New CarPlay

Ned

Cars
Lucid Air GT

Apple Launching All-New CarPlay This Year in Partnership With These 14 Automakers

Acura
Audi
Ford
Honda
Infiniti
Jaguar
Land Rover
Lincoln
Mercedes-Benz
Nissan
Polestar
Porsche
Renault
Volvo

And it appears that Lucid's false advertising about how it has CarPlay still goes uncorrected.

And it appears that Lucid's false advertising about how it has CarPlay still goes uncorrected.
Hello, San Diego neighbor! I want nothing more than CarPlay to be added to the car as soon as possible. I'm frustrated it has not been implemented yet, too. I hope it's coming soon; they did say it would be here by the end of last year but it has been delayed. That said, I do not think there was any false advertising. They did say it was "CarPlay compatible." A bit of a word twist there, but let's slow down on the accusations.

Meanwhile, the new generation of CarPlay is just a concept at this time. None of the manufactures listed currently has it. I am a big Apple fan and I hope that Lucid also signs up when it does become available in the future. Time will tell! Good luck with the car.

I would be happy with good old fashion CarPlay. Don't need the next generation of having Apple control climate, all screens and other stuff. Lucid's climate control system is fine. Having options besides Lucid's built in Nav would be the biggest one for me.

I don't think they are lying either that it's coming. We all know they have software work to do. Not like they are pushing out video games and fart noises before CarPlay!

There's also a big revision of Android Auto coming. I expect both of these will make it into cars some time next year.

I do not think there was any false advertising. They did say it was "CarPlay compatible." A bit of a word twist there, but let's slow down on the accusations.
“False advertising” is a strong accusation. Still, when I first looked at the car in the NYC showroom a year ago, the sales team there told me it would definitely have CarPlay. Just one data point for sure.

If we really think the car is just “CarPlay compatible,” why is there an entire subgroup devoted to it?

“False advertising” is a strong accusation. Still, when I first looked at the car in the NYC showroom a year ago, the sales team there told me it would definitely have CarPlay. Just one data point for sure.

If we really think the car is just “CarPlay compatible,” why is there an entire subgroup devoted to it?
Don't get me wrong, I have been one of the most vocal people on this board about the frustrating absence of and delay in releasing CarPlay. I was also told the car would definitely have it. Peter himself publicly promised it would be done by the end of 2022. That said, I believe Lucid when they say it is delayed and I hesitate to accuse them of an illegal act such as false advertising.

Don't get me wrong, I have been one of the most vocal people on this board about the frustrating absence of and delay in releasing CarPlay. I was also told the car would definitely have it. Peter himself publicly promised it would be done by the end of 2022. That said, I believe Lucid when they say it is delayed and I hesitate to accuse them of an illegal act such as false advertising.
Did Lucid officially say that CarPlay is delayed?

Did Lucid officially say that CarPlay is delayed?
I don’t remember any official announcement that is delayed, but since it is now mid-February 2023 and it was promised by the end of 2022, I don’t think such an announcement is even necessary.

Hey guys - let's enjoy together. Another Friday coming up before ER ;)

There's also a big revision of Android Auto coming. I expect both of these will make it into cars some time next year.
Like "Free Beer tomorrow" :D

I don’t remember any official announcement that is delayed, but since it is now mid-February 2023 and it was promised by the end of 2022, I don’t think such an announcement is even necessary.
I don’t recall hearing anything either. Maybe they thought we wouldn’t notice? They must have a lot of fun around the water cooler reading these CarPlay Friday posts. 😂

I think the new company line is that it’s coming this year. Not sure if they’re having issues but that’s what I was told.

I know this article is almost 8 months old, but I certainly hope that due the curved nature of Lucid's screen, we are not losing out on screen real estate for Apple Car Play:

https://insideevs.com/news/597966/lucid-air-apple-car-play-spotted/

This would look terrible and no Car Play would be much better! I hope all the testing over the last 8 months is going to be optimized for the screen real estate. Sometimes the saying about if it's not broke, why fix it seems very applicable in this case.

As much as the curved screen looks nice, I think their maybe drawbacks as well with tampered curvy corners.

I know this article is almost 8 months old, but I certainly hope that due the curved nature of Lucid's screen, we are not losing out on screen real estate for Apple Car Play:

https://insideevs.com/news/597966/lucid-air-apple-car-play-spotted/

This would look terrible and no Car Play would be much better! I hope all the testing over the last 8 months is going to be optimized for the screen real estate. Sometimes the saying about if it's not broke, why fix it seems very applicable in this case.

As much as the curved screen looks nice, I think their maybe drawbacks as well with tampered curvy corners.
Am i the only one that wants pilot panel carplay?

I suppose it is, especially for maps. I really cant think of any other way to have a big carplay screen.
Unfortunately, CarPlay does not grow well vertically. It is best meant for a horizontal screen. If it were on the lower panel, it would probably look a lot like the Polestar, which is not a good use of space.

67E26E69-A7B7-444F-9368-805666C70C65.jpeg

Back