New delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac

Cars
Air Touring
Just received notice that my Touring is built. They want purchase agreement signed & payment made ( I am paying cash) before they ship but didn’t tell me when I would receive car. What has been your experience?Thanks

Somewhat my situation as well. If you read the PA, it clearly states that payment is due at delivery. I received a voice message from my DA yesterday saying my Touring has left the factory and is on the way to Florida. This makes me feel better about taking delivery before the end of the year. I am also paying cash, but will not pay until delivery. I suggest you talk with your DA about timing and logistics. No doubt Lucid is applying pressure to increase the number of deliveries in 2022.

Just received notice that my Touring is built. They want purchase agreement signed & payment made ( I am paying cash) before they ship but didn’t tell me when I would receive car. What has been your experience?Thanks
I had to pay for my DE before it was shipped to Houston.

I committed on October 27. Didn't have much communication beyond confirming my final configuration and providing some detail as to mailing address etc. But things started moving faster once I received a VIN. At that point they send over Docusign documents and you have to provide insurance etc. information. I think that was maybe a week or so ago - perhaps a bit longer. I was notified that the car was completed and would ship to Houston for final prep. That's when the timing of everything gets more tightened. They freight the car (train) to the individual service centers (my closest is Houston). They final prep and then probably use car transport (semi) to the pickup point. In my case it's Plano. I was notified that my car would be in Houston 2 days ago so I needed to send them money. That was the easiest - just ACH'd it over - they had it the next day. If you're doing wire transfer or some sort of financing it'll probably take a few days more. My delivery is set for next week - no specific day as of yet but I'm guessing Monday or Tuesday. They're going to send out a car to pick me up because I'm about 90 miles from Plano - so either Uber Lux or equivalent or a private service. I guess they want to provide a 1st class experience.

I committed on October 27. Didn't have much communication beyond confirming my final configuration and providing some detail as to mailing address etc. But things started moving faster once I received a VIN. At that point they send over Docusign documents and you have to provide insurance etc. information. I think that was maybe a week or so ago - perhaps a bit longer. I was notified that the car was completed and would ship to Houston for final prep. That's when the timing of everything gets more tightened. They freight the car (train) to the individual service centers (my closest is Houston). They final prep and then probably use car transport (semi) to the pickup point. In my case it's Plano. I was notified that my car would be in Houston 2 days ago so I needed to send them money. That was the easiest - just ACH'd it over - they had it the next day. If you're doing wire transfer or some sort of financing it'll probably take a few days more. My delivery is set for next week - no specific day as of yet but I'm guessing Monday or Tuesday. They're going to send out a car to pick me up because I'm about 90 miles from Plano - so either Uber Lux or equivalent or a private service. I guess they want to provide a 1st class experience.
I suppose I should clarify. I didn't send money until the car was "in Houston". Now I'm just waiting for them to get it to Plano - all things being equal that should be fairly quick. I probably could have waited a few more days to send the money but depending on method of payment you may be able to do it last minute. If you're financing that's really just paperwork, paying cash is a bit more time consuming - either a few hours or a few days depending on method.

I am certainly an exception. My home is much closer to factory in Casa Grande than the Scottsdale service location where I am scheduled to pickup. With but 50 miles between the two, I felt comfortable enough to make payment when I was told by delivery advisor that the vehicle was in transit from Casa Grande to Scottsdale. I had only signed the purchase agreement about a week prior. Hopefully things will go well Monday.

I suppose I should clarify. I didn't send money until the car was "in Houston". Now I'm just waiting for them to get it to Plano - all things being equal that should be fairly quick. I probably could have waited a few more days to send the money but depending on method of payment you may be able to do it last minute. If you're financing that's really just paperwork, paying cash is a bit more time consuming - either a few hours or a few days depending on method.
As I said earlier - things move swiftly. I just got a call from Lucid in Houston - they're transporting the car tomorrow morning to Plano for pickup tomorrow afternoon... if all goes as planned.

As I said earlier - things move swiftly. I just got a call from Lucid in Houston - they're transporting the car tomorrow morning to Plano for pickup tomorrow afternoon... if all goes as planned.
Oh how things change in just a few minutes. They sent over a Lyft link for tomorrow - but since I live in such a remote location I told them the likelihood of a Lyft driver actually wanting to make the trip is highly unlikely. I told them I had faith in them but not so much in Lyft. So.. .they're looking at just shipping the car directly to me - still tomorrow. For the driver it's only 10 minutes different.

Oh how things change in just a few minutes. They sent over a Lyft link for tomorrow - but since I live in such a remote location I told them the likelihood of a Lyft driver actually wanting to make the trip is highly unlikely. I told them I had faith in them but not so much in Lyft. So.. .they're looking at just shipping the car directly to me - still tomorrow. For the driver it's only 10 minutes different.
Hope all went well, both with Lyft and and Lucid!

