• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

model 3 review - 4 years on

I've also owned mine for nearly four years, and am eager to replace it. Primary reasons are a rough noisy ride with a few buzzes and rattles, cheap interior, no 360-degree parking cams, no blind spot warning in side mirrors, no automatic rear cross-traffic/pedestrian braking. I think most people assume that Teslas are ahead of other cars in technology, but IMO that's only true in powertrain efficiency and ease of road-trip charging. Like someone new to smartphones who wants an iPhone without realizing there are alternative phones with feature sets that may better suit their needs. Tesla is well behind other automakers in creature comforts and driver safety aids. I too was in the "Full Self Driving" beta, but opted back out after my car turned suddenly toward a raised median divider filled with trees and tried to accelerate into it. Any car with forward-looking LIDAR would not have made this mistake.

is the water coming down the back windshield to the trunk still an issue on M3? i would have hoped they fixed that issue by now.

as somebody who has never even driven a model 3, I was pretty horrified. of course now I need to go check outside and see how the AGT handles it ;)

is the water coming down the back windshield to the trunk still an issue on M3? i would have hoped they fixed that issue by now.
It doesn't rain enough where I live to know. :(

Last edited:
We have had our M3 for about 3 1/2 years and really have no complaints. Absolutely no issues just normal maintenance, no rattles or annoying noises. The ride isn’t particularly quiet (road noise) or smooth (ride on bumpy roads), but we didn’t think we were buying a luxury car. The fuel efficiency still meets the EPA range rating and far exceeds the MPGe rating. We are at a lifetime average 243Wh/mile (4.12 mi/kWh). The EPA range rating was 310 miles on a 75kWh battery or 242Wh/mile (4.13 mi/kWh). The EPA MPGe rating was 290Wh/mile (3.45 mi/kWh).

I’m looking forward to getting the AGT, but it will be a few years of software updates to get all the features working properly, just like we experienced with the M3.

Last edited:
Back