New CarPlay

We'll know in a few days about the new CarPlay as it pertains to Software SDK:

1686022980748.png

I was discussing with some friends today how it was an odd choice for Apple to make that a general purpose WWDC developer video. There are a handfull of developers who actually work for car manufacturers who could get any use out of the content of the video. It's useless to anyone who doesn't work in the auto industry. So why not just give it to those companies directly?

Videos about building apps for CarPlay, sure. But implementing CarPlay in an actual auto OS? Just an odd choice of venue for that content.

Same thing with the lab, really. I would think Apple could easily just reach out to each auto manufacturer to schedule time with them directly.

I was discussing with some friends today how it was an odd choice for Apple to make that a general purpose WWDC developer video. There are a handfull of developers who actually work for car manufacturers who could get any use out of the content of the video. It's useless to anyone who doesn't work in the auto industry. So why not just give it to those companies directly?

Videos about building apps for CarPlay, sure. But implementing CarPlay in an actual auto OS? Just an odd choice of venue for that content.

Same thing with the lab, really. I would think Apple could easily just reach out to each auto manufacturer to schedule time with them directly.
WWDC always has labs like this; when I worked WWDC in 2008 it was similar. Labs for everything, and Apple would rather generally have companies send developers to WWDC than send developers to companies.

Back