Lucid versus BMW! Hagerty U Drag!

I actually thought the Lucid performed pretty well for having all seasons
10.9 @ 127 mph is nothing to be ashamed of
With good traction 127 mph is good for deep 10’s for sure a 10.6 or 10.7

Unless they did this back to back with the Corvette one, haven't they had a month to procure a set of 21s?
Screenshot_20230528-145352.png
Screenshot_20230528-145407.png
Screenshot_20230528-145433.png

That's their take. There might be more but that covers it.🙂

They will slap a set of 17s on the Sapphire...

Actually for a straight line acceleration (example 1/4 mile) lighter smaller diameter wheels with sticky meatier tires with more sidewall is desirable… as long as they clear the brakes

Actually for a straight line acceleration (example 1/4 mile) lighter smaller diameter wheels with sticky meatier tires with more sidewall is desirable… as long as they clear the brakes
Sure, but as soon as there’s a turn…

Physics is a B***h!

I do not like the M8 (and did not like the M6), but loved my M5. The weight is just a difficult fact to overcome on any comparison involving hard braking and a turn(s). I would have liked to see the comparison to a GTP or Dream. The Sapphire is a different price point, but will be interesting as well.

The "off the line" difference also shocks me as that would not have been my expectation after owning both an M5 and the AGT.

I went to high school with a hall of fame football player (Floyd Little). The year after Floyd graduated he came back for a visit. He went out to the track with a friend and they ran a race. The friend came back and said he almost beat Floyd. None of us had the nerve to tell the guy that Floyd was wearing ankle weights.

Personally, I don't see the point of all these 0-60 runs. With few exceptions, EVs are plenty fast off the starting blocks. I am much more interested in how well the EV does at passing going uphill at highway speeds.
Which the AGT does incredibly well 😁. Still impressed by the near instant shift from 75 to 100 regardless of slope even when on smooth mode.

Back