Minor Interior Cosmetic Issue

donfenn

Verified Owner
Cars
Pure AWD, Fathom Blue.
I went to adjust the temp button and a small flakes of metal on the M of TEMP imprint came off on my finger.. Sent photos to service center.. Will be curious if this is a simple button to replace

15302AAF-AC96-41D5-8557-C92896057250_1_201_a.jpeg

I went to adjust the temp button and a small flakes of metal on the M of TEMP imprint came off on my finger.. Sent photos to service center.. Will be curious if this is a simple button to replace

View attachment 15297
Many of us have experienced this, unfortunately. And it’s not easy to replace. All those buttons are on a single part, and the whole thing needs to be replaced. Which requires a lot of disassembly.

That is what I am hearing from Lucid... They need to take the entire piece out... 2 hour job at the Lucid loction... 1st appointment is November 1st... so a month out.

That is what I am hearing from Lucid... They need to take the entire piece out... 2 hour job at the Lucid loction... 1st appointment is November 1st... so a month out.
Minor trim issue so really no urgency.

It seems like the type of thing that mobile service should be able to handle so I'm curious why people had to take it in.

I have a small question about this.

Why are these switches not real metal instead of a plastic piece that will obviously feel less solid, with less heft compared to metal? All of Lucid's other materials are great feeling and also have great fit and finish, so I don't think that it was for cost cutting. It seems that those "metal" painted pieces are all plastic, for example near the steering wheel knobs as well as the trim surrounding the wood. However, to my knowledge EVERY SINGLE other material is real and feels great(except for purluxe, thats artificial though).

Just luck of the draw. My buttons look the same from 2 years ago.

Somewhat off-topic and speaking of those switches, mine buzz/rattle a bit over certain roads. Service was able to reproduce the problem, but they though it was the dash area above the switches. But by gentle holding onto the bottoms of the switches (gently as to not activate them), I can make the rattle go away. It's a very low volume rattle. I was delaying taking the car in to have it looked at, but if they have to do a 2 hour replacement, I'll wait a bit.

For such a high frequency item, I, too, am surprised by their feel. From a trim perspective, this and the door handles were my only complaint!

Back