Lucid wrecked in Bay Area

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s so sad. I hope the kid survived.

The police say he was going around 100 mph but who knows.

What a dumbass. Trying to outrun the cops for speeding is always a bad idea. They said the cop was going 100 when the Lucid was pulling away from him, then crashed on the ramp curve, so he was going well over 100. Yeah, I hope he's ok, but I also hope he never gets to drive again.

I saw the news last night and they hadn’t mentioned the brand yet, but I kept wondering if it was a Lucid due to the shape under the tarp 😮
Must be a tarp whisperer because how the hell does it even look like a Lucid under the tarp?

Must be a tarp whisperer because how the hell does it even look like a Lucid under the tarp?
The shape of it definitely looked like it could be a Lucid. It didn’t look like a Tesla, and since the News originally didn’t say Tesla and just said “electric” car I made an assumption it wasn’t.

Also want to add since I know we have owners from that area, I sincerely hope the kid is ok.

The shape of it definitely looked like it could be a Lucid. It didn’t look like a Tesla, and since the News originally didn’t say Tesla and just said “electric” car I made an assumption it wasn’t.
Makes sense you know what things look like under tarps.... 🔪

What a dumbass. Trying to outrun the cops for speeding is always a bad idea. They said the cop was going 100 when the Lucid was pulling away from him, then crashed on the ramp curve, so he was going well over 100. Yeah, I hope he's ok, but I also hope he never gets to drive again.
Another case of too much car not enough brain. Glad no one else was involved in the wreck.

Yes. Dumbass. All kids that age are dumbasses.
1712519969539.png

Oh wow. I work right off this exit and saw the wreckage yesterday. At first, I thought the homeless people were getting creative and built a covered houseboat in that pond, but then I saw what looked like the 19” inch lucid wheels on the side of the road. My brain was/is still trying to figure out what it saw, but now it makes more sense.

Can someone summarize? I’m in a place where I can’t watch a video with audio

I saw this on the local news last night. They mentioned it was an EV but not that it was a Lucid.

Its my understanding it was a young driver trying to run from the Highway Patrol. Apparently he was going well over 100 mph and couldn't negotiate the curve with his 19" all season tires.

Its my understanding it was a young driver trying to run from the Highway Patrol. Apparently he was going well over 100 mph and couldn't negotiate the curve with his 19" all season tires.
Likely would’ve been hard to negotiate a curve at >100mph on *any* tires without experience.

But yeah, heard.

You could tell the CHP officer interviewed was frustrated with the idea of having to deal with more crashes like this. With quick EVs driven by inexperienced drivers. I do like that he pointed out that they the officers will have to continue to go through advanced training and get access to specialized equipment.

It was weird seeing a pile of batteries swept to the side of the road…

Dumb kid trying to outrun the police at +100MPH on an exit!!! What parent lets a 20 something year old drive a super car? I'm just glad that no one else was hurt. Don't know the condition of the driver.

Dumb kid trying to outrun the police at +100MPH on an exit!!! What parent lets a 20 something year old drive a super car? I'm just glad that no one else was hurt. Don't know the condition of the driver.
20 somethings in that area prob own their own company and bought that Lucid with cash… maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back