NACS and Vehicle to Home, to Load, to Grid implementations

DeaneG

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT, XC40 P8 EV
Referral Code
3OKY7YGA
I'm thinking the NACS transition is going to delay future Vehicle to Home power delivery implementations (also V2 Load and V2 Grid) by EV automakers, possibly including Lucid. The transition could render obsolete some of the work manufacturers have already done, and they'll have to wait for the dust to settle on the development of new standards.

I'm thinking the NACS transition is going to delay future Vehicle to Home power delivery implementations (also V2 Load and V2 Grid) by EV automakers, possibly including Lucid. The transition could render obsolete some of the work manufacturers have already done, and they'll have to wait for the dust to settle on the development of new standards.
I certainly hope that is not the case. My wife's Genesis GV60 already has V2L capability and came with the necessary adapter. I'm not sure what is holding up the V2H at this point but if I have to guess I would say it is some combination of the state bureaucracy and the utilities dragging their feet although I can't imagine why.

It's true that Tesla is anti-birectional charging but the NACS does allow it.

People have been doing Ford CCS to Home fine so that should continue until Ford cars come with NACS and no longer CCS in 2025.

I assume that is the delay to make sure bi-directional NACS will be ready in 1.5 years instead of now.

I certainly hope that is not the case. My wife's Genesis GV60 already has V2L capability and came with the necessary adapter. I'm not sure what is holding up the V2H at this point but if I have to guess I would say it is some combination of the state bureaucracy and the utilities dragging their feet although I can't imagine why.
Because power utilities are not happy with competitors (home owners).

Back