sapphire will accelerate from a standstill to 60 mph in less than two seconds, from zero to 100 mph in less than four seconds, and the standing quarter mile in under 9 seconds. These figures are achievable with no extra-cost equipment upgrades or protracted preconditioning routines."

Eat your heart out Plaid.

I'm much relieved. While I congratulate Lucid on the Sapphire, it's a car to which I can say "no" and keep my Dream Edition with no second thoughts. With the poorly integrated fender flares, the exaggerated rear spoiler, the in-your-face "stealth" look (which is anything but), the stiffer suspension, no color or interior choices, and the garish neon blue screens, it's a rather easy pass. I guess I'm just too old for a boy racer.

Does anyone know the price that Tesla is charging for the 200 mph software update? We know that the carbon ceramic brakes is like $20k from Tesla. I guess it doesn’t matter for the Plaid handles like 💩.

Clearly targeted at the Tesla roadster, spec and price wise.
People will compare to the Plaid though. Plaid seems like a bargain compared to this!

Back