New owner needs guidance

davidilan

I have a choice between an Air Pure with the 20"wheels and a Touring Stealth with 21s for not much more $. Southern Cal, so pretty nice weather. Should I be concerned about the 21s?
Thanks!

Both are good choices for Southern California. Get the tire certs from Discount Tire and enjoy the look and performance of the 21’s.

I have a choice between an Air Pure with the 20"wheels and a Touring Stealth with 21s for not much more $. Southern Cal, so pretty nice weather. Should I be concerned about the 21s?
Thanks!
Welcome to the Cali club. Make sure you check out Lucidowners.com
Omg this is it. 😂 nvm blond moment

Welcome to the Cali club. Make sure you check out Lucidowners.com
Omg this is it. 😂 nvm blond moment
I'm not even sure how....

Thanks!
In general, 21" is much nicer but you get less range and might not last as long as with smaller tires.

So, it depends on what you are looking for.

I bought a Grand Touring, and my goals are range and fewer tire expenses, so I chose the 19".

Thanks!
Ok what I 𝓶𝓮𝓪𝓷𝓽 to say in my earlier blonde moment post was make sure you watch the 𝓒𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓷𝓲𝓪 thread in 𝓛𝓸𝓬𝓪𝓵 𝓒𝓸𝓶𝓶𝓾𝓷𝓲𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓼

In general, 21" is much nicer but you get less range and might not last as long as with smaller tires.

So, it depends on what you are looking for.

I bought a Grand Touring, and my goals are range and fewer tire expenses, so I chose the 19".
Nicer looking or nicer driving, or both ?

Nicer looking or nicer driving, or both ?
Both. 21s are grippier in warm/dry conditions. That said, unless you’re slamming the accelerator or taking turns like a racing driver, you may not notice or care. Either way they definitely look better to me.

Or you could consider a Grand Touring listed over in the Marketplace. ;)

Both. 21s are grippier in warm/dry conditions. That said, unless you’re slamming the accelerator or taking turns like a racing driver, you may not notice or care. Either way they definitely look better to me.
If the choice was between 20 and 21 inch tires, go with what you think looks the best. As segbrk noted, you probably won't notice the difference in handling. I chose 20 as a compromise between improved traction and smooth ride but since I didn't test the 21s 🤷‍♂️
There is no difference in mileage between the two but 19" wheels gives about 40 more miles per full charge.

I have 20" and like the ride and handling... I have had a GT loaner with the 21" for extended period and it is grippier and a tad firmer... That said, I am not a fan of Pirelli products in big tire sizes. the 21" Pirellis will likely give you a few sidewall bubbles over time, especially with the current proliferation of potholes after our wet winter... I wish they had a 21" Michelin option..

That's America's Tire in California. Same company. You can buy a tire warranty from them regardless of if you bought the tires there or not.

That's America's Tire in California. Same company. You can buy a tire warranty from them regardless of if you bought the tires there or not.
Discount here in San Diego.

Thanks!
The Pure on 20's is very nice...but if it doesn't have dual motor (2024 on I think is only now single motor) then get the Touring! Dual motor feels much nicer.

Let us know what you end up getting, would love to see!

However for those sensitive to motor whine and not obsessed about the fastest speeds (I have the dual motor setup and can hear the whine, but am ambivalent about it), the RWD should definitely be given a close look. It’s definitely quieter that the AWD iteration.

The Pure on 20's is very nice...but if it doesn't have dual motor (2024 on I think is only now single motor) then get the Touring! Dual motor feels much nicer.

Let us know what you end up getting, would love to see!
I think there is something to be said for the purity of rear wheel drive. Assuming, of course, that one is not in a cold and snowy climate. For "feel" I would prefer the RWD car. But one is moving a very heavy vehicle so the extra HP and torque could come in handy.

Back