New OTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1663017061972.png

Where, Where, Where 😂

Anyone else, have it??

Not I. This Gentleman literally lives in his Car or at the local Lucid facility. No surprise he got it first 😂. Just need to go search for $LCID on Twitter and he is always on top. Posts great Videos and Photos of his adventures in his Lucid. I believe he already has 14K miles on his DE.

Not I. This Gentleman literally lives in his Car or at the local Lucid facility. No surprise he got it first 😂. Just need to go search for $LCID on Twitter and he is always on top. Posts great Videos and Photos of his adventures in his Lucid. I believe he already has 14K miles on his DE.
Is he an employee? Would make sense as to why he gets them first if that was the case.

I'm kind of shocked that there is no activity on this thread. Has no-one received this OTA yet? I haven't and I usually get it in a couple of days after a new OTA sighting in the wild.

I have not seen anything. But if the OTA distribution is anything like Tesla, then it could be weeks before we all see it. As one of the folks not clamoring for Apple CarPlay (my Model 3 did not have it; don’t care one way or the other) or a ton of other software improvements, I admit being agnostic about the timing. Let Lucid slow roll the update and make sure it works before plopping it into my GT!

It may not even be official yet. If this person gets the updates well before others then I would suspect they're an employee and therefore an instant beta tester.

I love these foundational updates. I would think that they will need to do 1 or 2 more before we get OTA’s that include major additions, such as CarPlay, Android Auto and Dream Drive Pro features. Months ago I was told that we would start seeing more DDP updates by the end of August. I don’t think they would go into production on the Touring until they demonstrate the ability to roll out DDP features. My guess is that we start seeing significant OTAs in a matter of weeks, not months. After that I would surmise that they will announce Touring confirmations. They have to report to shareholders after September, so they are definitely on the clock.

Does anyone know how long it takes for Lucid to push out an update to all owners? It sounds like they don't push to everyone all at once.

Does anyone know how long it takes for Lucid to push out an update to all owners? It sounds like they don't push to everyone all at once.
Supposedly batches of 100. A week is normal for the amount of cars now.

Is he an employee? Would make sense as to why he gets them first if that was the case.
No he is one of the first ones to get his DE and I believe lives near their main service center in Newark CA. May just be a coincidence. He is a rich guy for sure And definitely not an employe.

It may not even be official yet. If this person gets the updates well before others then I would suspect they're an employee and therefore an instant beta tester.
They could definitely be a beta tester.

No he is one of the first ones to get his DE and I believe lives near their main service center in Newark CA. May just be a coincidence. He is a rich guy for sure And definitely not an employe.
The DE # has no correlation to when you get updates.

Update 17 DID NOT improve either capacity or efficiency as stated in that twitter post.

Update 17 DID NOT improve either capacity or efficiency as stated in that twitter post.
17 wasn’t the one that gave more range / efficiency. It was one or two updates before 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back