New Tesla Roadster: Under one second 0-60??

xponents

Cars
Kia EV9, future Air?

Chances they actually achieve this are very low, but if he does.... that would be absolutely insane. The Tesla Roadster is a beautiful car, and if it had that performance for 250k or even 300k, it would still be somewhat of a bargain.

idk man, at that point, there's gotta be auxiliary things added to the car to achieve it, like way beyond the non-road legal tires, giant spoilers, extremely prepped surfaces, and such. there's gonna have to be some sort of external thrusters/propulsion system involved because 0 to 60 in 1 sec is about 2.75g. no way just 4 tires can withstand that without spinning. even with extreme downforce set ups, until the car achieves some speed, it'll be useless. so the limiting factor would be at the initial standstill part when the torque is applied. this is just based on my basic physics understanding though.

idk man, at that point, there's gotta be auxiliary things added to the car to achieve it, like way beyond the non-road legal tires, giant spoilers, extremely prepped surfaces, and such. there's gonna have to be some sort of external thrusters/propulsion system involved because 0 to 60 in 1 sec is about 2.75g. no way just 4 tires can withstand that without spinning. even with extreme downforce set ups, until the car achieves some speed, it'll be useless. so the limiting factor would be at the initial standstill part when the torque is applied. this is just based on my basic physics understanding though.
Yup, this has the "spacex" package with rocket thrusters according to him. It all works well until you set the car behind you on fire, I guess.

I'd bet heavily against that 0-60 claim. Article makes good point about the McMurty Spierling. A car that weighs barely over a ton and uses fans to generate massive downforce even at a dead stop can barely crack 1.5 seconds 0-60. I'll believe it when I see it

Chances they actually achieve this are very low, but if he does.... that would be absolutely insane. The Tesla Roadster is a beautiful car, and if it had that performance for 250k or even 300k, it would still be somewhat of a bargain.
As much of a bargain as a $40k cybertruck? Or perhaps the Roadster can tow a cybertruck past the 1/8 mi faster than a cybertruck can tow itself past the 1/4mi?

I'll believe it when I see it. It's been 7 years and lots of promises.

He says a lot of things, lol.

Have to hand it to Elon. He knows what Tesla fans want: numbers on a spreadsheet.

Who cares if the car drives like crap? It's the "fastest."

Meanwhile, we're looking at a minimum 8-year delay on this thing shipping. (That's if you believe his new release date prediction. Which, you shouldn't.)

But the news will be all-positive on this, for sure. The press eats this crap up.

Shame, because it's a beautiful car. Now turned into a circus sideshow.

to solve the riddle, substitute " Florida Man " ...

" Florida Man " wants to go to mars
" Florida Man " says he has car in orbit
" Florida Man " says his space car accelerates like it's on a rocket.

The Roadster was announced, as a surprise, in 2017, when they announced the Semi; my suspicion is because the Semi is 'boring' and Elon wanted something for the Twitter crowd. At the time, Tesla said that the car would “smack down” all gasoline-powered cars with its superior performance. It promised to do 0-60 in 1.9 seconds, a quarter mile in 8.8 seconds, and have a top speed of 250+ miles per hour and a 200-kWh battery.

Since then, Tesla released the Model S Plaid, which has similar performance numbers for its 0-60 and quarter-mile time.

The Roadster was originally slated to hit the market in 2020. In 2020, the Roadster was pushed back to 2021. In 2021, it was delayed until 2022 and then later delayed until 2023, which was confirmed again last year.

On May 16, 2023, Elon tweeted about his 10 SpaceX rockets being attached to the Roadster, once again, surprise of all surprises, delaying it until 2024. In that same timeframe, he stated the SpaceX rockets would allow the car to “hover” and Tesla chief designer Franz von Holzhausen said they would make the car an “exciting flying machine.”

Now, in 2024, he is pushing it back to 2025, but this time instead of just hovering and flying, it's going to hit you with 3Gs of force as you go 0-60 in < 1 s. With what, an eighty foot rollout?

Given so many of the promises of the Cybertruck not materializing, even when the Roadster eventually materializes (that is, if it materializes), it's not going to "hover," "fly," or go 0-60 in <1s. It's also not going to have rockets attached to it and be street-legal.

It's a concept car. It's just that instead of calling it one, Elon likes to pretend it's a real car. Other manufacturers accept that they occasionally make concept cars to make a splash, and don't lie to their buyers about what the car will have.

I had a reservation for a Roadster. I got tired of waiting.

It's amazing when you put all of that together. Even if it could hover, how long could it possibly hover under the weight of a 200kWh battery ... and enough "rocket fuel" or whatever to hover a 200kWh battery? Sounds like it must be a physics-defying fuel tanker rather than a sporty car.

It's amazing when you put all of that together. Even if it could hover, how long could it possibly hover under the weight of a 200kWh battery ... and enough "rocket fuel" or whatever to hover a 200kWh battery? Sounds like it must be a physics-defying fuel tanker rather than a sporty car.
Yeah that flying part is bullshit, but I do wonder if he could use thrusters for similar effects to a suction fan and forward thrust.

Yeah that flying part is bullshit, but I do wonder if he could use thrusters for similar effects to a suction fan and forward thrust.
Anything is possible on paper with a pencil.

Building it might even be possible, and it would probably even work half the time.

Getting regulatory approval to get it on a road? Yeah, good luck with that.

If it ever shows up, it’s gonna be a nice looking car that rattles a lot and goes fast in a straight line, with a very spartan interior. It’s not going to fly, hover, or go to 60mph in less than a second.

It’ll be a car. The end.

The cybertruck? It’s a car. It’s not an armored vehicle, no matter how much you like kicking refrigerators.

Florida Man. just back from Mars: Believe him when he speaks....he's not like human beings.
1709156480275.jpeg

1709156631392.jpeg

1709156669310.jpeg

ah yes, the inverted cross ...

Rumor has it that if it hits 88 MPH, the roaster can also travel though time! Exciting!

Rumor has it that if it hits 88 MPH, the roaster can also travel though time! Exciting!
Cool, does it make a good chicken as well?

“It can even fly a little…”
~ Elon Musk

Musk being Musk….he needs to keep deceiving to make himself relevant. Why lie about things you know you can’t deliver? Lying CEO is never good.

How hard is it to be pharaoh; a living god ?

How many of us are building a tomb for a narcissist ?

"Fast enough ?... you gotta make a decision ... leave tonight or live and die this way "

Back