Most reliable mode for music listening.

All the more reason to have the USB connectivity work with Android Auto/ Apple CarPlay ASAP.
Wireless CarPlay will also work wonders for quality. I've been messing with every single streaming source I can on the car. Will be posting about it soon.

@bunnylebowski I may need your help testing this out if you're game. Could get @borski once he's back too.

Wireless CarPlay will also work wonders for quality. I've been messing with every single streaming source I can on the car. Will be posting about it soon.

@bunnylebowski I may need your help testing this out if you're game. Could get @borski once he's back too.
Sure I’m game. Send me a message.

I can see it now. We will be forever using the "clicker" for the garage door and wearing headphones to listen to music.

Don’t be so spoiled. I remember tiny 45 record players you stored in the glove box! 😊

By the way, it’s not like CarPlay is all that wonderful. In the Lucid app for Tidal the functionality itself is in some ways better than CarPlay, as in CarPlay I wasn’t able to search for song or albums whereas you can search in the Lucid. Neither Lucid nor CarPlay allow you to like songs in Tidal and add them to your playlist, gotta use the phone for that. The main reason the CarPlay app is better is you can view individual songs within playlists, whereas you can’t in the Lucid app, which is annoying. And of course the sound quality issue, but supposedly update 1.2.5 is solving that. I suspect the Tidal team had a stern phone call with Lucid saying it was bad for business to not be able to deliver their higher quality/higher price audio.

Last edited:
By the way, it’s not like CarPlay is all that wonderful. In the Lucid app for Tidal the functionality itself is in some ways better than CarPlay, as in CarPlay I wasn’t able to search for song or albums whereas you can search in the Lucid. Neither Lucid nor CarPlay allow you to like songs in Tidal and add them to your playlist, gotta use the phone for that. The main reason the CarPlay app is better is you can view individual songs within playlists, whereas you can’t in the Lucid app, which is annoying. And of course the sound quality issue, but supposedly update 1.2.5 is solving that. I suspect the Tidal team had a stern phone call with Lucid saying it was bad for business to not be able to deliver their higher quality/higher price audio.
You can view songs within playlists in the Lucid car app. Once you start playing a playlist, hit the little icon that looks like a queue, and it will bring up the list of songs.

You can view songs within playlists in the Lucid car app. Once you start playing a playlist, hit the little icon that looks like a queue, and it will bring up the list of songs.
That worked, thanks!

I did a little 3 way comparison with a track I know extremely well because I was in the studio when it was mixed in its original 24bit/96khz format (Jon Brion’s score for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind).

Here’s what I observed:
- In Tidal, the car’s app sound quality is OK, just fine for non-critical listening.
- As some genius members of this forum discovered, if you say “Hey Alexa play”… and then say what you want it to play, it somehow unlocks a music GOD MODE and the music quality is literally indistinguishable from what was heard in the studio when the song was first recorded. I’m literally in disbelief, as this is the first time I’ve ever heard a car accurately reproduce a film score and got goosebumps. I don’t know how it does it (all films are encoded in Dolby Digital but that’s once the Printmaster is made, whereas this sounded like the pre-printmaster uncompressed audio), but it works, and it turns the audio system in this car to the best car audio I’ve ever heard. What sorcery is this?
-If you try to stream the identical track over Bluetooth, it worked for me but didn’t sound quite as good as whatever the hell this “Hey Alexa play…” golden ears mode is, but it’s better than using the car’s Tidal app.

This is all confusing to me. But if CarPlay doesn’t fix it all then I’m going to use “Hey Alexa play…” for the rest of my life and not complain that it’s an annoying workaround because the results are worth it!
Hey @bunnylebowski-I only saw a 1-month free Tidal trial when I subscribed. Not a big deal since I can get a super military discount on HiFi Plus after my trial. Of course I may stick with Amazon music after reading your Hey Alexa writeup...if I can ever get my GT to load Alexa.

Ah that was ages ago that Hey Alexa played good resolution audio, back in the days when Tidal itself barely worked. What software are you on? Now Tidal works (usually) and is high resolution. Also sometimes the software updates log you out of Alexa so you have to have it enabled on your phone then log into Alexa in the car. Maybe try that if it’s not working?

Ah that was ages ago that Hey Alexa played good resolution audio, back in the days when Tidal itself barely worked. What software are you on? Now Tidal works (usually) and is high resolution. Also sometimes the software updates log you out of Alexa so you have to have it enabled on your phone then log into Alexa in the car. Maybe try that if it’s not working?
Just got .15

Back