Lucid to show midsize today?

midsize-teaser_0.webp

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I want to see if Lucid releases any final specs and trim content for the Gravity today.

I hope competing with Model Y will also mean 7 seater option.
Only if you can actually fit a person in the back haha unlike the 7 seat model Y

Only if you can actually fit a person in the back haha unlike the 7 seat model Y
I currently have a car that is slightly shorter than Model Y and still has 3rd row. Of course the 3rd row is not good enough for a tall adult to seat in a long trip. That's ok, it's not expected: it is expected to be very occasionally used when short adults or older kids will be sitting there.
There are dozen of similar size ICE 7 seater cars, and they are very popular in Europe: VW Tiguan Allspace, Skoda Kodiaq, Renault Espace, Nissan X-Trail, Seat Tarraco. Somehow everyone says "we build our new BEV car on the new fully electric platform", still can't give at least as much space withing the same dimensions as these ICE cars provide. Maybe Lucid will finally do this - they showed they can.

Does anyone remember that the Model S once had a third-row option? Talk about a misbegotten notion . . . .
Those jump seats were the best. I remember as a child riding in them in our old Volvo estate.

Those jump seats were the best. I remember as a child riding in them in our old Volvo estate.

We had a rear-facing seat in our 1963 Chevy II wagon, and they were a real hoot for my brother and me. However, those Model S jump seats were death traps, with the passengers' faces just inches from the rear window.

I would say I have no idea how they cleared safety regulations but, its being a Tesla, I doubt that was ever a consideration.

Agree... still remember as a kid riding in the back of my uncles Camry wagon (1993 I think?). Was always a blast.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I want to see if Lucid releases any final specs and trim content for the Gravity today.
Wasn’t the point of today’s event, which was all manufacturing and tech.

Basically getting rid of the “they lose 300k on every car” nonsense, the “lucid software sucks” trauma/narrative, and to showcase just how far ahead they are.

I imagine there will be a separate announcement (which I also want) with specs/trims.

Basically getting rid of the “they lose 300k on every car” nonsense, the “lucid software sucks” trauma/narrative, and to showcase just how far ahead they are.
Really felt like it.

The narrative has to change. Today was a good stab at it. Man I really wish I was there for everything that came after the presentation.

Wasn’t the point of today’s event, which was all manufacturing and tech.

I imagine there will be a separate announcement (which I also want) with specs/trims.

The opening words of the Lucid press release about the event were, "Lucid Showcases Gravity SUV". We're probably within 12 weeks of first deliveries, so It was not unreasonable to hope that something would be said about its final specs and features other than just the HUD.

Mercedes EQB currently sold in the USA with 7 seats as an option.
EQB overall length is 184.4"
Model Y overall length is 187"

Mercedes EQB currently sold in the USA with 7 seats as an option.
EQB overall length is 184.4"
Model Y overall length is 187"

I have a feeling that some of these SUV's have third-row seats for the same reason Porsche 911's and Lexus SC 400's had rear seats: marketing.

I have a feeling that some of these SUV's have third-row seats for the same reason Porsche 911's and Lexus SC 400's had rear seats: marketing.
I know many cases of practical usage (including ours). Again, it's not for daily usage, it's for occasional usage in relatively short trips.
The 3rd row is always optional in these cars, so those who have these cars with the 3rd row have it on purpose.

Back