Hope all went well, both with Lyft and and Lucid!
They didn't send Lyft - they delivered to my house. Pretty simple process. Arrived in an enclosed double trailer (2 Lucid's inside). Driver pulled it out - handed me the key box and had me look it over. Then left. I then did a virtual walk-thru via FaceTime with the Lucid rep. Pretty simple process.

They didn't send Lyft - they delivered to my house. Pretty simple process. Arrived in an enclosed double trailer (2 Lucid's inside). Driver pulled it out - handed me the key box and had me look it over. Then left. I then did a virtual walk-thru via FaceTime with the Lucid rep. Pretty simple process.
How was the vehicle? Any surprises or disappointments that one should beware of?

How was the vehicle? Any surprises or disappointments that one should beware of?
So far - nothing. However, I've only driven it 30 miles or so. I'll head to Dallas today and give it a better look over. I hadn't seen any issues but haven't gone over it with a fine tooth comb. The transporter said the only thing he saw was residue from the sticker on one of the tires. I think the opening of the charging port from the outside isn't as intuitive as some - it'd be cool if it auto-opened when the charger plug was brought near. It'd be nice if you had a light flash delay when closing the frunk - while I'm not worried about getting hit by the hood - that thing comes down pretty fast once you've pushed the button and it's located inside the frunk and not on the hood. The key isn't super intuitive so you have to remember how things work - but I suppose - how many times did I ever use my fob to open my trunk and it's pretty much never (single press to unlock/lock car, long press/hold to open/close frunk, short press, long press/hold to open/close trunk). There is a really nice upside to the AT - rear floorboard - a much more comfortable ride for passengers. Also, since I was only really able to experience the GT a few times in Plano - once I got my seat adjusted and sat in the back - there is sooo much room. It's huge!.
Oh... and they really need an ease of entry/exit feature. Hopefully that's coming soon. My Ininiti does it - this is twice the car.

All great suggestions and points. One note though:
My Ininiti does it - this is twice the car.
We frown on these types of comparisons on this forum because they don’t benefit the conversation; different cars have different features and pros/cons, and they rarely have anything to do with price. For example, it is the rare car that has Dolby Atmos, but there are things that the Lucid doesn’t have that others do (for some, this is just “for now”).

The “my car that costs half as much does $foo” is a line of discussion that leads nowhere fast, so we are going to try to avoid that here from now on.

Thanks!

All great suggestions and points. One note though:

We frown on these types of comparisons on this forum because they don’t benefit the conversation; different cars have different features and pros/cons, and they rarely have anything to do with price. For example, it is the rare car that has Dolby Atmos, but there are things that the Lucid doesn’t have that others do (for some, this is just “for now”).

The “my car that costs half as much does $foo” is a line of discussion that leads nowhere fast, so we are going to try to avoid that here from now on.

Thanks!
I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. Frown away. There are legitimate comparisons to be made. For instance - the Rivian just added this feature. It would make zero sense for Lucid to not follow suit. And it’s a doable feature.

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. Frown away. There are legitimate comparisons to be made. For instance - the Rivian just added this feature. It would make zero sense for Lucid to not follow suit. And it’s a doable feature.
I don’t think he meant to say you shouldn’t suggest new features or wish for features other cars have. It’s the whole “My $30k Honda has this, why doesn’t the Lucid?” type of arguments that many here are finding very tiresome.

Manufacturers make tradeoffs and choose different features. More expensive cars don’t necessarily have every single thing less expensive cars do.

That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t say “I really want Lucid to add this.” Many of us want these things. It’s how we construct the criticism that leads to the negative reaction for some.

On the flip side, why doesn't the $2 million Rimac Nevera not have 5 seats like my $150,000 Lucid hmm?

I don’t think he meant to say you shouldn’t suggest new features or wish for features other cars have. It’s the whole “My $30k Honda has this, why doesn’t the Lucid?” type of arguments that many here are finding very tiresome.

Manufacturers make tradeoffs and choose different features. More expensive cars don’t necessarily have every single thing less expensive cars do.

That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t say “I really want Lucid to add this.” Many of us want these things. It’s how we construct the criticism that leads to the negative reaction for some.
I guess I’m confused. Clearly we have to make comparisons to other manufacturers. These feature wishes don’t really come out of thin air. Just like most luxury features - some manufacturer added it to a vehicle and people liked it. We can go back to A/C, power windows and cruise control.
At a certain class of car you expect certain features. And that isn’t a mean spirited argument. It’s a legitimate request for a feature that should be included in a car at this level. Sure - we can split hairs on the massage seats but if they weren’t heated it’d be a non-starter.
Lucid is competing with the S Class Mercedes and to a lesser extent - the Model S. It wouldn’t make a lot of sense to compare it to a non luxury brand.
Having said that - the obvious comparison is always going to be Tesla when it comes to tech. And that is completely fair - and expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back