Lucids time is now

rgsuperdad@gmail

Tesla boys only talk down, look at the big stock holders, look what everyone of them did friday. They all invested even more in lucid. All the big boys bought more shares. They know a good thing when its happening. I dont listen to the tesla fan boys. They just cant admit theres a car out there better than what they have. (Until they get one) i do wonder how many are on teslas payroll.

By pretty much all accounts Lucid makes great cars. The question is the future finances of the company - certainly they'll keep selling cars but how many more sales to reach profitability, what's the cost vs revenue for Gravity and Mid car. There's a similar story for Rivian, where Rivian has more money in the bank than Lucid, reduction of costs lost over the past quarters but still not there; also there's no potential infinite investor behind them like the PIF. Tesla should be profitable for the foreseeable future - it's just they are way overvalued at $537B market cap as of now.

Tesla boys only talk down, look at the big stock holders, look what everyone of them did friday. They all invested even more in lucid. All the big boys bought more shares. They know a good thing when its happening. I dont listen to the tesla fan boys. They just cant admit theres a car out there better than what they have. (Until they get one) i do wonder how many are on teslas payroll.
As much as I'm a fan of Lucid, what? Can you please list all the "big stockholders" who invested even more in Lucid? To my knowledge, Lucid is a stock being heavily shorted right now and this narrative is just not correct in the greater scheme. And I say this as somebody whose portfolio is >40 percent LCID.

Also, can this be moved to the investor sub-forum?

As much as I'm a fan of Lucid, what? Can you please list all the "big stockholders" who invested even more in Lucid? To my knowledge, Lucid is a stock being heavily shorted right now and this narrative is just not correct in the greater scheme. And I say this as somebody whose portfolio is >40 percent LCID.

I’m hoping your portfolio is very small because having over 40% in any company is a bad idea.

I’m hoping your portfolio is very small because having over 40% in any company is a bad idea.
Yes, it is relatively very small. I won't disclose any exact numbers, but lets just say the total value of ALL my stocks right now are in the mid-high four figures. I have already got huge cash gains from the AI boom (sold), but I haven't decided what new stocks to put that new-founded money in yet. Therefore, this >40 percent number is inflated in the short term and will decrease once I figure out where to put my gains. If I were to put all that money into other stocks now, my portfolio excluding cash would have around 15-20 percent Lucid (yes, still a kind of high number.. but I just don't see it going down from this point. My cost basis sitting at about 3 dollars makes my risk/reward ratio relatively low, and I'm convinced this will pan out in the long term. I'm also thinking of it this way.. if I put in a good chunk of my money in Lucid, then I have huge potential to turn that into a meaningful amount for my college fund and post-college ventures. With a higher percentage of other stocks, although it is safer and I will still make money, there is little chance that it blossoms into a "meaningful" amount in the grand scheme, if that makes sense).

Last edited:
Smart, in my opinion, anyway i tried to find the article i read earlier and can't find it. It names citigroup, and several others that all increased the stock holdings in lucid on friday. Sounded very positive. Wish i could have found the article so i could post the link.

I'm also confused. Lucid was down 1.5% on Friday and 7% for the week? Are we supposed to be celebrating that? 🤣

Most confusing to me are the rumors of Apple talking to Rivian. From both a technical and a design perspective, an Apple/Lucid alliance makes much more sense. That said, the Rivian rumors are likely as not nothing more than a distraction.

I thought the modest share price drop was a pleasant surprise. While Lucid's delivery figures were pretty good, I was surprised that Lucid's revenue came in as high as it did, given the huge sale and lease incentives being handed out. If I recall correctly, the average revenue per delivered car only dropped Y-O-Y from $106k to $88k, and I cringe to think about when all those high lease residuals come to roost. That said, hopefully volumes and ASPs will continue to climb to a more reasonable level within the next 18 months.

It's usually old people who finally learn this, too late to make it work:
Vanguard Index 500
Dollar cost averaging
Time

Smart, in my opinion, anyway i tried to find the article i read earlier and can't find it. It names citigroup, and several others that all increased the stock holdings in lucid on friday. Sounded very positive. Wish i could have found the article so i could post the link.
I'd bet my car that citigroup, etal did not put 40% of their assets on LCID.

I know someone who put 50% of his net worth in Lucid and still buying more, he is holding a longtime and doesn’t want sell for at least 20 years
50%..?
Sorry 2 hear that. From investment standpoint, there are much safer bets for one to stick that $.

Guys, although I love Lucid and invested a small amount in the stock, this is a highly speculative stock. Only invest what you are willing to lose.

Every year, I pick a few long shot stocks and drop a little investment in them. Most go to zero but a couple have paid for all of the other losses. So invest wisely please.

On my EV plays, the only stock with a positive return has been GM for me. Luckily, that gain is offsetting the EV losses so far. :)

Back