New cars being offered at old price?

tdub59

Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring P
Hello all,
Had a reporter I've been in touch hit me up asking if I'd heard about Lucid with an offer to get a GT at the pre-increase price of $139K as long as they took delivery before end of year. Anyone heard anything about that? Boneheaded move if they did, especially at this time with supposedly a bunch or orders still outstanding, not to mention all of us that paid the increased price and haven't had the car a month.

Did a little research and right now all I can find is the employee incentive to buy where they credit you $500 a pay period until the $18K discount is reached. It continues to pay out only while you're an active employee. Supposedly they are also sending emails out to potential buyers offering the discount? I haven't been able to find anything about it. Anyone else heard anything?

This offer is to employees only - similar to Rivian and Tesla did with their employees discounts.

Many folks in the executive & management team paid FULL retail price for their cars.

I didnt pay super close attention but I think they were offering old prices to current Touring / Pure reservations who want to upgrade? They closed off that option a while back but reopened it if I read correctly.

If they could get me a Touring by the end of the year at the old price I'd be sorely tempted ...

On the Lucid Motors website today. It appears that the Lucid AGT is advertised back to $138k

Attachments

• 1D006429-1A8C-4BB2-BBAD-C9FB28828BAF.png
    1D006429-1A8C-4BB2-BBAD-C9FB28828BAF.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 72
On the Lucid Motors website today. It appears that the Lucid AGT is advertised back to $138k
They have been doing this for a little while. No DDP or SSP. When you add those options back in its the same price. So no price reduction, just a couple of standard features made optional.

They have been doing this for a little while. No DDP or SSP. When you add those options back in its the same price. So no price reduction, just a couple of standard features made optional.
Yeah but of course BusinessInsider/Barrons will spin this as a negative even though it makes perfect sense to reduce price if you’re gonna offer a less than fully loaded car for those who don’t want to pay for DDP or SSP.

Back