New Bugs Since 3.5.1

It's been a couple of weeks since I installed a new battery in the fob for our newest Gravity and considerably longer for the battery in our other rGravity fob.
Thanks for the info. Thought I was on to something.
 
Believe me, folks, I'm not complaining here, but I have a serious question.

Again today I took our newer Gravity out to run some errands with a good bit of getting in and out of the car. And as has been the case for three days now, every single software feature that I used worked properly. (Well, except that the audio kept pausing on one of the legs because our Air was also on the road.) The car opened upon approach with the key fob. The driver seat moved into programmed position. All the screens came up and stayed functional throughout the drive. The toggle switches and steering wheel buttons worked. The rear hatch opened and closed seamlessly.

So, here's the question. How could a car that was malfunctioning so consistently for weeks -- literally every time I got into it -- suddenly become problem-free? Did Lucid do something centrally they don't want to say, thus admitting there was a problem? Have the planets moved into a new alignment? Did someone slip the Gravity a can of spinach when we weren't looking?
 
Being an empiricist and a man of science, I'm at a loss to fathom any explanation here....just like I can't explain why there's a parking spot just opening up right in front every single time my wife is driving and we arrive somewhere whilst when I'm driving we arrive to find the parking lot full and I am stricken to go hunt for a space!

SW engineers on here may have plausible theories though...
 
Last edited:
Believe me, folks, I'm not complaining here, but I have a serious question.

Again today I took our newer Gravity out to run some errands with a good bit of getting in and out of the car. And as has been the case for three days now, every single software feature that I used worked properly. (Well, except that the audio kept pausing on one of the legs because our Air was also on the road.) The car opened upon approach with the key fob. The driver seat moved into programmed position. All the screens came up and stayed functional throughout the drive. The toggle switches and steering wheel buttons worked. The rear hatch opened and closed seamlessly.

So, here's the question. How could a car that was malfunctioning so consistently for weeks -- literally every time I got into it -- suddenly become problem-free? Did Lucid do something centrally they don't want to say, thus admitting there was a problem? Have the planets moved into a new alignment? Did someone slip the Gravity a can of spinach when we weren't looking?
I wonder if the weather has something to do with it.

I mean, the tricky part in all of this is that the class of bugs here is what software engineering calls non-deterministic—or that there's no clear "if you do A then B happens" sequencing to them. It may just be luck-of-the-draw, or that there's some external factor like weather or temperature that was affecting multiple components at the same time and that was causing some non-deterministic, underlying instability.
 
Haven't extensively tested anything but for me having fobs in a faraday pouch and taking it out near the car has been slow to wake and unlock the car since the last update.

However I have kept the fob out of pouch the past week and it seems to work really well when approaching the car from the back in view of the side cameras and not so good when approaching from the front when out of view of the side cameras.

Anyone notice something similar? Maybe using side cameras as a hint or motion detection to help with fob usage?
 
Believe me, folks, I'm not complaining here, but I have a serious question.

Again today I took our newer Gravity out to run some errands with a good bit of getting in and out of the car. And as has been the case for three days now, every single software feature that I used worked properly. (Well, except that the audio kept pausing on one of the legs because our Air was also on the road.) The car opened upon approach with the key fob. The driver seat moved into programmed position. All the screens came up and stayed functional throughout the drive. The toggle switches and steering wheel buttons worked. The rear hatch opened and closed seamlessly.

So, here's the question. How could a car that was malfunctioning so consistently for weeks -- literally every time I got into it -- suddenly become problem-free? Did Lucid do something centrally they don't want to say, thus admitting there was a problem? Have the planets moved into a new alignment? Did someone slip the Gravity a can of spinach when we weren't looking?
Now if only they could get the frunk to open on the first try every time….
 
How could a car that was malfunctioning so consistently for weeks -- literally every time I got into it -- suddenly become problem-free?
I think the answer is obvious - @borski swapped in his always perfectly working Gravity while you werent looking 🤣
 
I think the answer is obvious - @borski swapped in his always perfectly working Gravity while you werent looking 🤣
Actually, we just got the weird interior lighting thing where part of the light strip turned white and then disappeared for the rest of the drive today, lol.

@hmp10 take it back!
 
I wonder if the weather has something to do with it.

I mean, the tricky part in all of this is that the class of bugs here is what software engineering calls non-deterministic—or that there's no clear "if you do A then B happens" sequencing to them. It may just be luck-of-the-draw, or that there's some external factor like weather or temperature that was affecting multiple components at the same time and that was causing some non-deterministic, underlying instability.
In the past month, I have experienced consistently reproduceable issues where early morning temps below 32 degrees while warming up will affect sensors, and disable at DD pro. So I am certain weather is a factor and there's hw overlap w sw issues in real life.
 
