New Tesla Dual Purpose Charger?

LCIDdreams

Cars
Lucid Air Pure…eventually
43B134C0-19D2-40FB-9E26-1CE5C8788605.jpeg

Accessibility diagram from drawings for a new MA supercharger location. The right is the current V3 charger. Left is presumably the new V4. Drawing is more schematic but main takeaway is longer cable.

Single cable only. Could mean this is not a dual purpose location, OR they have a way for a single cable to accommodate either connector, OR in dual purpose locations there would be a 2nd cable added on the other side, OR there is a 2nd cable on the same side (just hidden behind the one drawn).

Isn't it just a Level 3 - 72Kw charger Tesla make? The Supercharger network will be of no use to Lucid given the size of the cars battery and being limited to 50Kw charging on 400v architecture

1658264547584.png

1658264918577.png

Last edited:
I'm hoping that Tesla is aware of higher-voltage cars and money to be made charging them. Best case the V4 they are working on now has a 400V Tesla connector and a 1000V CCS connector.

Isn't it just a Level 3 - 72Kw charger Tesla make? The Supercharger network will be of no use to Lucid given the size of the cars battery and being limited to 50Kw charging on 400v architecture

View attachment 3541

View attachment 3543
Hmm- I don’t think I’ve ever seen those before (just the typical Level 3s on the right of the sketch and the Level 2 destination chargers). A 72kw Level 3 is really slow - are they only used in parking garages?

Looking at the photos I think the charger in the sketch is significantly larger overall and especially taller than those shown. It might be similar aesthetically but I don’t think it’s the same.

Afaik Tesla's 72kW charging stations were their first generation units.

Back