New HV Battery

They still have my car since the 4th of March, but don't really care since I got a loaner. Keep it as long as they need to fix it. 🙂 I periodically check up on it via the app. Doors and trunk opening and closing.
That is my attitude. Give me immediate availability of a quality loaner and I will let you take all the time you want.

Speaking of HV battery packs, does anyone know who makes lucid’s batteries now and what chemistry they use? LG chem was listed early on then there was a Panasonic announcement but I don’t know if lucid really switched.

Speaking of HV battery packs, does anyone know who makes lucid’s batteries now and what chemistry they use? LG chem was listed early on then there was a Panasonic announcement but I don’t know if lucid really switched.
Only Lucid knows for sure but most of us believe DE and GTP are Samsung and all the others are LG Chem. All are NMC. I am not sure when Panasonic may start supplying cells or if they already have.

My just replaced pack for my GT says LG on the work order.

One of my concerns about the Lucid is the LG battery. I understand that the majority of battery failures and recalls across the industry are LG. What year is your Air?

One of my concerns about the Lucid is the LG battery. I understand that the majority of battery failures and recalls across the industry are LG. What year is your Air?
I also suspect the majority of the batteries used across the board are LG. So it would make sense the majority of failures would be LG batteries.

I also suspect the majority of the batteries used across the board are LG. So it would make sense the majority of failures would be LG batteries.
Sorry, I meant industry-wide. From what I understand, LG chem batteries in GM cars and VW have been failing at a much higher rate than others.

Sorry, I meant industry-wide. From what I understand, LG chem batteries in GM cars and VW have been failing at a much higher rate than others.
Weren't the GM failures the pouch style?

The HV battery part number on my work order for our 22 DE is listed as M11-008192-04 and described as BATTERY PARK EXTENDED RANGE SD150G. Not sure if it is a Panasonic or an LG.

The HV battery part number on my work order for our 22 DE is listed as M11-008192-04 and described as BATTERY PARK EXTENDED RANGE SD150G. Not sure if it is a Panasonic or an LG.
It's probably Samsung as those were the DE packs

It's probably Samsung as those were the DE packs
Are people getting better range or more accurate range with the samsung packs... vs. the LG packs? When MotorTrend did the test, they got real good range with the DE vs. GT.

Are people getting better range or more accurate range with the samsung packs... vs. the LG packs? When MotorTrend did the test, they got real good range with the DE vs. GT.
The Samsung packs were able to get 118kwh vs 112kwh of the LG packs, so longer range yes.

I was just wondering, and I only skimmed this post, do many of the 2022s need battery replacements?

I was just wondering, and I only skimmed this post, do many of the 2022s need battery replacements?
Remember, this forum represents less than 2% of all owners.

Remember, this forum represents less than 2% of all owners.
Yes, understood, but 2% is probably a representative set of owners (insofar as the car is concerned). There are a bunch of Battery issues listed here, most seemed to be 2022, GTs. So the question is: Does that extrapolate to a high % of returns across the entire set of 2022 GTs? It seems to be handled well, just wondering if I need to watch out for battery issues. Mine seems fine now!

Yes, understood, but 2% is probably a representative set of owners (insofar as the car is concerned). There are a bunch of Battery issues listed here, most seemed to be 2022, GTs. So the question is: Does that extrapolate to a high % of returns across the entire set of 2022 GTs? It seems to be handled well, just wondering if I need to watch out for battery issues. Mine seems fine now!
30 Inspirational Quotes About Worrying & Why It's So Useless ...

Back