New member in DC

Spin Doctor

Verified Owner
Cars
'22 AGT, '93 968
Referral Code
NM5ZS2NA
Hi all, new member here in Washington DC. I reserved an Air Pure yesterday. No idea when it’ll actually materialise; I’m guessing maybe a year from now.

I’ve always been drawn to the “unusual / sporty / luxury” combination - I had many many Saabs back in the day. Current stable is a Model S, a Porsche 968 and an Audi S4 ragtop.

I’m less enamoured with Tesla than I used to be, so the Air Pure seemed to be the natural “what next” choice. The tax credit and three years’ charging sweeten the deal, too.

My Model S is (hopefully) sold as of later this month; I guess I’ll get another one to tide me over while I wait for the Air. I also have a reservation for the Mullen Five, but I’m not holding my breath on that one :D

Cheers

Glad you’re with the group! I’m in the same boat with my Model S — great intro to EVs but ready for something more. I’m in the DC area as well and waiting for an Air to test drive. Did you get any recent insight from Lucid into when that’s available?

The Grand touring lucid air is already under production. The next one in the list for production is Luci Air touring which may begin production around June 2022 and the lucid air pure i was informed by my sales person that it will begin Oct of 2022. So is possible to receive delivery for thr base lucid air by November of 2022 or for sure by Christmas of Dec 2022

The Grand touring lucid air is already under production. The next one in the list for production is Luci Air touring which may begin production around June 2022 and the lucid air pure i was informed by my sales person that it will begin Oct of 2022. So is possible to receive delivery for thr base lucid air by November of 2022 or for sure by Christmas of Dec 2022
Don’t hold your breath for a Christmas Pure, although it is possible since Peter stated there are fewer Touring reservations than GT. For an estimate of Pure deliveries, see how long it takes from now until you begin to see the first Tourings. Then add that amount of time to the calendar and it should be a good approximation of when the first Pure will appear.

For DC folks on this thread, Tysons has their test drive car. They got it Monday and the staff has been getting certified to do the test drives. We were they last night as we want to drive one before we confirm our order. I pinged a couple guys from CA who staffed that studio when it opened and they said there were some certifications and logistics that need to be completed.

For DC folks on this thread, Tysons has their test drive car. They got it Monday and the staff has been getting certified to do the test drives. We were they last night as we want to drive one before we confirm our order. I pinged a couple guys from CA who staffed that studio when it opened and they said there were some certifications and logistics that need to be completed.
They must have the SD car! I just went to the SD studio today and asked about a test drive. They said their car they were expecting went somewhere else and their test drive car is on the production line (presumably taking the spot for @Neurio or my delivery)

Just let me take one drive and you can have it.

Thanks for the update! I won’t wait for them to call me to schedule…do you know the specifics of the car — assume AGT? Color, interior?

I believe they said it is a black Santa Cruz GT with 19” wheels.

I believe they said it is a black Santa Cruz GT with 19” wheels.
Maybe that's how they're using up all of the poor fit and finish Santa Cruz carpet.

Back