Negotiations on Tesla opening superchargers: thought it was further along

Can you imagine way back if the Ford model T built gas stations with a proprietary nozzle? When we have standard for gasoline car nozzles, it is about time for us in the US to mandate CCS standard for all the current and existing chargers and have adapters for others sockets.

Can you imagine way back if the Ford model T built gas stations with a proprietary nozzle? When we have standard for gasoline car nozzles, it is about time for us in the US to mandate CCS standard for all the current and existing chargers and have adapters for others sockets.
Oh - I wasn't even born during that time. So, I can't imagine.. Just joking ;)
If they did open we would be complaining how it doesn't charge as marketed, right...

I thought Musk hated government funds 😄

I want to be happy about this announcement, but I tend not to believe that it will happen based on the amount of times we have heard this before. I really hope I’m wrong.

This sums up the potential issues well. Eg. I don't think the cable will make it to the Lucid if the charger is in front of the car like most Supercharger locations

I don’t trust Elon Musk. He will find a way to hype this to the moon while charging non Tesla cars exorbitant prices !

So Elon tweeted the plan to grow the super charger network size by double by 2024. The latest news was saying Tesla would built out 7000 chargers and I think 3000 would be super chargers other 4000 would be destination chargers.

It does seem that’s tesla entire network in US so it’s likely not just a subset it will be all.

Quick stats on current t size:

There are 1,498 Tesla Superchargers locations in the United States as of September 28, 2022. The state with the most number of Tesla Superchargers locations in the US is California, with 305 locations, which is about 20% of all Tesla Superchargers locations in the

Also Kyle connnor and the flasch on twitter say 800v architecture should be compatible with Tesla super charger so I don’t believe Lucid folks will be left out also Len from lucid tweeted the news so seems this is going to be something good:

Also Kyle connnor and the flasch on twitter say 800v architecture should be compatible with Tesla super charger so I don’t believe Lucid folks will be left out also Len from lucid tweeted the news so seems this is going to be something good:
They will be compatible for sure but they won’t pull the speed the charger can deliver. On 400v chargers the Lucid will pull max 50Kw, Taycan 50Kw (or 150Kw if inverter upgraded), Ioniq 5 150Kw, EV6 150Kw etc.

So Elon tweeted the plan to grow the super charger network size by double by 2024. The latest news was saying Tesla would built out 7000 chargers and I think 3000 would be super chargers other 4000 would be destination chargers.

It does seem that’s tesla entire network in US so it’s likely not just a subset it will be all.
I have the impression that the numbers publishes are the number of chargers, not the number of charging locations.

They will be compatible for sure but they won’t pull the speed the charger can deliver. On 400v chargers the Lucid will pull max 50Kw, Taycan 50Kw (or 150Kw if inverter upgraded), Ioniq 5 150Kw, EV6 150Kw etc.
I asked a Couple folks on this and they disagree I think it will get full speed

I asked a Couple folks on this and they disagree I think it will get full speed
Good for them. Maybe they should watch the Lucid Tech Talk on charging and also study what 800v EV’s do to boost up the 400v charger.

Pulled straight from the Tech Talk

BC0679E5-A778-4D24-8F47-FEF0445CBE8C.jpeg

A 400v DC fast charger can only deliver up to 50Kw on the Lucid

Good for them. Maybe they should watch the Lucid Tech Talk on charging and also study what 800v EV’s do to boost up the 400v charger.

Pulled straight from the Tech Talk

View attachment 9818
A 400v DC fast charger can only deliver up to 50Kw on the Lucid
It’s not really legacy it’s Tesla supercharger 250kw

It’s not really legacy it’s Tesla supercharger 250kw
Tesla Superchargers are 400v DC chargers.

This shows the Taycan using a Supercharger and it didn’t go above 150Kw which is what the Taycan can charge at on a 400v charger. We all know the Taycan can get into big 200’s on 1000v chargers

Tesla Superchargers are 400v DC chargers.

This shows the Taycan using a Supercharger and it didn’t go above 150Kw which is what the Taycan can charge at on a 400v charger. We all know the Taycan can get into big 200’s on 1000v chargers

Great source here so they did at least hit 150kw which i think would be on par with the more broken EA chargers. Something better than nothing.

Great source here so they did at least hit 150kw which i think would be on par with the more broken EA chargers. Something better than nothing.
That’s a paid upgrade to the Taycan inverter. Standard is 50Kw I believe, just like Lucid.

That’s a paid upgrade to the Taycan inverter. Standard is 50Kw I believe, just like Lucid.
And I supposed there is no supercharger on the car to convert that 50kw then like the Taycan?

Back