Lucid versus BMW! Hagerty U Drag!

Why are they doing this AGAIN with 19" All Season tires?

Ugh, I wish they had done this on 21s. But the M8 is impressive af.

21s certainly. A notation or something to clarify would have been good on their chart. The Performance model may have been the fairer comparison, but the GT is certainly still impressive given the weight and tires used.

Kind of like putting an all state sprinter against Usan Bolt but then make Bolt wear converse tennis shoes. Why are they using the skinny hard compound 19s??

Kind of like putting an all state sprinter against Usan Bolt but then make Bolt wear converse tennis shoes. Why are they using the skinny hard compound 19s??
Because they have an agenda

Isn't the Sapphire targeted towards the M8 for handling, or was it a different car? There was an article about it somewhere.

Not quite. They stated anything other than what they had would've delayed delivery of (?) their car. There are planning more runs on the appropriate rubber

Unless they did this back to back with the Corvette one, haven't they had a month to procure a set of 21s?

Not quite. They stated anything other than what they had would've delayed delivery of (?) their car. There are planning more runs on the appropriate rubber.
When did they order? A year and a half ago? The big rubber has been available since the get go. I smell BS

That's the second vid from those guys i watched that the Lucid is slower from the dig. With an instant torque form Lucid, how is that possible?
I think @hydbob is right.

Kind of like putting an all state sprinter against Usan Bolt but then make Bolt wear converse tennis shoes.
I went to high school with a hall of fame football player (Floyd Little). The year after Floyd graduated he came back for a visit. He went out to the track with a friend and they ran a race. The friend came back and said he almost beat Floyd. None of us had the nerve to tell the guy that Floyd was wearing ankle weights.

Personally, I don't see the point of all these 0-60 runs. With few exceptions, EVs are plenty fast off the starting blocks. I am much more interested in how well the EV does at passing going uphill at highway speeds.

Remember what they did on iOS Carplay? They intentionally made Carplay on a Lucid Air look laggy. Then they make a tweet saying that "we didn't know that Linking my phone to the car while recording a 4k video would make the Carplay slow." But the damage had already been done.
This video is the same shitty practice.

Unless they did this back to back with the Corvette one, haven't they had a month to procure a set of 21s?

I can go back and see if you like. But YT is like kindergarten with kids strung out on Red Bull. I might look tomorrow.🙂

Back