My Air Grand Touring is no longer accepting a charge

STOCKacts

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
unfortunately my freshly delivered Lucid Air Grand Touring has stopped accepting a charge. Not sure what went wrong, was working just fine until yesterday. When plugged in at home, my mobile charger lights up a constant white, indicating it’s ready to charge. As soon as it’s clicked into the lucid, it flashes red. Happens on both 220 and 110 outlets. I tried to fast charge at EA but the vehicle wouldn’t accept the charge. The session kept timing out. Lucid is aware of the issue and will be picking my vehicle up for repair.

Other issues I had when delivered include imperfections in the paint, the soft close door not functioning on rear passenger door, and a cut in the steering wheel.

The second day I had it while driving home from Houston the car went into turtle mode, and I lost all acceleration . The car started slowing down to a complete stop. The car remained on but would not move. I had to call tech support and they instructed me to restart the vehicle which cleared the issue. Still not sure why it happened to begin with.

Now my wife is upset and is second thinking our purchase which is a shame because we really enjoy the vehicle when it works. I’m hoping for a quick fix. Lucid has offered to cover a rental and fuel costs in the meantime.

Attachments

• 54E74BB0-D8A6-4ACF-9961-5A21D6263DE8.jpeg
    54E74BB0-D8A6-4ACF-9961-5A21D6263DE8.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 133
This should be a really quick fix; it's likely just the charge port. Just have your wife drive it again when you get it back and all will be well. :)

unfortunately my freshly delivered Lucid Air Grand Touring has stopped accepting a charge. Not sure what went wrong, was working just fine until yesterday. When plugged in at home, my mobile charger lights up a constant white, indicating it’s ready to charge. As soon as it’s clicked into the lucid, it flashes red. Happens on both 220 and 110 outlets. I tried to fast charge at EA but the vehicle wouldn’t accept the charge. The session kept timing out. Lucid is aware of the issue and will be picking my vehicle up for repair.

Other issues I had when delivered include imperfections in the paint, the soft close door not functioning on rear passenger door, and a cut in the steering wheel.

The second day I had it while driving home from Houston the car went into turtle mode, and I lost all acceleration . The car started slowing down to a complete stop. The car remained on but would not move. I had to call tech support and they instructed me to restart the vehicle which cleared the issue. Still not sure why it happened to begin with.

Now my wife is upset and is second thinking our purchase which is a shame because we really enjoy the vehicle when it works. I’m hoping for a quick fix. Lucid has offered to cover a rental and fuel costs in the meantime.
How many red flashes did you see on the mobile charger? The error codes are shown below:
1667522548456.png

what kind of charger? and do you use it to charge anything else

Had similar issue with blinking red LUCID on charger at home. Was instructed to bring the charging cable to Costa Mesa service center to test. Yup it was a defective cable and they gave Juno 🐻‍❄️ (AGT) a replacement. It now is working properly. Hopefully it’s a simple fix for you. Enjoy your new Air Grand Touring !

My lucid was delivered back to me today. Within 1 hour of having it it is now being towed back to Houston. They managed to fix the charging issue by replacing an internal cable but I am having more sever issues now. Turtle mode, drive system fault, lane departure failure. Oh well.

Attachments

• 67A23F20-A55A-4EFD-A306-E92E17C02A12.jpeg
    67A23F20-A55A-4EFD-A306-E92E17C02A12.jpeg
    915 KB · Views: 113
Gosh, so sorry to hear that. Let’s hope that LUCID can fix those issues so that you can experience your Air Touring soon !
I was told my HV Battery needs to be replaced. Im hoping my vehicle will be returned early December.

I was told my HV Battery needs to be replaced. Im hoping my vehicle will be returned early December.
That sucks! At least early December isn’t far away but these failures are disappointing especially right around the holidays. How many miles does your car have?

Awful news. Remaining hopeful that they can resolve these issues for you. Having sound blank out as I and others have experienced, necessitating a reset is one thing, not being able to drive it is something entirely different.

Back