• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

New HV Battery

Count me in on needing the HV battery replaced. Have a '22 GT with about 13500 miles. Scheduled to bring it to the Tysons Corner, VA location in a couple weeks. The rep on the phone said the replacement could be done in as a little as a day or two. That's contrary to what I'm reading in this thread but I guess I'll find out.
My replacement took 3 days.

Count me in on needing the HV battery replaced. Have a '22 GT with about 13500 miles. Scheduled to bring it to the Tysons Corner, VA location in a couple weeks. The rep on the phone said the replacement could be done in as a little as a day or two. That's contrary to what I'm reading in this thread but I guess I'll find out.

It took a little over a fortnight (sixteen days to be exact), to get my battery replaced, and that includes the day they came to pick up the car and the evening they returned it to me. Both times they used an auto transport. Initially I was told that my service centre would have to wait “over a week” for my replacement battery to arrive. Then a few days later, I got some very welcome news from my service adviser, telling me that my replacement battery had been delivered far sooner than expected, and that the techs could get to work right away.

I have a feeling all the service stations are getting their replacement batteries much more quickly than before, and are able to do the replacement in a day or two.

I have a feeling all the service stations are getting their replacement batteries much more quickly than before, and are able to do the replacement in a day or two.
Some of it is also just practice. I know a bunch of the guys at Millbrae and as they've done more battery/Wunderbox replacements their speed has just gotten faster too, as they are more practiced at it.

Looks like I’ll be joining the club and getting new HV battery. My GT has over 19k miles and I received call from Lucid Plainview stating my car had Service bulletin to examine and most likely replace the HV battery. I assume this was found from software and communicated to Lucid. Good news is that I’ll be getting a brand new battery and they can address a nagging frunk issue, loose headliner and calibrate cameras since I can’t use HA (car pulls immediately to left) at the same time. Bad news is I most likely will not get a Lucid loaner given the distance from service center and was offered Enterprise. Soonest appointment is 1/29. Hope the HV battery holds up til then 🤞
I got an email that started like this:
“I am reaching out from the Lucid Houston service center regarding your Lucid Air. Based on telemetry data from your car, our engineering team would like to have your Air brought into our service center and perform preventative maintenance. The data suggests that an internal component in the battery system may not be performing as designed. If this is found to be the case, the battery system will be replaced at no cost to you.”

Does this sound familar?

I was just wondering, and I only skimmed this post, do many of the 2022s need battery replacements?
Mine was manufactured 10/22, and I purchased in 12/23, so sounds like part of the group that have had issues, but also the car had sat for over a year.

Just got the call to schedule June 5th in Costa Mesa for my 08/22 Grand Touring. Stay tuned.

I got an email that started like this:
“I am reaching out from the Lucid Houston service center regarding your Lucid Air. Based on telemetry data from your car, our engineering team would like to have your Air brought into our service center and perform preventative maintenance. The data suggests that an internal component in the battery system may not be performing as designed. If this is found to be the case, the battery system will be replaced at no cost to you.”

Does this sound familar?
Yes. Mine was a call from the service center instead of an email since I was scheduling another service at the time, but the same verbiage. They replaced my battery. Very proactive and happy for it. May ‘22 production date for those interested.

Thinjake, come on down! You're the next contestant on the HV BATTERT REPLACEMENT!!!!

Got a call out of the blue Monday from Natick service telling me they are replacing HV Batteries for the OG GTs. Mine was delivered 9/22 and I now have 22k miles on it. No noticeable problems, so preventative I guess. They picked car up within 6 hours and told me I SHOULD have it back by Friday. We shall see.

Thinjake, come on down! You're the next contestant on the HV BATTERT REPLACEMENT!!!!

Got a call out of the blue Monday from Natick service telling me they are replacing HV Batteries for the OG GTs. Mine was delivered 9/22 and I now have 22k miles on it. No noticeable problems, so preventative I guess. They picked car up within 6 hours and told me I SHOULD have it back by Friday. We shall see.
Odd question… Does your VIN have an "X" in it? (9th character)

Odd question… Does your VIN have an "X" in it? (9th character)
No. In fact, no X in my VIN at all. (if that helps at all)

Looks like I’m also joining the HV battery replacement club. In my case, I didn’t get any notification. I just called to schedule my routine 2 year service, and they said that they would be replacing the HV battery according to a service bulletin.

Looks like I’m also joining the HV battery replacement club. In my case, I didn’t get any notification. I just called to schedule my routine 2 year service, and they said that they would be replacing the HV battery according to a service bulletin.

Great idea Bobby for survey
Doesn’t seem to be any trend of manufacturing dates
While may at first be a disappointment to need new HV battery it actually is not bad to start over with a new one
Lucid has been very proactive on this issue

Back