• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

New member from Indianapolis

Ozspeed

Cars
Grand Touring
I confirmed my GT order last Tuesday March 1 (original reservation 11/27/21), ironically right after the announcement of a 40% cut of 2022 car production. Standard 2-4 month delivery window. Despite the slick looking 21 inch wheels, I chose 19 inch as springtime highway pot holes can ruin your tire, wheel and day. Trying to negotiate for a free 19 inch spare since the more expensive 21 inch wheels are part of the package. Negotiating tips from hardball pros are welcome but I don’t see much leverage. Could try having a tantrum over the phone.

1) order with the 21s
2) buy the 19s, buy a separate spare 19
3) sell the 21s
4) profit?

Welcome! I am from Indy area, Zionsville to be exact and have been on this board almost since the beginning. Well, maybe when it was used by less than a dozen users. I am taking delivery on 19" after the drive in this morning I am hesitant to order the 21" as I had planned. Maybe, if I get a lift I'll put the 21" on for special occasions. :D

Welcome! I am from Indy area, Zionsville to be exact and have been on this board almost since the beginning. Well, maybe when it was used by less than a dozen users. I am taking delivery on 19" after the drive in this morning I am hesitant to order the 21" as I had planned. Maybe, if I get a lift I'll put the 21" on for special occasions. :D
Thanks for the welcome. Ozspeed is from Zionsville too! Where and when can a IN buyer do a test drive?

Unknown, I am waiting to get a call from the Oak Brook location. Both my brothers live near Oak Brook so we go there quite regularly.

Unknown, I am waiting to get a call from the Oak Brook location. Both my brothers live near Oak Brook so we go there quite regularly.

They're claiming late Spring, early Summer for their test vehicle. They have a setup already with Lucid brand chargers and reserved spots there which is ready.

They're claiming late Spring, early Summer for their test vehicle. They have a setup already with Lucid brand chargers and reserved spots there which is ready.
Are the test drives due to not having a car or not being allowed to do test drives?

Are the test drives due to not having a car or not being allowed to do test drives?
This was a month ago, but they said they don't have a car yet. They have a white pre-production in the studio.

Much as I like the looks of the 21's, like the OP I will get the 19's and probably a 19" spare wheel/tire for trips. I recently saw a review of the car with 21" wheels and in what was its final corner, a rear tire shredded.

Much as I like the looks of the 21's, like the OP I will get the 19's and probably a 19" spare wheel/tire for trips. I recently saw a review of the car with 21" wheels and in what was its final corner, a rear tire shredded.

I saw the same review, I think, but to be fair, they were *shredding* the tires and turned traction control off, etc. If you’re drifting, you expect some significant tire wear ;)

Back