Midsize platform coming in late 2026--per Electrek

Zinee

Member

Joined
Nov 14, 2024
Messages
54
Reaction score
69
Cars
'24 Pure

Article says, per interim CEO, platform is coming late 2026 with production the following year. "Lucid has “three top hats” in the works, two of which will launch relatively close to each other. The third will follow shortly after."
 
Well if we can learn anything from Gravity it will be a 2027 model and probably not really ramp up until 2028 😐
 
^very accurate! My wife just leased a model Y. The lucid Midsize is next so this timeline works perfectly for us.
 
That’s the problem. Lucid ideally needed to get this delivering next year. Especially given the R2 is just around the corner as well.
Apple also isn’t always first. But they are usually not the worst, either. Lucid isn’t Apple, but I’m not counting them out from pulling out yet another magic trick.
 
Although, with their recent acquisition of the Nikola factory that could accelerate the timeline to meet that late ‘26 time frame. The interim CEO did say they will use that as their pilot line for first models. With a reveal scheduled for later this year, I could see them do a strong roll out a year later.
 
The memes size is still a plan
We have not seen the concept or the specifications

I think we could see something in late 2025 or early 2026 but the mass production is like late 2028 based on Lucid time line

The gravity is low volume car and it seems that they will not hit equilibrium of demand and supply until end of 2026 or Q2 2027

This is just my predictions based on what I read and see
 

Article says, per interim CEO, platform is coming late 2026 with production the following year. "Lucid has “three top hats” in the works, two of which will launch relatively close to each other. The third will follow shortly after."
indeed...but of course...you have to find a hi-speed charger that works.
 
indeed...but of course...you have to find a hi-speed charger that works.
Charger reliability seems to be steadily improving. I live in California, and there seem to be a lot of reliable chargers available. The problem seems to be charger congestion more than reliability. Other locales are doubtless different.
 
lucky you in CA. here in CT fast chargers (especially those that work)are few and far between. It's a shame our current administration os so short sighted about the need to improve this infrastructure.
 
lucky you in CA. here in CT fast chargers (especially those that work)are few and far between. It's a shame our current administration os so short sighted about the need to improve this infrastructure.
There aren't many Tesla stations near you?
 
That’s the problem. Lucid ideally needed to get this delivering next year. Especially given the R2 is just around the corner as well.
I don’t think a Lucid crossover is a direct competitor to the Rivian R2 with its fan base of true off-roaders. I just don’t see those being cross shopped. The new BMW, yes indeed, but so far BMW EVs disappoint with horrible range and horrible styling.
 
Apple also isn’t always first. But they are usually not the worst, either. Lucid isn’t Apple, but I’m not counting them out from pulling out yet another magic trick.
I don’t trust management…..they will drag this one just like the Gravity and Air releases. You would think they would start delivering at least end of 2026. If it’s 2027, they would need another reverse stock split!.

The Gravity Touring production happening now is what they said they would do. So, one time in 5 years they actually meet their goals and everyone think it’s magic?
 
I don’t trust management…..they will drag this one just like the Gravity and Air releases. You would think they would start delivering at least end of 2026. If it’s 2027, they would need another reverse stock split!.

The Gravity Touring production happening now is what they said they would do. So, one time in 5 years they actually meet their goals and everyone think it’s magic?
You really should consider selling your stake in LCID and moving on. Or start wrapping your head around the concept of a long-term investment. Otherwise, you’re just going to drive the rest of us to drink with the same endless comments.

We get it; you lost money. Welcome to the club.
 
I don’t trust management…..they will drag this one just like the Gravity and Air releases. You would think they would start delivering at least end of 2026. If it’s 2027, they would need another reverse stock split!.

The Gravity Touring production happening now is what they said they would do. So, one time in 5 years they actually meet their goals and everyone think it’s magic?
Okay.
 
I don’t think a Lucid crossover is a direct competitor to the Rivian R2 with its fan base of true off-roaders. I just don’t see those being cross shopped. The new BMW, yes indeed, but so far BMW EVs disappoint with horrible range and horrible styling.
I'll agree with you that the iX styling my not be everyone's cup of tea, but in testing and in anecdotal owner reports (including my own rental of one) it meets or outperforms its EPA rating.
 
You really should consider selling your stake in LCID and moving on. Or start wrapping your head around the concept of a long-term investment. Otherwise, you’re just going to drive the rest of us to drink with the same endless comments.

We get it; you lost money. Welcome to the club.
That is reality. I’m not a Lucid fanboy to go around ignoring their deficiencies.
 
That is reality. I’m not a Lucid fanboy to go around ignoring their deficiencies.
It's not so much that others ignore Lucid's deficiencies. More that they don't keep reiterating the same list of shortcomings every time they speak.
 
Back
Top