Mobile key working like a champ

coma24

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT, Honda S2K AP1
As a newcomer to the forum a month or two ago, my expectations for the vehicle with regards to the fob and mobile key were set super low. It seemed like every post regarding either one of them painted a picture of a very sketchy, unreliable experience. Certainly, YT videos with first-time impressions pointed to issues with the key.

I'm delighted to report as an Android user that I haven't had a single issue with mobile key not working correctly. Not ONCE. The car generally opens the door as I approach the vehicle, or worse case, I wait for ~5 seconds near the door. I have never once had to resort to using the app to open the door, or taken the phone out of my pocket. I leave the fob at home and just bring the flat key card (in my wallet) as a backup should my phone die or get lost.

So, if you're on the fence about the car and are scared off by the horror stories about the fob...don't worry about it (at least for Android!) because the mobile key is working like a champ, every time....for me.....for now :)

All the problems come to this forum! It isn't really a representative sample.

As a newcomer to the forum a month or two ago, my expectations for the vehicle with regards to the fob and mobile key were set super low. It seemed like every post regarding either one of them painted a picture of a very sketchy, unreliable experience. Certainly, YT videos with first-time impressions pointed to issues with the key.

I'm delighted to report as an Android user that I haven't had a single issue with mobile key not working correctly. Not ONCE. The car generally opens the door as I approach the vehicle, or worse case, I wait for ~5 seconds near the door. I have never once had to resort to using the app to open the door, or taken the phone out of my pocket. I leave the fob at home and just bring the flat key card (in my wallet) as a backup should my phone die or get lost.

So, if you're on the fence about the car and are scared off by the horror stories about the fob...don't worry about it (at least for Android!) because the mobile key is working like a champ, every time....for me.....for now :)
What Android phone are you using? My Pixel 6a works well most of the time, but not 100%. Sometimes, I have to unlock the phone for the car to unlock the doors

What Android phone are you using? My Pixel 6a works well most of the time, but not 100%. Sometimes, I have to unlock the phone for the car to unlock the doors
S24 ultra, I made sure to grant all the background permissions, too.

When I first got my Air, the mobile key worked about 2/3 of the time. They must have updated the app/key, because it's working seamlessly 90%+ of the time, and for 8% of the time, I just need to wake up my phone.

The other 2% of the time it takes forever, and it seems to happen only when it rains :)

One thing, when I approach the car from the back and want to open the trunk, it doesn't recognize the key, I have to walk closer to the driver's door to unlock everything. Not sure if anyone has seen this, or has any advice how to resolve (aside from walking to the front of the car).

When I first got my Air, the mobile key worked about 2/3 of the time. They must have updated the app/key, because it's working seamlessly 90%+ of the time, and for 8% of the time, I just need to wake up my phone.
Yup, seems like there have been little key recognition improvements trickling out for a while.
One thing, when I approach the car from the back and want to open the trunk, it doesn't recognize the key, I have to walk closer to the driver's door to unlock everything. Not sure if anyone has seen this, or has any advice how to resolve (aside from walking to the front of the car).
That's a common issue. Apparently there isn't an antenna in the trunk, so you either get lucky and your signal reaches a side antenna, or you don't. I think some people have seen a bit of an improvement after getting their antennas replaced, but yeah, the solution is to just walk to the side first. Or use Siri or whatever as you're walking up to the car - that's what I do when I'm approaching with my hands full of groceries.

Makes sense. This may be a noob question, but how do you set up Siri to open the trunk?

Makes sense. This may be a noob question, but how do you set up Siri to open the trunk?
These should be enabled by default. Check your Lucid app settings > Siri.
IMG_1064.png

I'm still looking for the Assistant voice actions in the Android version of Lucid's phone app.

I have an iPhone. Not very reliable unfortunately
I do the same thing as the OP on my Genesis. Set up the IPhone as the key but I tested the card and made sure it works and then put it in an RFID blocking pouch inside my wallet as a backup. I have never had to use the card but I trust the phone to work all the time less than I trust the car.

I have a Pixel 7 and it works almost every time. Occasionally if I have the app closed I need to take the phone out of my pocket. One time I wanted to get something out of the car and didn't have my phone with me. Instead of going back inside I went to use the emergency key card. That didn't work. I didn't get a chance to test it further as my wife walked past with a fob on her pocket.

Mobile key always works. The question is how long does it take for the car to unlock. When it is freezing, snowing, or raining 5 secs seems an eternity.

Sometimes, waiting for my car to unlock makes it appear as if I am up to no good.

It works very consistently for me too, but the fob does wake it up faster. So if I'm carrying my purse, I leave the fob in there. If I'm not, I just take my phone now.

Back