Making native navigation search better!

AlignTrex

Found this cool feature. When searching for something, the native navigation in Lucid does not work well. For example, I was looking for dinner and the nearest Hu Hot restaurant was 78 miles away when using the Lucid maps search.

IMG_5937.jpeg

I knew there was a closer location near me so I searched through Apple Maps and there it was. Less than 2 miles from where I was at.

IMG_5932.png

You could share the location and it will pop up on the Lucid screen.

IMG_5935.jpeg

I didn’t know you could do this!

Yes. Our native map software is made by HERE, which is, well, crap.
If I feel like using it, I always send places to it instead of relying on it to search.
If you are going somewhere entirely unfamiliar, I use Waze via CarPlay.

It does seem odd that
Yes. Our native map software is made by HERE, which is, well, crap.
If I feel like using it, I always send places to it instead of relying on it to search.
If you are going somewhere entirely unfamiliar, I use Waze via CarPlay.
It's really strange how it almost always recommends someplace miles away and overlooks the local store. For those of us who don't have CarPlay, my workaround for now is to ask it for the name of the place in the town I know it is in, like Costco in San Marcos instead of just Costco.

It does seem odd that

It's really strange how it almost always recommends someplace miles away and overlooks the local store. For those of us who don't have CarPlay, my workaround for now is to ask it for the name of the place in the town I know it is in, like Costco in San Marcos instead of just Costco.
Or why not Costco in Carlsbad!

A couple months ago I was sitting in a grocery store parking lot. I knew there was a Home Depot nearby, but forgot whether it was up the street, or down the street. I asked Alexa to navigate to Home Depot, and it recommended only stores that were over 200 miles away.

Here's what happened when I tried to search for a restaurant that is 1.8 miles from my house. I will never, ever buy a car with HERE maps again.

Aqui.jpg

A couple months ago I was sitting in a grocery store parking lot. I knew there was a Home Depot nearby, but forgot whether it was up the street, or down the street. I asked Alexa to navigate to Home Depot, and it recommended only stores that were over 200 miles away.

Here's what happened when I tried to search for a restaurant that is 1.8 miles from my house. I will never, ever buy a car with HERE maps again.

View attachment 20945
You're gonna need to charge a few times to get there! 🤣

You're gonna need to charge a few times to get there! 🤣
It's a longer trip into the desert than I thought advisable.

Yeah and every now and then, the GPS gets the car's location wrong. Yesterday, while at a charging station, it showed my location about 20 miles away on a mountain!

You guys are complaining like it's the end of the world to input a city name...

To be fair to the folks in this post who have complained, the problem may be that one doesn't know that is what is necessary. My GV60P works pretty well in pulling up locations via voice but every now and then it fails. Yesterday I was meeting my son and family at a restaurant for breakfast: Vovomeena. It usually helps to add a city but in the case of Vovomeena, it didn't. No matter how carefully I spoke, it wanted to send me to a Volvo store. But overall it has been pretty good and reliable. Genesis uses Tom Tom maps instead of Here.

You can also use the Lucid App to search for locations and send it to the nav. The app uses Apple Maps if you have an iPhone.

Found this cool feature. When searching for something, the native navigation in Lucid does not work well. For example, I was looking for dinner and the nearest Hu Hot restaurant was 78 miles away when using the Lucid maps search.

View attachment 20933

I knew there was a closer location near me so I searched through Apple Maps and there it was. Less than 2 miles from where I was at.

View attachment 20934

You could share the location and it will pop up on the Lucid screen.

View attachment 20935

I didn’t know you could do this!
Only good for CarPlay users for us Android users not so much. I use Alexa in the car which has it's own challenges. I've learned to be as specific as possible when asking for directions. In one instance, I got a local restaurant and one in France by the same name. Can't recall which app I used , Alexa or car. Regardless , I found it extremely amusing.

Maybe the satnav is working so well it will blow all of our minds😀

Attachments

• IMG_8953.jpeg
    IMG_8953.jpeg
    39.5 KB · Views: 29
Adding the city name didn't help me.

Back