New option for those with delays

Sandvinsd

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Grand Touring
I really don’t know how to take this after emails today back and forth about the “Paint harmonization” and further delays. He following to me. I replied back that it was insulting and was taking a lot to keep me from responding with much harsher language…..

Dear xxxxxx,

I also wanted to share broader news; Lucid is now delivering Grand Tourings, and introduced a new variant which will begin production in the summer. This variant will command a price premium of $40,000, have more horsepower and less range (~60 miles). I know range confidence was a primary reason you chose the Lucid Air Grand Touring, but I wanted to give the opportunity to upgrade if you wish."

If you do wish to upgrade, please note, you will be subject to new pricing (including terms & conditions), and your delivery date will be impacted. Feel free to think about it, please know we're here if you have any questions, but we will need an answer no later than next Wednesday, 4/20.

I mean, I get frustration, as many of us are waiting, but I don't really see how this is insulting, aside from maybe that arbitrary timeline for a response they gave you.

I mean, I get frustration, as many of us are waiting, but I don't really see how this is insulting, aside from maybe that arbitrary timeline for a response they gave you.
My DA knows how I feel about the delays and the fact that I think Lucid should make amends for those of us who have been delayed due to the Grey and silver paints. This came immediately after a reply about that and more. To say - “you can delay your car further AND give us $40k extra for LESS range” right after our email conversation is insulting, especially since it wasn’t from an email blast.

Feeling as you do, is it worth the aggravation? If, not you have made your decision. I am even further down the line with an order for a Pure. I wonder if there will be Touring and Pure variants? When I put in my order in 10/2020, I recognized I was taking a risk at a lot of levels, but the biggest was that LI I’d would survive throughout the life-time of my ownership. i do not want a DeLorean experience with an orphan Air becoming a large driveway ornament. The more ways Lucid finds to bring in more buyers in my opinion the better; it lessens that risk.

Feeling as you do, is it worth the aggravation? If, not you have made your decision. I am even further down the line with an order for a Pure. I wonder if there will be Touring and Pure variants? When I put in my order in 10/2020, I recognized I was taking a risk at a lot of levels, but the biggest was that LI I’d would survive throughout the life-time of my ownership. i do not want a DeLorean experience with an orphan Air becoming a large driveway ornament. The more ways Lucid finds to bring in more buyers in my opinion the better; it lessens that risk.
Have no problem with adding more variants. My issue is with the lack of communication, especially when they said that color choice would not affect GT deliveries. It was the exact same issue @hmp10 had with Lucid about the red color choice affecting Dream deliveries.

Yes, there is a risk as an early adopter that the company may go bankrupt. But in that scenario, with Lucid’s technology, they would be bought for pennies on the dollar by some legacy automaker and be their luxury nameplate.

What that email from Lucid tells me is they don't have their marketing act together. As an investor that is a scary email to see coming out of Lucid. I can only hope the DA did this on his own so I can't blame the organization.

Lucid wants you to think of them as a super luxury premium brand, yet they send you an email like you're a Toyota Prius customer. Knowing customers are frsutrated, sending an email stating you have a new model is not how to make people feel better about waiting. Never send out cookie cutter emails to discerning customers. It never goes well.

What that email from Lucid tells me is they don't have their marketing act together. As an investor that is a scary email to see coming out of Lucid. I can only hope the DA did this on his own so I can't blame the organization.

Lucid wants you to think of them as a super luxury premium brand, yet they send you an email like you're a Toyota Prius customer. Knowing customers are frsutrated, sending an email stating you have a new model is not how to make people feel better about waiting. Never send out cookie cutter emails to discerning customers. It never goes well.
That's not how I interpreted the email at all. To me it's more like: hey you might have heard that we have a new AGT. Since we know your trim is delayed we can offer you the chance to get the upgrade first.

Is an upgrade so why would an extra $40k be a surprise or later production since you're already delayed.

The problem of the cellphone generation is that we expect everything to be immediate with 3 clicks of the phone. And if we don't get our stuff in 3 days we should get something for free. Folks today would have gone postal being early adopters of stuff in the 80s.

That's not how I interpreted the email at all. To me it's more like: hey you might have heard that we have a new AGT. Since we know your trim is delayed we can offer you the chance to get the upgrade first.

Is an upgrade so why would an extra $40k be a surprise or later production since you're already delayed.

The problem of the cellphone generation is that we expect everything to be immediate with 3 clicks of the phone. And if we don't get our stuff in 3 days we should get something for free. Folks today would have gone postal being early adopters of stuff in the 80s.
Perhaps you're right. But that should have been addressed in the email. The Lucid DA should have said, "I know how much you hate the wait, but this way you'll get your car quicker." The DA did not say that because his current order will get to him faster than an upgraded order, and that DA knows the customers is mad about the delay.

Perhaps I'm the skeptical type, but I agree with Sandvinsd on this one. This email is insulting.

Lol, that's customer service for ya :p

I really don’t know how to take this after emails today back and forth about the “Paint harmonization” and further delays. He following to me. I replied back that it was insulting and was taking a lot to keep me from responding with much harsher language…..

Dear xxxxxx,

I also wanted to share broader news; Lucid is now delivering Grand Tourings, and introduced a new variant which will begin production in the summer. This variant will command a price premium of $40,000, have more horsepower and less range (~60 miles). I know range confidence was a primary reason you chose the Lucid Air Grand Touring, but I wanted to give the opportunity to upgrade if you wish."

If you do wish to upgrade, please note, you will be subject to new pricing (including terms & conditions), and your delivery date will be impacted. Feel free to think about it, please know we're here if you have any questions, but we will need an answer no later than next Wednesday, 4/20.
He extended the opportunity to upgrade, nothing less, nothing more.

Save some and mix me up a Sazerac borski, much appreciated ;)

One of my favorite drinks! But if you like the sazerac, try a sunflower sometime for something a bit more fresh.

Absinthe rinse, shake equal parts gin, Cointreau, st-Germain, lemon juice with ice, strain into coupe, express lemon peel and leave on glass. Yummy.

One of my favorite drinks! But if you like the sazerac, try a sunflower sometime for something a bit more fresh.

Absinthe rinse, shake equal parts gin, Cointreau, st-Germain, lemon juice with ice, strain into coupe, express lemon peel and leave on glass. Yummy.
The Sunflower will definetly be happening on an early summer weekend while enjoying the yard!

Sunday's fritatta brunch will be Mimosa's, and the after eats drink will be an Orange Blossom; shake equal parts Hayman's Old Tom Gin, Dolin Rouge Sweet Vermouth, fresh OJ with ice, strain into a chilled coupe, garnish with an orange wedge.

Back