• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

New delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhat my situation as well. If you read the PA, it clearly states that payment is due at delivery. I received a voice message from my DA yesterday saying my Touring has left the factory and is on the way to Florida. This makes me feel better about taking delivery before the end of the year. I am also paying cash, but will not pay until delivery. I suggest you talk with your DA about timing and logistics. No doubt Lucid is applying pressure to increase the number of deliveries in 2022.
Isn't this the moment to tell them they need to close by 12/31...or else....?

I don’t think he meant to say you shouldn’t suggest new features or wish for features other cars have. It’s the whole “My $30k Honda has this, why doesn’t the Lucid?” type of arguments that many here are finding very tiresome.

Manufacturers make tradeoffs and choose different features. More expensive cars don’t necessarily have every single thing less expensive cars do.

That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t say “I really want Lucid to add this.” Many of us want these things. It’s how we construct the criticism that leads to the negative reaction for some.
You may find the topic tiresome, but many of us find it very relevant to our decision whether to buy, or move on.

Respectfully, the advantages of this site for many of us are to 1) gather data to inform our purchase decision, and 2) pass on to Lucid what we. as possible buyers (in a VERY narrow niche), consider important.

I've had SXM in all 4 cars for years and can't/won't live without it....this is the only means I know of to communicate that to Liciud. And there are many other examples. (I still hold out hope for a cellular work-around)

Lucid seems to have made a serious marketing mistake by offering 4 variants of the same car but with a 70% pricing dfferential among them. They're now stuck parsing things like Vegan Interior vs Leather, massage not an option, limiting performance by software manipulation not hardware...and part of their universe of buyers is pushing back.

You can object to this on the basis that it tires you,,,but I think that really misses the point. The next 5 buyers who post that they love their new car more than any they've owned add nothing to my knowledge base (tho I'm sincerely happy for them, and hope to join their ranks...but I've driven the car multiple times and already get it).

But if five more post say their new car became inoperable and had to be towed...I need to know that before I send 100k

I follow your posts and know you Really Believe...but you need to know lot's of potential buyers are Not Convinced---and mostly because of complaints posted here by Real Owners....

END OF RANT (I'm also a CO resident --6 mo/yr, and anxious to hear your snow country experience)

You may find the topic tiresome, but many of us find it very relevant to our decision whether to buy, or move on.

Respectfully, the advantages of this site for many of us are to 1) gather data to inform our purchase decision, and 2) pass on to Lucid what we. as possible buyers (in a VERY narrow niche), consider important.

I've had SXM in all 4 cars for years and can't/won't live without it....this is the only means I know of to communicate that to Liciud. And there are many other examples. (I still hold out hope for a cellular work-around)

Lucid seems to have made a serious marketing mistake by offering 4 variants of the same car but with a 70% pricing dfferential among them. They're now stuck parsing things like Vegan Interior vs Leather, massage not an option, limiting performance by software manipulation not hardware...and part of their universe of buyers is pushing back.

You can object to this on the basis that it tires you,,,but I think that really misses the point. The next 5 buyers who post that they love their new car more than any they've owned add nothing to my knowledge base (tho I'm sincerely happy for them, and hope to join their ranks...but I've driven the car multiple times and already get it).

But if five more post say their new car became inoperable and had to be towed...I need to know that before I send 100k

I follow your posts and know you Really Believe...but you need to know lot's of potential buyers are Not Convinced---and mostly because of complaints posted here by Real Owners....

END OF RANT (I'm also a CO resident --6 mo/yr, and anxious to hear your snow country experience)
Amen brother. SXM is coming from what I’ve heard from multiple sources. I think you’re correct on the multiple variants. Hind sight is 20/20 but they may have been able to just make the AT and offer a comfort package with massage seats. The performance is on par with the Model S and they could have attacked the insanity speed with the Saphire. Perhaps offered exclusive color combinations to the “Dream” purchasers.

I’m not concerned with my purchase and I’m confident Lucid will bring features to the car to make it better than it is now. Adding SXM, car play, android auto etc is a good start. Improving DDP is pretty much mandatory for a $10k option.

The Pure should be a popular car but there are a few compromises

Now I’m confused. Where did anyone say it was a problem to post that your car became inoperable and needed to be towed?

Who said you can’t make criticisms of different tradeoffs Lucid chose? I believe I said the opposite.

I think we’re getting way off the main point @borski was trying to make here. And I don’t believe we are disagreeing about anything you said above. At all.

And please, please please refrain from coming up with more clever ways of calling me a fanboy. I don’t believe I’ve made it a habit of insulting anyone here. I’d appreciate the same courtesy.

Amen brother. SXM is coming from what I’ve heard from multiple sources. I think you’re correct on the multiple variants. Hind sight is 20/20 but they may have been able to just make the AT and offer a comfort package with massage seats. The performance is on par with the Model S and they could have attacked the insanity speed with the Saphire. Perhaps offered exclusive color combinations to the “Dream” purchasers.

I’m not concerned with my purchase and I’m confident Lucid will bring features to the car to make it better than it is now. Adding SXM, car play, android auto etc is a good start. Improving DDP is pretty much mandatory for a $10k option.

The Pure should be a popular car but there are a few compromises
I've ordered Touring too and really want it to work.

SXM looks like cellular only--ie a widget on L's screen that's functionally the same as the app on your phone...yawn

I really want the blindspot camera vs the yellow warning light in the RVM and would pay for it---but forcing me to pay 10k for futures is really enough to send me to Fisker

Now I’m confused. Where did anyone say it was a problem to post that your car became inoperable and needed to be towed?

Who said you can’t make criticisms of different tradeoffs Lucid chose? I believe I said the opposite.

I think we’re getting way off the main point @borski was trying to make here. And I don’t believe we are disagreeing about anything you said above. At all.

And please, please please refrain from coming up with more clever ways of calling me a fanboy. I don’t believe I’ve made it a habit of insulting anyone here. I’d appreciate the same courtesy.
I'll refrain from point-by-point because you so mischaraterize my post ...I've looked back for reference of insult and found none

I'll leave this in the positive spirit of my first

Pax Vobiscum

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. Frown away. There are legitimate comparisons to be made. For instance - the Rivian just added this feature. It would make zero sense for Lucid to not follow suit. And it’s a doable feature.
You’re absolutely welcome to compare vehicles and their features, as long as we recognize that no vehicle is ever going to be a superset of all the features on every other vehicle.

My other point is the monetary comparison; value is not based solely on dollars spent, and the argument of “my cheaper car has $foo” is, frankly, lazy. Discussing the feature, its benefits/drawbacks, and whether Lucid should add it or not is all well and good. The specific argument of “my cheaper car has it,” especially when that is the entire argument alone, is ineffective and doesn’t lead, in general, to productive discussion.

I hope that helps clarify.

You’re absolutely welcome to compare vehicles and their features, as long as we recognize that no vehicle is ever going to be a superset of all the features on every other vehicle.

My other point is the monetary comparison; value is not based solely on dollars spent, and the argument of “my cheaper car has $foo” is, frankly, lazy. Discussing the feature, its benefits/drawbacks, and whether Lucid should add it or not is all well and good. The specific argument of “my cheaper car has it,” especially when that is the entire argument alone, is ineffective and doesn’t lead, in general, to productive discussion.

I hope that helps clarify.
Clarify? As in Truth? No….just your opinion. The folks who talk the most often aren’t the most reliably correct….just generalizing of course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back