New Air Pure owner in Colorado

valentin.horner@

Verified Owner
Cars
2023 Lucid Air Pure AWD
Hello, I am Val and I picked up my Lucid Air Pure yesterday!

Looking forward to meet up with other Colorado owners (I live in Lafayette).

Cheers.

Attachments

• 20231001_111618.jpg
    20231001_111618.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 102
Nice. Looking forward to checking that out. Haven’t seen a white Pure in the wild yet.

Congrats, I just picked mine up today. How are you all liking your cars?

Hahaha, great minds think alike. And thanks, it's at Tony's shop getting PPF and ceramic coated. It's going to be a long week while he has it.

I posted my delivery in another thread, but I just took delivery of our Touring last Thursday. I'm down in Manitou Springs.

We absolutely love it!

View attachment 15724
Welcome to the neighborhood! We live in CS (Skyway) and have had our AGT (Cosmo Sivlver) for a year– but haven’t seen a single one in the wild! Look forward to crossing paths with you on Highway 24. Beautiful car… enjoy enjoy enjoy.

Welcome to the neighborhood! We live in CS (Skyway) and have had our AGT (Cosmo Sivlver) for a year– but haven’t seen a single one in the wild! Look forward to crossing paths with you on Highway 24. Beautiful car… enjoy enjoy enjoy.

Glad to know there are other owners in the area. I've seen two Air's in town. One was a Silver Air on 24 a couple of months ago. Probably was you!

Loving the car so far. Can't wait to take it on a drive in the mountains. Because it's only an 18 month lease I'm not getting a set of winter tires for the car, so unfortunately I probably won't be driving much this winter.

Congratulations to all of you! Great to see so many new Airs out there 😎

Glad to know there are other owners in the area. I've seen two Air's in town. One was a Silver Air on 24 a couple of months ago. Probably was you!

Loving the car so far. Can't wait to take it on a drive in the mountains. Because it's only an 18 month lease I'm not getting a set of winter tires for the car, so unfortunately I probably won't be driving much this winter.
Yup, probably me. But as far as winter driving, you might be surprised at how well it handles in the snow on the all-season tires (it’s such a heavy car…) We didn’t get the snows until January, and wend skiing several times with no Issues. But heck- Head down to New Mexico or something. It’s a blast… (and the EA chargers in Pueblo, Trinidad and Albuquerque have worked fine for us many times)

Yup, probably me. But as far as winter driving, you might be surprised at how well it handles in the snow on the all-season tires (it’s such a heavy car…) We didn’t get the snows until January, and wend skiing several times with no Issues. But heck- Head down to New Mexico or something. It’s a blast… (and the EA chargers in Pueblo, Trinidad and Albuquerque have worked fine for us many times)
This is good to know, thanks. Heading down to Santa Fe for Thanksgiving. Was looking at the Pueblo and Trinidad chargers as options.

This is good to know, thanks. Heading down to Santa Fe for Thanksgiving. Was looking at the Pueblo and Trinidad chargers as options.
Alas, I have become way too familiar with Walmarts across our great southwest…

Hello, I am Val and I picked up my Lucid Air Pure yesterday!

Looking forward to meet up with other Colorado owners (I live in Lafayette).

Cheers.
Congratulations on your purchase. I'm 1600 miles into my pure ownership. I realize now how much I underestimated what a great machine the Air is.

We drive to Phoenix 1-2 times per year so we are pretty familiar with all of the EA chargers along the route. We are headed down there over Thanksgiving but we will be taking our EQS SUV for the extra space.

I feel a weekend trip with the wife to Santa Fe is needed. That's a great suggestion.

That's good to hear I went ahead an ordered the winter tire/wheel set up once my car was scheduled for delivery.

We drive to Phoenix 1-2 times per year so we are pretty familiar with all of the EA chargers along the route. We are headed down there over Thanksgiving but we will be taking our EQS SUV for the extra space.

I feel a weekend trip with the wife to Santa Fe is needed. That's a great suggestion.
What route do you take? My mom and stepdad live outside of Pheniox and we were thinking about a road trip in the new car but weren't sure what route to take and how the charging network was along the way. My goal would be to crush a road trip down just to show them TVs have range it is not a big deal.

Hopefully, you have a smooth trip.

What route do you take? My mom and stepdad live outside of Pheniox and we were thinking about a road trip in the new car but weren't sure what route to take and how the charging network was along the way. My goal would be to crush a road trip down just to show them TVs have range it is not a big deal.

The first time we drove down (3 years ago) in an EV, we went Santa Fe, Albuquerque, Gallup, Flagstaff, then down to Phoenix. My parents actually live in Gilbert which is on the east side. Normally we would drop down at Holbrook and go through Payson.

Now there are EA chargers at Payson, Show Low, and Globe. So last April we took our "normal" route and turned off of 40 at Holbrook and went through Payson. The only thing to watch for with this route is going back home you are headed up hill. The leg from Payson through Holbrook, to Gallup is a long leg. About 192 miles between chargers with several thousand feet of elevation. We were able to do that leg in our Rivian, but not in our E-tron for example. The Lucid should be fine, but add some extra buffer.

Definitely check PlugShare for the recent status of chargers before heading out. Usually these chargers are reliable, but I've seen bad reports from time to time.

The first time we drove down (3 years ago) in an EV, we went Santa Fe, Albuquerque, Gallup, Flagstaff, then down to Phoenix. My parents actually live in Gilbert which is on the east side. Normally we would drop down at Holbrook and go through Payson.

Now there are EA chargers at Payson, Show Low, and Globe. So last April we took our "normal" route and turned off of 40 at Holbrook and went through Payson. The only thing to watch for with this route is going back home you are headed up hill. The leg from Payson through Holbrook, to Gallup is a long leg. About 192 miles between chargers with several thousand feet of elevation. We were able to do that leg in our Rivian, but not in our E-tron for example. The Lucid should be fine, but add some extra buffer.

Definitely check PlugShare for the recent status of chargers before heading out. Usually these chargers are reliable, but I've seen bad reports from time to time.
Thanks that's great info mine live in Surprise. Maybe this spring when I get the snow tires taken off. I just downloaded the plugshare app.

Back