Mobile service front license plate experience

I will just keep the default plate and order stick on for the front because I plan on coast to coast drive from Fremont, CA to DC in late May June. Having a stick on plate in the front will raise fewer questions. White will be OK on Fathom Blue. If the car was dark color, black for sure would look better.

I will just keep the default plate and order stick on for the front because I plan on coast to coast drive from Fremont, CA to DC in late May June. Having a stick on plate in the front will raise fewer questions. White will be OK on Fathom Blue. If the car was dark color, black for sure would look better.
What is a “stick on” plate and how is it different from the drilled standard plate or the one being described on this thread?

Only legal in a few places.

Interesting that so many states do not require front lic plate.

"The laws from your state apply to your car as long as it is legally registered in your state, no matter where in the US you might happen to be. My home state, Missouri, has switched back and forth between issuing one and two plates over the years, and currently requires two."

"The law only applies to residents of that state who live in that state and have their vehicle registered at an address in that state. As long as you are just passing through for visiting then you are fine as long as you meet the requirements for your state. If you choose to move to another state, you are obligated to register your vehicle in the new state and comply with all their laws."

I see. If so, can I use the default plate in the back and order black stick on in the front ?
You will get default Waite plates from the CA DMV as Lucid processes the registration. I put the default white one on the back to replace the temporary and requested the black ones. Once the black ones arrived, I replaced the white one and ordered the wrap. You will have a black on both the front and back. You cannot have a white one on the back and Black on front. In fact, the wrap company contacts the DMV and wants a picture of your plate so they know it is identical.

I had no front plate for months in CA until the wrap finally arrived. Of course it is always possible to get a “fix-it“ ticket in the meantime. If you are not driving the car in CA, lacking a front plate is not going to be an issue in another state since you are “out of state”.

I went 3 years with my previous car in VA with no front license plate. I did have a license plate holder that attached to the front tow hook along with my front license plate in the trunk that I never had to show or use. I don’t have one on my Lucid. It’s a $50 fine. There are a lot of cars without front license plates.

You will get default Waite plates from the CA DMV as Lucid processes the registration. I put the default white one on the back to replace the temporary and requested the black ones. Once the black ones arrived, I replaced the white one and ordered the wrap. You will have a black on both the front and back. You cannot have a white one on the back and Black on front. In fact, the wrap company contacts the DMV and wants a picture of your plate so they know it is identical.
Thank you for the clear explanation.

Back