Nice Lucid Review on Electrek

Another interesting Lucid review popped up on YouTube late last week. It was by "Tailosive EV", who occasionally borders on being a Tesla fanboy. He and his wife did their first ever test drive of a Lucid (a Pure RWD) and were very impressed. In fact, his wife caught him off guard by saying she thought their next EV should be a Lucid. He ended up concluding that Lucid's problem was being at a price point with relatively few EV buyers, not the car itself.

I've said it before, and I continue to think that Lucid's biggest problem right now is getting eyes on the car and butts in the seats. The car does a very good job of selling itself, and at its new price point the Pure seems on the way to becoming a real contender.

I was at that test drive event with them. Very nice couple, and they both REALLY LOVED the Lucid! I talked with them for about an hour before and after their test drive. They said it’s definitely their (her) next car. They loved the White Stealth Pure RWD. They both asked me a lot of questions regarding my ownership experience and were pleased with what they heard and experienced that day.

Drew Erickson has also posted a podcast in which he drilled down more on his visit to the Lucid event. As a hard-over Tesla fan who has occasionally dissed Lucid based on second-hand information and impressions, it's fascinating to watch the evolution of his views once personally experiencing a Lucid. As he says, just comparing Lucid to other cars through a spec sheet and then experiencing the Lucid inside the cabin and behind the wheel can be an eye-opener.

The Lucid discussion begins at 18:25:

Drew Erickson has also posted a podcast in which he drilled down more on his visit to the Lucid event. As a hard-over Tesla fan who has occasionally dissed Lucid based on second-hand information and impressions, it's fascinating to watch the evolution of his views once personally experiencing a Lucid. As he says, just comparing Lucid to other cars through a spec sheet and then experiencing the Lucid inside the cabin and behind the wheel can be an eye-opener.

You'd think that all these people bashing Lucid, especially podcasters and media folk, would, maybe, get a hands on experience first before jumping to any conclusions...really detracts from any credibility spouting off uneducated opinions on such matters.

You'd think that all these people bashing Lucid, especially podcasters and media folk, would, maybe, get a hands on experience first before jumping to any conclusions...really detracts from any credibility spouting off uneducated opinions on such matters.
When your living depends on an audience that wants to bash any threat to Tesla as much as you do…

Also, there's the larger issue with media in general these days: Lack of journalistic integrity. This stems from two problems. 1) YouTubers tend to not be trained in how to follow basic journalism guidelines and 2) Audiences seldom punish influencers for being wrong.

So make a video bashing Lucid, make $$$$
Two months later, make a video praising Lucid, make more $$$$

Being the owner he sat and talked with, I’m happy to see he took it all in!

Another interesting Lucid review popped up on YouTube late last week. It was by "Tailosive EV", who occasionally borders on being a Tesla fanboy. He and his wife did their first ever test drive of a Lucid (a Pure RWD) and were very impressed. In fact, his wife caught him off guard by saying she thought their next EV should be a Lucid. He ended up concluding that Lucid's problem was being at a price point with relatively few EV buyers, not the car itself.

I've said it before, and I continue to think that Lucid's biggest problem right now is getting eyes on the car and butts in the seats. The car does a very good job of selling itself, and at its new price point the Pure seems on the way to becoming a real contender.

I go walking for exercise in the Scottsdale Fashion Square mall where there is the Lucid design studio but also a Tesla store and a Polestar store. For a long time there was much more traffic at the Tesla store (in a worse mall location) than at the Lucid store (almost no one at the Polestar store). Lately the Lucid store is at least as busy if not busier than the Tesla store (still rarely anyone at the Polestar store), I also see many Lucids now on the street. So I think there are beginning to be more "butts in the seat".

But, of course, the cars are made here in Arizona and we have both a design studio and a service center in Scottsdale. My golfing buddy just got a Pure here.

I go walking for exercise in the Scottsdale Fashion Square mall where there is the Lucid design studio but also a Tesla store and a Polestar store. For a long time there was much more traffic at the Tesla store (in a worse mall location) than at the Lucid store (almost no one at the Polestar store). Lately the Lucid store is at least as busy if not busier than the Tesla store (still rarely anyone at the Polestar store), I also see many Lucids now on the street. So I think there are beginning to be more "butts in the seat".

But, of course, the cars are made here in Arizona and we have both a design studio and a service center in Scottsdale. My golfing buddy just got a Pure here.
I agree. Just 2 days ago, I saw 2 Lucid airs in the space of 5 minutes. This was at 9 PM. In the afternoon, I saw a white one coming from school and a matte PPF-ed ZR. Interestingly, none of them were pures as they had a glass roof. Not only are the price reductions introducing more Pure owners, these pure owners are bringing awareness of the brand to people who would buy a Touring or a GT.

Prior to about a month ago, I'd be lucky if I saw even one in the entirety of the month... but I agree that Lucid is slowly but surely getting there.

Back