Motor Trend Video - Plaid vs Sapphire

Summary

Finally, we can put to rest the debate of drag stripping the Sapphire vs Model S. Sapphire's acceleration numbers are higher at the 1/4 mile that a speed limited Model S would have unlikely beat it. Either way, Tesla did not supply the track package, so for those bent on a comparison of that one will have to continue to wait.

We even get driving dynamics are better in the Sapphire than the Model S according to this reviewer's informed opinion. There are no objective lap times, only subjective opinions of the reporter.

Summary

Finally, we can put to rest the debate of drag stripping the Sapphire vs Model S. Sapphire's acceleration numbers are higher at the 1/4 mile that a speed limited Model S would have unlikely beat it. Either way, Tesla did not supply the track package, so for those bent on a comparison of that one will have to continue to wait.

We even get driving dynamics are better in the Sapphire than the Model S according to this reviewer's informed opinion. There are no objective lap times, only subjective opinions of the reporter.
Yep! Also, multiple videos online show a track pack Plaid running around the low 15 sec mark for 1/2 mile at high 170s. Even with track pack and unlocked top speed the Plaid is seeing Sapphire tail lights

I loved this video and am super excited by the Sapphire... the caveat here is, you can buy two fully-loaded model S plaid's for the price of 1 Sapphire 😂

It damn well better be the superior vehicle in every aspect! I am so eager to see that gorgeous color in person.

I loved this video and am super excited by the Sapphire... the caveat here is, you can buy two fully-loaded model S plaid's for the price of 1 Sapphire 😂

It damn well better be the superior vehicle in every aspect! I am so eager to see that gorgeous color in person.
I've seen one so far...gorgeous!

Yes, but for that price you do get a real, actual interior, fwiw. :)

The Sapphire is masterfully engineered. Not that many will track it but it would be good to know its lap time at Nurburgring, especially versus the Taycan top-end model.

To be fair, if you got a GT the price difference wouldn’t be as insane as it once was and the only thing you give up is acceleration.

Back