In the past month, I have experienced consistently reproduceable issues where early morning temps below 32 degrees while warming up will affect sensors, and disable at DD pro. So I am certain weather is a factor and there's hw overlap w sw issues in real life.
I'm in SoCal (sunny and warm weather is a constant) and I get the same shower of bugs that blow in and out like the Santa Ana Winds!
 
My sigh of relief might have come too soon. Yesterday we began having trouble with the older Gravity now not recognizing the key fob, a problem that had been plaguing the newer Gravity for a couple of weeks. And, as with the newer Gravity, it was also failing to lock. We went to friends' house for a movie last night. After the movie had already started my partner got up to do something and passed the front door. He noticed that the Gravity headlights were still on and went to check to find that its doors were also unlocked. I checked and confirmed I had put the key fob on a console in the house where I usually did, well out of range of the car.

So I guess we're back to playing whack-a-mole with these cars.
 
Actually, we just got the weird interior lighting thing where part of the light strip turned white and then disappeared for the rest of the drive today, lol.

@hmp10 take it back!

Sinners take warning. I am the harbinger of all things to come.
 
My fob performance has gone to hell with 3.5.1. The car unlocks on approach less than 50% of the time. I pull out my key and start pressing buttons to unlock, which itself then works about 50% of the time. Usually, after a few presses, the car then seems to realize I'm there and I can hear a click inside and then the handles present, finally. It is not convenient when this process happens in a downpour, as it did the other day, and I was thinking to myself "yeah, of course this would be one of those times." About 5% of the time, I have to reach into my wallet and pull out the key card to open (or start to before it wakes up on its own). Then, sometimes, it still will tell me that the key is not detected and won't start without the card.

It was erratic when I got it, and got to nearly perfect with the last update, but now I'm back to lots of frustration.
 
My fob performance has gone to hell with 3.5.1. The car unlocks on approach less than 50% of the time. I pull out my key and start pressing buttons to unlock, which itself then works about 50% of the time. Usually, after a few presses, the car then seems to realize I'm there and I can hear a click inside and then the handles present, finally. It is not convenient when this process happens in a downpour, as it did the other day, and I was thinking to myself "yeah, of course this would be one of those times." About 5% of the time, I have to reach into my wallet and pull out the key card to open (or start to before it wakes up on its own). Then, sometimes, it still will tell me that the key is not detected and won't start without the card.

It was erratic when I got it, and got to nearly perfect with the last update, but now I'm back to lots of frustration.

Yep. After our 3-day respite from software woes, our two Gravities are returning to old times. The older Gravity is no longer recognizing the key fob consistently, and last night the car failed to power down and lock itself -- something only the newer Gravity had been doing recently. And today the rear hatch malfunction returned in our newer Gravity.

It's like some kind of evil trickster is lurking around inside Gravity software and popping up whenever and wherever he feels like it.
 
Apologies if this was covered already. I picked up my GGT last week so it already had the 3.5.1 update. When I finally used Android Auto, Spotify would always randomly pause. It happens whether or not the native NAV is being used. I'm trying to isolate when it happens. Anyone else experience this? Its more of an annoyance than anything else...
 
Someone in the Lucid Facebook group mentioned their service advisor said 3.5.5 was "in the pipeline" so let's all pray for bug fixes, stability, and robustttttness.

And no new issues 😅
 
My fob performance has gone to hell with 3.5.1. The car unlocks on approach less than 50% of the time. I pull out my key and start pressing buttons to unlock, which itself then works about 50% of the time. Usually, after a few presses, the car then seems to realize I'm there and I can hear a click inside and then the handles present, finally. It is not convenient when this process happens in a downpour, as it did the other day, and I was thinking to myself "yeah, of course this would be one of those times." About 5% of the time, I have to reach into my wallet and pull out the key card to open (or start to before it wakes up on its own). Then, sometimes, it still will tell me that the key is not detected and won't start without the card.

It was erratic when I got it, and got to nearly perfect with the last update, but now I'm back to lots of frustration.
Honestly, at this stage of the game I don’t think the fob is the problem. I’m leaning hardware / antenna issue with the car. Recall number 2 coming 😂

If it truly was a fob problem then I’m sure Lucid would have prioritized PAAK to shut us all up but given PAAK uses the same tech as the fob and Lucid can’t give an ETA on when it’s coming, it leads me to believe this is a much bigger problem that software alone can’t fix.
 
Apologies if this was covered already. I picked up my GGT last week so it already had the 3.5.1 update. When I finally used Android Auto, Spotify would always randomly pause. It happens whether or not the native NAV is being used. I'm trying to isolate when it happens. Anyone else experience this? Its more of an annoyance than anything else...
I’ve had similar issues. New since 3.5.1
 
Actually, we just got the weird interior lighting thing where part of the light strip turned white and then disappeared for the rest of the drive today, lol.

@hmp10 take it back!
tmp.gif
 
Back
Top